Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lexus ES 330 Key Programming

laj0131laj0131 Posts: 1
i just got a used 04 lexus es330 the car only came with the "valet key". i called Lexus they told me that i could get a key for $171 i payed it but guess what this doesnt include the programming this was just for them to cut the key!!!! so now i have a key that is good for nothing, i have heard there are ways you can program it yourself if anyone could help i would so appreciate it they are giving me ridiculous quotes on programming the key from $200-$898 please help me out!

Comments

• mike208mike208 Posts: 3
    I have the same questions except mine is 2005 Rx 330...I got a single operating key and would like another one...I alos would not mind having apalin spare key.
  • braidelbraidel Posts: 1
    keylessride.com sells instructions for $15 and have a great return policy if they or even if a key doesn't work. i hear it should only take 15 minutes to do it yourself, IF you have a master key. the first post in this thread who said he only had a valet key would need to get a working master (sounds like he has one now, but it's not working yet). in this case, he would have to get his engine computer flashed. this likely will cost more $. and may be only dealers can do this, but i dont know.

also, i encourage you to shop around. in my area (suburban philadelphia), some dealers sell new keys for $158 and $25 to program the key (if you have a master), others do the same for well into the $200 range.

i can't believe programming instructions aren't on the web somewhere (???) for free but for $15 i'm willing to buy them.

good luck all.
  • patpat Posts: 10,421
    Hi Mike - I moved your other post here: mike208, "Lexus RX 330" #3867, 24 Jul 2007 7:05 am. That's where the folks familiar with the RX 330 are hanging out. :)
  • vcrespovcrespo Posts: 13
    :confuse: i have a 1996 lexus es 300,my question is my airbag light came on. how do i trun it back off without unbluging it. thanks
  • epanggaepangga Posts: 1
    I just bought a used 2005 Lexus ES 330 and realized the vehicle operations manual is missing from the glove compartment where it is supposed to be. I suppose the dealership is not obligated to supply the new owner of the vehicle of such a manual when it turns out to be missing. Can I order this manual from the Lexus dealership and how much do they cost?
  • I have a 1996 ES300. I lost my keys, but I do have the key code. I am being quoted around $500 from the dealer. Does anyone have any cheaper suggestions?!? Thanks!!!
  • oscarlettoscarlett Posts: 7
    I just purchased a 2006 ES 330 with only 1 master key. The customer reviews on ikeyless.com were scathing...does anyone know of an ethical company outside of Lexus who replicates & programs keys ?
    The tranny is performing well, maybe because it only has 41K.
    Any warning signs I should be looking out for? Loving the ride so far!