Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Toyota Highlander Cargo Carrier

derekgaddyderekgaddy Member Posts: 32
edited March 2014 in Toyota
Does anyone have a hard cover cargo carrier? I'm researching carriers and would appreciate any input -- thx. I own a 2003 AWD Limited.

Comments

• Options
    webgoodwebgood Member Posts: 95
    I've used a Thule on our '04 V6 AWD. It does noticeably reduce your highway fuel mileage, can't give you an exact figure but from what I recall it was one or two MPG. It's been a great alternative for extra storage, particularly of light-weight bulky 'stuff'.
  • Options
    derekgaddyderekgaddy Member Posts: 32
    Thx for the reply. Can you tell me what Thule model you have and is there much noise from the carrier while driving?
  • Options
    webgoodwebgood Member Posts: 95
    Sorry, just saw your message and had to do some digging. We have a Cascade 1500. The size and dimensions were just right...69" long, 32 wide and 16.5 tall. The other Cascades were too long in my view at around 90". I do not recall there being any problem with increased noise; it might be that I'm too excited when going on vacation to really notice. I mount it as far back as I can on the roof racks so that it doesn't interfere with the lift gate when open. It looks good on the HL, too.
This discussion has been closed.