Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Jaguar S-Type Starting Problems

darnell1darnell1 Member Posts: 1
edited April 2014 in Jaguar
After driving car the start of day and stopping the engine, the car will not start until 20 minutes later. While watiing and turning the switch there are no clicks or sounds. The battery has plenty of power as horn,lights,radio, ect works fine. What could this problem be.
Darnell

Comments

• Options
    rnrautornrauto Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2001 type s jaguar that I have been trying to fix for the past three months but just can't figure out when I shift from park to drive it takes about 8-10 seconds to engage after that I have no problem in less i take it out of drive and back in agian then it will do the same thing, when i shift from park to reverse it works fine. :confuse:
  • Options
    HenrySalgueroHenrySalguero Member Posts: 2
    I have a 2001 s-type with about 70,000 miles. I just bought the car last month, and i'm having problems when i go to start it. When i start it i have to hold the key to the ignition and after about 3 to 4 seconds it'll start up. it sounds like the battery is low when i'm trying to start it but i just replaced the battery today with a professional recommended battery. Has any body had this problem? i'd really appreciate it if someone could help me out
This discussion has been closed.