Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Nissan Quest Entertainment Systems

2»

Comments

• facmanbossfacmanboss Member Posts: 1
    :confuse: Is the standard CD player compatible with MP3s?

This CD player has a plugin for MP3 players. However, the manual seems to indicate that MP3 CDs are also compatible. It even gives the tech specs for burning them, although not all MP3 specs needed. I cannot get any MP3 CD to play. Of course, MP3 CD-Rs are data CDs, not audio CDs. It only shows track 1 and the time counter acts like something is playing. No error is generated.

I have been burning MP3s for years on various PC software (Nero, Windows Media, MusicMatch Jukebox) and know how to do it wuite well.
    Thanks,
    Facmanboss
  • leerichleerich Member Posts: 1
    We just bought a 2004 Nissan Quest and have had a couple of problems, first the CD player won't eject our CD, it makes a clicking noise and the indicator on the dash turns off saying there is no CD in the player. Has anyone had this problem? How do I get the CD out? I tried taking the whole unit out but couldn't get the center console to come off. Any ideas??
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    The How to Remove a Stuck CD guide may help.

Steve, visiting host
  • bordofotobordofoto Member Posts: 2
    Dear Plashenick,

Hello--what is a TSB? I have a 2004 Quest and my CD player is broken, how can I get a new one thru the dealer forf ree, if so?

Please help==

Mike
    e-mail--bordofoto@aol.com
  • Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    A TSB is Technical Service Bulletin.

Check our Maintenance Guide for TSBs for your Quest.
  • bordofotobordofoto Member Posts: 2
    REMOVING CD PLAYER ON MY 2004 QUEST

Anyone know how to do this?

TY

Mike
  • dtownfbdtownfb Member Posts: 2,918
    Also the 2004 Quest are covered for 5 yrs/60k miles. If you are under for mileage, it should be covered.
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    You might get some info at crutchfield.com or Installdr.com.

Steve, visiting host
  • newquestvannewquestvan Member Posts: 1
    We just purchased a 2008 Quest SL that has the LCD information center on the center of the dash. The stock radio has a fm/am/sat button. I would like to install a satellite radio antenna and connect it to the back of the stock radio and have the satellite radio channel information displayed on the LCD (as the F.M. channel and song information is currently displayed on the LCD). I would rather not have a satellite receiver cluttering things on top of the dash. Is this type of set-up possible? Does anyone know how my car/audio system is wired with regards to the satellite radio button on the dash and the LCD? Thanks.
  • xmasxmas Member Posts: 2
    you can now have sirrius backseat tv installed on your car. it gives the kids options of watching nickelodean, disney or cartoon network (AFTER MARKET- unless you have brand new dodge,chrysler) in addition to the dvd players. My kids love this extra option -- exspecially for the long car trips
  • sp2006sp2006 Member Posts: 1
    Hi, I just recently bought a 2004 Nissan Quest 3.5SL. Does anyone know where to buy a DVD remote for the factory installed DVD system? Unfortunately the van didn't come with a remote.
  • rtbengrtbeng Member Posts: 1
    We have the same question. All the research I've done, still leads back to 'it has to be installed at the factory!' My wife is 4'11' and does not like anything cluttering the dash either. I was told the Radio may be a Panasonic, but am trying to confirm this. The local third party dealers (Sirius & XM) say they donot have the cables to connect. I hate it when Manufacurers Lock in a situation like this. Hopefully, someone will come up with a solution.
    Thanks too!
  • dandriadandria Member Posts: 1
    I ran into same problem. I actually purchased the Sirius modules;

999U9-AS006 - Sirius Tuner
    999U9-NS000 - Bracket
    999U9-NQ000 - Quest N-Bus Harness

thinking that these would work on my 2008 Quest SL. I had my dealer attempt the install and found that the module won't install on the 2008. It was only supported up thru the 2007 model year.

If anyone has different information, I would love to hear it. :(
  • rutesh_123rutesh_123 Member Posts: 1
    yes i have the sammee problemm wid my nissan 2004 .... Guyss anyy onee??????? knoww?
  • slalomskieslalomskie Member Posts: 2
    I have a base model 06 quest and I was jump starting my van but didn't know the charger was on 24 volt. Smelled burning wires in the cab and shut it down. End result was everything still works except the radio. :cry:
    When turning the radio on the dash lights come on and you can scan for a station but it does not pick up any, just keeps running through the numbers and never stops. The CD player still works just fine. I have checked to see if any fuses were blown in the fuse panel but could not find any.

Any one come across this, know if anything I can try to trouble shoot? Or know where I can find a replacement radio?
  • suli5suli5 Member Posts: 1
    How did you "reboot" the system. I have an 04 Quest and the dealer tells me that the radio must be replaced for $510. Nissan is unwilling to help, and I can't find an after-market radio to fit this make and model year.
  • divanicki75divanicki75 Member Posts: 1
    I'm told that I should be able to buy an Aux cord from Apple, etc to connect one end into my iphone and the other end into the Aux connector, but the only problem is that in my 2006 Quest, the only Aux connector I can find is behind the driver's head (i.e. kids can control) and everyone seems to think (and I sincerely hope) that there should be a connector somewhere within my reach in the front seat. Can anyone help, please?
    Thanks!
  • skh12skh12 Member Posts: 2
    My radio will either come on when I start the van or play a while and go off or not come on at all. Display still shows radio station is on, but radio doesn't play. Anyone got ideas on what this problem might be????
  • dtownfbdtownfb Member Posts: 2,918
    There is a TSB for that issue on the 2004 Quest radios. Not sure if I can attach it or not, but the TSB is NTB04-78. Basically, the radio needs to be replaced.

If you like, you can send me a PM and I can e-mail you a copy of the TSB so you can read it yourself.
  • skh12skh12 Member Posts: 2
    Please send me the info regarding TSB NTB04-78.
  • jking10jking10 Member Posts: 1
    We are having this problem now, and it is causing some major rifts in the world. What can you tell me to help?
  • makenoizmakenoiz Member Posts: 2
  • makenoizmakenoiz Member Posts: 2
    We just purchased a used 2008 SE. It does not have DVD screens but it has back up camera and cd changer. We want to add two dvd screens but the dealer says it will cost 4500.00 so we would like put our own in. I can buy the screens for about $125 used. We have heard that if there are back up cameras, then its already wired for DVDs (same hardware module) and its jst a matter of setting the screens in and plugging them in . Is this true?

Thanks for any advice.
  • famof3kidsfamof3kids Member Posts: 160