Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chevy S10 - GMC S15 and Sonoma Drive Shaft/Driveline/Axles

s10draggins10draggin Member Posts: 2
edited August 2014 in Chevrolet
Will a drive shaft of a '96 single cab long bed chevy s-10 fit a short bed extended cab of the same year and model.

Comments

• hoodlatchhoodlatch Member Posts: 255
    I would think your S-10 long bed is rare. I haven't ever seen a long bed on a S-10 later than 92. To answer your question: the two pice drive shaft on my 97 S-10 extended cab looks the same as the two pice drive shaft on my 92 S-10 long bed. I know their pricey, to replace them you'll have to take out a second mortgage. :)
  • s10draggins10draggin Member Posts: 2
    i don't have a long bed. i was just wondering if a single cab long bed comes with a one piece drive shaft. and if it would fit an extended cab shortbed
  • hoodlatchhoodlatch Member Posts: 255
    I have a 92 long bed which was my dad's. Shortly after he bought the truck he found out it had a recall on the drive shaft. It came with a one piece drive shaft which was supposed to be a two piece. Until the dealer corrected it with a two piece drive shaft it wouldn't run right. I guess with a one piece drive shaft on a long frame caused too great of an angle on the u-joints and weaken them. It also had a vibration on take off. At least that's my take on it. I don't know if this information helps or not but in Dad's case two piece drive shaft was the answer for long bed.
  • StonesonomaStonesonoma Member Posts: 2
  • StonesonomaStonesonoma Member Posts: 2
    I need to know what all axles fit under my 91 2WD Sonoma. Right now I have 3.73 gears and I'm only getting 13.5-14.8 mpg with the 5.7 TBI it has. I'm looking at 3.08, but was told 2.73 would work as well, although, I can't find either here in Michigan. Any thoughts would be appreciated!
  • pdub3pdub3 Member Posts: 2
  • pdub3pdub3 Member Posts: 2
    I have been through two rear ends now.Is there a problem with these things towing.I pulled a utility trailer about 1000 lbs while moving out of state.Probably put 2000 miles on it doing this.Plan on putting a new ring and pinion set in it.
  • tgmccallietgmccallie Member Posts: 2
    Check engine light codes: Po-152 02 Sensor Circuit Low Volts (Bank 2 Sensor 1)
    Po-154 02 Sensor CKT No Activity (Bank 2 Sensor 1)

What does this mean and how can I correct them.?

Thanks
    Tom
  • drew_budrdrew_budr Member Posts: 6
    i have a 2000 gmc sonoma 4X4 that is on its 4th rear end, also the truck only has about 60,000 miles on it, if you find the answer to keeping these trucks from thrashing rear ends please let me know :D
This discussion has been closed.