Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Mazda CX-7 Bluetooth questions

mrvinmrvin Member Posts: 1
edited June 2015 in Mazda
Hello All,

I just purchased my first Mazda, the CX-7. Car is great! Due to the lack of its Bluetooth capability, I was wondering if anyone has tried installing the Motorola Bluetooth Automotive Music & Hands–Free System T605 from verizon? if so does it work well?

Thanks for the help!
Vin

Comments

• parottheadparotthead Member Posts: 3
    I just purchased a 08 CX-7 Touring with the Nav system and found out that it did not have Bluetooth. This was after visiting 3 different dealerships and having 3 different salespeople tell me that the button on the steering wheel was for that purpose. Since that was one of the significant selling features I was looking for, I was very disappointed and returned to the dealership the next morning. The only person that could tell me that the CX-7 nav system did not include Bluetooth was the service manager. He used his inside contacts to see if there was a "software" upgrade that could resolve the issue. I will be calling him back tomorrow to get an answer. I also am having him check on the possibility of loading the CX-9 software in my CX-7. The systems are almost identical with the Bluetooth exception. If anyone has found a work around tor this issue, please let me know.
  • vbbuiltvbbuilt Member Posts: 498
    It's going to take more than a software upgrade to enable BlueTooth. Bluetooth uses RF frequencies, xmitter/receiver embedded in the cellular device and the bluetooth components. The CX-7 NAV system has neither. Your only option is request refund and if they're not budging, go to court and claim fraud on the part of the dealership. Basic incompetence on their part. :mad:

Good luck, vince.
    It does sound like your right. I spoke to the service manager, who just so happened to have lunch with the head trainer from corporate today. He confirmed that the head unit in the CX-7 does not have the "Johnson Controls" module in it to allow for Bluetooth compatibility. I'm assuming that that is the RF transiever part. He did say that if it did have it the CX-9 software would have more than likely worked since the rest of the unit has the same functionality. I am now working with the sales manager to work out some "extras" to make up for the shortcomings of the sales staff. I like the car, so I'm not inclined to take it back. Just disappointed not to have one of the main features I bought the Tech package for.
  • johnny__rfjohnny__rf Member Posts: 83
    I use a Motorola Bluetooth® Hands-Free Speaker T305 which clips to my visor in my cx-7. I don't talk much on the phone in my car so this $79 item works just fine for me. It holds a charge real long (recharge it every 2 weeks or so). As nice as it would be to have integrated bluetooth.........it was not a big issue for me.
  • mrinventormrinventor Member Posts: 2
    The hard part is figuring out how to remove the plastic bezel from the center console. Does anyone know how this is done?

From what I've learned once the plastic cover is removed you just remove the radio using a universal DIN tool (two wire U's $4 at parts store). To interface with the Bose radio it takes a $150 cable and harness from Quick Connect Products and the Parrot 3200 LS unit $150 - $200 from there it's just plug and play.

I bought the 2008 CX7 workshop manual, but it didn't have anything on removing the cover. Does anyone know which manual does, they manuals are ~ $100 each.

Thanks in advance

Alan :confuse:
  • cx7lovercx7lover Member Posts: 90
    That's not how you take it out at all, you need to pry open the bezel and then it's just four screws that hold it in.

check mcx7.com
  • aviboy97aviboy97 Member Posts: 3,159
    Hey everyone,

Looking for Bluetooth? I do believe the 09 CX-7 will have Bluetooth as an option.
  • canuck_dudecanuck_dude Member Posts: 1
    Any updates for this? I am in Canada and have a 2007 CX-7 with navigation, but from what I am seeing on the post boards, I will not have any luck operating throught this. Sounds like best bet is an after market handsfree completely independant of the nav system. Not interested in the large fine for not being hands free for driving, but can not help think this is a large oversight for a high ticket vehicle
    I'm sorry to say that the factory head unit in the 2008 (and earlier) CX-7 is not compatable with bluetooth. The factory head unit does not have the reciever to accept the bluetooth signal. My understanding is that the 2009 CX-7 has the same unit as the CX-9 and now has bluetooth capabilities.
  • danikinsdanikins Member Posts: 1
    Hello,
    I just leased a 2010 Sport CX7 and love it. The dealer said it had a 6 CD changer/player in it. However, I found out later it did not. I do not own an IPOD or MP3 player yet so am wondering if I get one, will I be able to sync it with the Bluetooth in my car. As silly as this is, I love the 6 CD changer as I have a special needs daughter who loves to listen to various music. It is awkward to change out CD's. Any thoughts or help on this would be greatly appreciated. My sister has a Mazda 3 and my nephew was looking for a way to hook up an IPOD and the only thing we can figure out is through the bluetooth.
    Thx,
    Kim
  • pritty1979pritty1979 Member Posts: 1
    I just bought a 2010 CX 7 Touring with bluetooth phone and audio device compability. I immediately connected my phone and everytime I got in the car, it found my phone and automatically turned my MP3 within my phone on. A couple of times, I had to reset and pair it again until a week ago I couldn't. Then I went to work angry because I couldn't make calls. It's been almost 2 weeks and I can't pair my phone with my car. Before taking to the dealership I tried my friend's phone which worked. Then I called T-Mobile and they suggested an upgrade on my phone's baseband version from A6 to B5. Then I was able to connect it with my computer but I still cannot connect with the Mazda. Has anyone out there with similar problem? I want to find out if the problem is with the phone or the car...

Thanks
  • archearche Member Posts: 3
    This might help you:

Bluetooth TSB

Dealer might fix it for free. Hope it helps.
  • ladyengineerladyengineer Member Posts: 1
    I bought a used 2010 Mazda w/NAV a couple of months ago and programmed the Bluetooth to work with my iPhone 4S. Have used it several times - love it! However, this morning for some reason I pressed the PHONE button to answer an incoming call, and the caller could hear me, but I could not hear the caller (found this out later - it was my husband). I tried making a call out, and when I pressed the PHONE button, it was dead silent - but the NAV screen said "LISTENING", and then said "HELP". I checked to see if it was still linked, and it was. I tried turning the car off and then on again - no change. It was almost like the speaker quit working or something. The reason I am asking this question on the forum before I take the car into the shop is that this car has an awful lot of "bells and whistles" compared to the car that I drove for the 10 years prior to buying this one, so I am wondering if I accidentally turned some knob or flipped some lever that disabled the Nav/handsfree speaker. Is this problem familiar to anyone? If not, I'll take it in to the dealer and get it fixed.

Thanks!!
  • tyra2678tyra2678 Member Posts: 1
    edited June 2015
    Ok hey, i have the Mazda cx-7 and the only issue i have is that it doesnt have an aux jack, so i cant play my music of my iphone. SO i was wondering if anybody knows another way, to play music from my phone through my car, without installing, a whole bunch of stuff.