Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Welcome to the Edmunds forums! We are changing the way you sign into our forums. Click here to learn more.

Car and Driver Article: "8 Tickets to Paradise"

velcro999velcro999 Posts: 5
edited March 2014 in Acura
Any opinions on this Car and Driver Article comparing these 8 Suv's with MDX coming out on top?

Comments

• jmpage2jmpage2 Posts: 268
    That article has been around for months and has been discussed before.

Basically C&D seem to say that if you like the performance of the BMW X5 get yourself an MDX Sport and save $10K.
  • dan12dan12 Posts: 114
    I test drove both the X5 and the MDX and I agree. In fact, I felt that the MDX Sport handled better than the base (non-sport) X5. However, the X5 looks better inside and out in my opinion. Plus, the BMW marketing department has done a great job convincing me that the propeller thingy is cool.

I think the MDX steering wheel looks weird; otherwise, the interior is really impressive. But I just prefer the simplicity in the X5. It's hard to justify $10K for that. (In reality, a comparably equipped X5 is $15K more.) I do understand people who do pay the extra $$ for the X5. I almost did the same but then decided it was too much.
This discussion has been closed.