Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

08 Lancer Modifications

kittykat615kittykat615 Posts: 10
edited April 2014 in Mitsubishi
Hey guys, I already put in the aftermarket air intake on my 08 Lancer. It made a really big difference, but, I still want to make it louder and faster. The air intake GREATLY improved the mid range speed, but only slighty quickened the off the line speed. Any suggestions on what I can do? I have the ES, 2.0L, 4 cyl. I don't know how much more the engine can handle. It's REALLY hard finding parts and stuff for this car because it's so new! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• To answer your questions KittyKat615:

To help with initial acceleration, you should try getting the light weight aluminum pulleys.

The best current place for a couple of performace mods for the 08' Lancer is RoadRaceMotorsports.com

Also, there is a forum/group of use who discuss how, where, and when mods are coming out at LancerTuncers.com

Hope this helps.

Bill
  • paisanpaisan Posts: 21,181
    Lightened pulleys (but not smaller ones) would help, smaller diameter tires would also give you more accleration as well.

-mike
  • Ohhhhh, interesting. Someone told me your car has to be supercharged to add a pulley.
    Nope, no supercharged to add a pulley. The effects of a smaller diameter pulley on a supercharged car are greatly felt, but a LIGHTENED (same diameter) pulley on any car will yield a better throttle response due to less rotational mass on the engine.

-mike
  • Thanks so much! Do know of any websites where I can compare prices on puleys?
    Hmm I forget who makes them but they should be available for yah. Price comparos are probably not an issue as there will be 1 or 2 makers and sellers. Unfortunately I doubt that engine you have is highly sought after for aftermarket tuning compared to an EVO engine.

-mike
  • Yeah, I figured. It's pretty basic. THe 08 Evo comes out this spring, so, I hope when that comes out, they'll get more parts for the non-evos. Thanks for your help!
  • Hey, do you think this would be good?

This is a custom ROAD/RACE CNC machined crank pulley. It is made of aircraft grade aluminum and weighs just 1 lb. Stock pulley weighs more than 4 lbs. and robs h.p. from the engine just to spin it. Just like a light flywheel, throttle response will be greatly improved!Installs in minutes and uses original belts.
    Yup that's what you want, if it uses the stock belts that means that it's not any smaller. (a smaller one will cause problems with your A/C and/or Alternator).

-mike
  • j12j12 Posts: 6
    I am sorry for the stupid question but will the lighter pulleys void the warranty?
    Only will void it if the failure of the warrantied item is related to the lightened pulleys. Unfortunately greater throttle response/hp/etc. can be construed by the manufacturer to a great number of items if they were to fail on your car.

-mike
  • I was told to ask if I need a bolt for this, and the torque specifications in inch lbs or ft lbs. I don't know what this means, but he needs the info to do it. Thanks!
    Who needs to know this info? Your mechanic?

-mike
  • Nope, my boyfriend is putting it on. He knows a lot about cars, but, not as much about foreign cars. He told me to ask those questions.
    In my experience, you re-use the stock bolt when replacing the pulley. As for ft-lbs to use on the nut, check a factory manual or just tighten it up real good!

-mike
  • spawnspawn Posts: 1
    Hi, if anyone is interested in getting good sound cheap, this is what i tried. The car stock has 2 resonators after the cat then the muffler. Their is a flange right before the muffler, I took the muffler off and had a exhaust pipe made with a tip and sounds great. With a little less weight.
  • it does sound good.. but dont you notice your a little slower? .... i mean if you take out the muffler it will actually decrease your horsepower b.c you will have no back pressure... and its a 4cyl. car so you want that back pressure.
  • its all road race, others...hmmm i, have some stuff from sun automobile (hyper ground sys. inazima fuel, hyper speed hot wires and inazima pocket) + h.p.'s besides my road race stuff. another thing to consider is spark plugs, i, replaced mine w/ pulstar. and other than that, am, stopping from here. am, ready to trade my lancer. just think "ralliart" and evo x. save your money and get one of the turbo mods.
  • lol...maybe thats a "supercharger pulley" you could always replace your pulley w/ the lighter pulley. (i.e. crank pulley)
  • so, youre runnin straight pipe? yeah thats a loss. just get a after market muff. 2.5 cat (get rid of resonators) and a test pipe from road race. i, got one and this things bump's my power up and it sounds agressive.
This discussion has been closed.