Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

GMC Acadia

2»

Comments

• Options
    donl1donl1 Member Posts: 112
    I've had my Acadia since April 07' with zero problems. It's been to the shop for the transmission reflash (which did indeed make it much better) and the recall on the propeller bolts. Never looked at the Maxda. Only have 17K on my AWD Acadia but it's been trouble free...exactly what you'd expect when buying a new vehicle...it's my first GMC.
  • Options
    lemonowner08lemonowner08 Member Posts: 36
    I am a former owner of a 2008 Acadia. Bought it new, traded it at 23,000 miles and took at bath on the trade. Bought an import, no problems at all with new Murano. But, I loved the look of the Acadia, the interior room, the way it handled on snow in ice was unmatched. Each year, I read the messages posted with problems and I see they have not been resolved or more problems are found. I had mine 2.5 years..low mileage because I hardly dared to take it out of town. GMC has a beautiful vehicle, the 2011 Denali is even more appealing. But when there is nothing reliable under the hood, when sunroofs leak, and all the other problems that occur with these vehicles, it is like owning a pretty house with absolutely no furniture and who would do that or want that. GM needs to get some new engineers that know how to build and engine and drive train from front to back. And because of my experience with my Acadia, I will never have another car with a sunroof. I had previously owned a Grand Prix GTP loaded for 6 years. I had no leak in that sunroof, ever, so I know they can be made reliably. Does GM not care. I went as far to the top as I could get with my problems with my car and got nothing. I decided to cut my losses, which was nearly $20,000 of depreciation in a 2.5 year period with only $23,000 miles on it. That is some drastic depreciation. I would urge people who are checking out the Acadia before purchase to look at the problems people have posted, look at how well they don't hold their value, and make their decisions accordingly. In my state, the lemon law is so soft, I had no recourse. Some states take this serious and act aggressively. Check to see what the lemon law is in your state. These vehicles aren't cheap. They cost a good amount of money and when they are showing problems right out of the gate, that is not a good sign. Use your Better Business Bureau also. They handle mediation. I would have gone that way, but I simply didn't have time. I left a complaint, but mediation is something that takes a while. I needed to travel asap. Every once in a while, I see an Acadia that looks like mine and I feel bad, because it was good in functionality--could take all my grand kids on a ride, while they watched the DVD. You have the look down, GMC, now put something reliable under the hood!
  • Options
    wlbrown9wlbrown9 Member Posts: 867
    Just got a note from the GMC Professionals. Looks as if the Acadia has a new design for 2013. From this link I really can not tell alot about it, but here it is anyway

http://www.gmc.com/2013-acadia-crossover-vehicle.html?evar36=eml_gmc_enews_hr_01- 12_vehicle

Bill (satisfied owner of a 2008 Saturn Outlook XR)
  • Options
    dts2dts2 Member Posts: 1
    Anyone find a good alternative to the overpriced GMC crossbars for the Acadia....$195 is too pricey and it appears there are alternatives for $50+......thanks for your help
  • Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Saw a nice red Acadia last week while giving a woman directions. She said she loved the ride.

More new car shoppers are discovering Acadia’s purposeful engineering. October sales for Acadia were the best for that month since 2007, the model’s first year on the market. And through the first 10 months of 2012, Acadia is on track for its best sales year ever.

According to auto shopping site Edmunds.com, Acadia “offers a winning combination of comfort, features, cargo space and performance in a utility-style package.” The 2012 Acadia won Edmunds’ “Best Retained Value” award for SUVs between $35,000 and $45,000, as well as a 2012 ALG Residual Value Award in the full-size utility segment."

2013 Acadia comes armed for an army of elbows</a (washingtontimes.com)