Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Aveo and Ethanol

cseibertcseibert Posts: 1
edited April 2014 in Chevrolet
Anybody have issues with the Aveo running the 10% ethanol mix? Had one time where engine stopped with ethanol blend in the tank and this morning would not start right away with the blend in there.

Any tips?

Comments

• randydriverrandydriver Posts: 262
    I havent but my mileage sure has sunk since we swithch over to the stuff here in Dallas.....when I got the car got great mileage now with the 10% crap...dropped from 27-30 city down to 25-28 and highway from 37-40 to 34-37...it sucks. The car is running rough now also... I put a bottle of RXP in it and it helped get all the carbon build up out of it....Ethanol cause lots of carbon build up in a very short time.
  • Here in Canada we have a gasoline company called Mohawk and they sell an Ethanol blend that contains about 7% Ethanol. I've been using this in my new AVEO on and off for the past month since I took delivery of my car and there's been no issues with this fuel. I find that the AVEO seems to get slighty better fuel economy when I use the Ethanol blended gasoline.
  • flaaveoflaaveo Posts: 161
    Long story short. I JUST noticed that at my local Hess station, that I usually get me gas from, best price around me. BUT I just noticed a small sign on the pump saying that 'this gasoline contains no more than 10% ethanol', or something like that. I swear I never noticed it in 2 years of getting gas there! I could swear that the owner manual says to NEVER put ANY ethanol in the car. I have the 2006 5 door LS. Have I ruined some parts of the fuel system? Is this why I get crappy mileage? I sometime fill up at other stations and I get a whopping 2-3 extra miles per gallon. I always thought it was because of me driving SUPER careful. One time of pushing the gas pedal, and NOT driving like a little old lady, and I get 2-3 mpg less! So..does using this ethanol gas hurt it, has it already ruined parts? Or does it matter? It isnt a 'flex fuel car thats for sure. So when that type of gas turns up everywhere, they better make it work in ALL cars.
  • poncho167poncho167 Posts: 1,178
    I am not sure where you are from but most of the U.S. has 10% ethanol in the gas. All cars are designed to use it.
  • flaaveoflaaveo Posts: 161
    Thanks for the information. I never knew that! Well these Hess stations are the only gas stations that I have EVER, in my life, seen a notice that each level of gas contains 10% or less ethanol. I never knew it was in all gas brands. Well as long as it is ok and safe...fine by me. P.S. I am in Fort Lauderdale Fla.
This discussion has been closed.