Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Service not at the dealership?

microbemicrobe Posts: 4
edited March 2014 in Lexus
Hi, I have an RX350. I just had my first non-free level-A service at Lexus/Stevens Creak (Bay Area). It just did oil change, tire rotation and a car wash I believe. It's for the 10000 mile. I was charged $200.

I am just wondering where you guys have your Lexus serviced. Is there a better alternative with the same quality but better price? Thanks.

Comments

• sheikh1sheikh1 Posts: 8
    I bought a 2007 rx350 from len stoler in baltimore in March, but live in Va so decided to get it serviced from Lexus of Alexandria in Alexandria, VA. I brought it in for the first service and wasn't blown away by the service b/c they didn't do everything that they were supposed to do. Then i brought it in for the 2nd service and the same thing---except that they charged me a little over $250 for basically a glorified oil change, AND didn't do all my service requests. I previously had a toyota and the service guy there had told me that a lot of lexus owners get their oil/filter changes done at the toyota dealerships b/c it's cheaper---ie the same engine in the highlander and the rx350---and service techs can service both easily. It's just that lexus refuses to recognize the two cars as being the same even though they are made in the same factory I believe. Anyhow---what I'm going to do for now on is get all my 5k services done at my local toyota dealer (20k, 25k)--and just get the major services done at the lexus dealer . . . until the warranty runs out--and then just go to a toyota dealer thereafter.
  • sssstevessssteve Posts: 49
    I get my oil changed where I can bring my own filter and oil. I buy Toyota filters on-line for $4.50 and use Mobil 1 full syn oil. Also buy Toyota air filter for $14.00. The oil change runs roughly $12 for the change and I'm using OEM parts with my choice of oil. Works great for me! Feel confident that the parts are exactly what the Lexus Dr. ordered - and I just saved a bunch of cash! Where ever I can, I try to shop around for the parts on-line cheaper and then just find a good mechanic to do the work. If it is something more involved than just a simple oil change and really needs a Toyota mechanic, I call the Toyota dealers that are close to me and get a price for service work. They are almost always less $ than Lexus service - even though the cars have all the same parts and service procedure (more or less).
This discussion has been closed.