Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Volvo S70 Transmission

sgvolvosgvolvo Posts: 1
edited August 2014 in Volvo
My S70 has 131K miles. It is well maintained and in very good condition. Recently as the car comes to a stop there is a hesitation and feeling that it is going to stall, but never has. Othewise the car runs fine. Any thoughts?

Comments

• I've had that before and it was a tiny crack in a spark plug wire. Cheap fix if that's it! Try tape first if you can find a spot. Mine did it on uphill grades as the crack layed against metal then.
  • carloszcarlosz Posts: 1
    Hello there, i drive a 2000 Volvo S70, every morning i warm up the car for a couple of minutes before i go, i have noticed this noise every time i start sounds like a loud CLACKK!!, i think this happens when the automatic transmition shifts to 2nd gear, this happens only once in the mornings, during the day i dont hear this noise any more . the car runs perfect, Any ideas?
    the car has 188k
    Thanks
    Carlos
  • cb1962cb1962 Posts: 1
    you may have to change your transmission fluid I also have a 2000 S70 running Mobil 3309 for trans fluid. You have to run this type or the dealer fluid at $18.00 a quart. The Mobil 3309 is only $4.50 a quart but you have to buy it directly from Mobil. They will ship it out to you. I think its $55.00 for a case of 12 right now. If you run Dexron Mercon you may experience transmission failure. The Ainsin Warner transmission is touchy and in my opinion of a lesser quailty then swedish made volvo transmissions.
  • sabah12345sabah12345 Posts: 1
    My 2000 S70 has a high R/PM. it almost gets number one in the gage. Any idea.

Thanks
  • My 2000 S70 started "lagging" on a bumpy road the other day. It felt like it was dropping into 2nd gear. Then the up arrow and check engine lights came on. I tried moving the gear shift into park, reverse, drive a few times with the engine off. This did not remove the warning signals, but the car seems to be driving better. Is it possible that I just need to replace the transmission fluid? Estimate for a new transmission was $4800!!!
This discussion has been closed.