Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

GMC Yukon. How long can they last?

2»

Comments

• Options
    ByronByron Member Posts: 1
    Just purchased a well maintained 2005 Yukon. Has 247k miles on it. Got it from a mechanic who put a new tranny and radiator in it. Runs like a dream...for 2500$ spent, hope to get our money out of it. It's been well maintained and always had recent check ups and tune ups. Live in a small town so a lot of stop and go. Have a 2005 Chevy Colorado bought new and has 65k miles to this day. Wondering with a well oiled machine how many miles could we possibly expect from this vehicle?
  • Options
    Brooklynboy74Brooklynboy74 Member Posts: 1
    Own a 2008 Yukon XL SLT, 150000 miles all hard NYC streets, runs just fine!
  • Options
    PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372

Own a 2008 Yukon XL SLT, 150000 miles all hard NYC streets, runs just fine!

The "secret" to all the high mileage vehicles I've had has been maintenance. You can't get there without taking care of things!
  • Options
    will8nwill8n Member Posts: 1
    Still driving my 2005 SLT with 287,500 miles on her. Recently replaced the oil pan gasket. Original, stock vehicle. I love the old girl! Just bought a used 2014 Denali with 54,000 miles as a "back up".
  • Options
    JinfrJinfr Member Posts: 1
    2010 Yukon Denali with 448,894 miles
  • Options
    1Tomco1Tomco Member Posts: 1
    Just had to chime in. I am the original owner of a 2004 Yukon SLT...Probably the coolest vehicle I have ever owned. Yes a few problems along the way...Tranny needed rebuild @ 130K...Driver side leather seat needed to be recovered. The material on the headliner started coming off @ 120K so had to have the upholstery shop R&R..
    The actuators that control the heat and air went haywire after a battery went dead.that was a hassle but I fixed myself...a water pump and radiator , a valve cover that has a PCV valve built in that was making it blow smoke when it started...But how about this...at 160K original starter still working..motor is running strong..never had fuel issues..I got over 120K before I needed to replace the original brakes..????..dang thing rides smooth and comfy and turns on a dime...Truly a very well designed vehicle built to last...I noticed recently that the frame bumpers are eroding...didn't notice it in the ride but I'll replace them..Original everything else and still running strong...
  • Options
    pinkskull64pinkskull64 Member Posts: 1
    i have a 2001 yukon 5.3 215,514 miles paid $600 never have put any other money into it other $16 for liftgate shocks
  • Options
    RANDYJR41260RANDYJR41260 Member Posts: 1
    mtngrl05 said:

Just wondering if anyone has any Yukons out there with high miles that are still going strong.

See also: The Top 20 Longest-Lasting Cars

mtngrl05 said:

Just wondering if anyone has any Yukons out there with high miles that are still going strong.

See also: The Top 20 Longest-Lasting Cars

MINE HAS 282500 miles still going strong