Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2008 Mazda CX-9

2»

Comments

• Options
    nxs138nxs138 Member Posts: 481
    I wonder if a trip computer will be included in a future software update. The Australian CX-9s do have a trip computer that lists mpg, which makes me think that maybe the options is simply software driven. Why it would not be included in the US baffles me.

Unless, of course, the trip computer is an entirely different chip that we don't have here, which Mazda might offer at a reasonably inflated price in the future.
  • Options
    pulleydogpulleydog Member Posts: 61
    Can you tell me more about the trip computer that you have purchased? I would like to get one too as I missed having one on the CX-9.

It's called a ScanGauge II and you can read about it here;

www.scangauge.com

It can do all sorts of things but the menus take a little getting used to. It's small, easy to install (took me less than 10 minutes) and can provide some useful information about your gas mileage, engine performance, etc. You can also easily use it on more that 1 vehicle - it just takes a minute or two to communicate and 'learn' the new vehicle it is connected to.

It plugs into the OBD II connector which is under the dash, just to the side of the steering column. Plug it in, and it's ready to program....and by program, I mean, tell it which 'units of measurement' you are using, engine size, gas tank size, and fuel type. Quick and very simple. You can even change the background color to better match your dash lighting - something I keep forgetting to do.

The computer gets its power from the same cable connection to the OBD connector, so there's nothing else to plug in. It comes with some Velcro for mounting it. I mounted mine centered on the front edge of my dashboard. It only blocks the odometer and tripmeter, which I can still see but I have to look over it.

It can easily unplug and store somewhere if you're concerned about theft. I plan to have my wife sew a little black cover for it. I think if she can make something, it will become just about invisible with the dark background of the dashboard.

It lists for $169.95 from the company's website, but I bought mine at Amazon for $159.95 with shipping. If you like 'gadgets' and have some extra money for a non-essential purchase, you'll probably enjoy having the computer.
    Hope that helps!
  • Options
    Okay, it might sound a little wacky, but I find myself adjusting the seatback nearly everyday. And I don't mean a little forward one day and a little back the next, I mean I have to always adjust the seatback to be in a slightly reclined position, so, I'm always adjusting back. It has to be moving forward by itself. There's no way I could be continually moving it in the same direction without is being in the completely reclined position by now - it's very odd.

And No, there is nobody else who drives my car except my wife who has driven it maybe a total of 4 times, tops. And we have no kids that would be playing in the car.

I'd be curious if anyone else is experiencing this same condition.
  • Options
    msuvetmsuvet Member Posts: 54
    Does the smart key remember seat position (that is, changes it to a saved one when you use it to unlock the car)?

If so, maybe it has remembered a position that isn't the one you want to be using.

There must be some way to reprogram it, if that is the case.
  • Options
    Does the smart key remember seat position (that is, changes it to a saved one when you use it to unlock the car)?

I've got the 'dumb' key... ;) on my 'Sport' model.

But thanks for the reply/thought, it just isn't the cause of this issue in my case.
  • Options
    maltbmaltb Member Posts: 3,572
    I have the same issue. It's not every day, but periodically. I did notice that it's very easy to hit the buttons unintentionally when opening the fuel door, but I'm not sure that is it.
  • Options
    I have the same issue. It's not every day, but periodically. I did notice that it's very easy to hit the buttons unintentionally when opening the fuel door, but I'm not sure that is it.

Hmmm...interesting, thanks!
    Because I typically fill-up nearly every day that I use the vehicle and always at the end of the day, I wonder if perhaps that is what is happening here. I'll have to be more aware of the seat before and after I fill-up.

Speaking of the fuel fill release door.....boy, I don't know about the rest of you, but I can barely get my hand between the door and the seat to pop it. If I have a coat on, I have to open the door to get to it. I'd be more bothered by it if I lived in NJ, but 'self-serve' is about all you can find around New England/NY, so I have to open the door to get out anyway. Folks in NJ get their gas pumped for them, don't freeze their butts off in the cold, and pay less than I do! Yes, I'm jealous!!
  • Options
    hrabehrabe Member Posts: 3
    Recently when starting my CX-9 with remote start my climate control system does not turn on until turning the key from the lock position. It worked fine in the past. The idea is to warm up the cabin with remote start using the settings at where I left them when turning off the vehicle.

The radio goes on, but the climate control is completely off. Any idea on what to do?
  • Options
    tcthomtcthom Member Posts: 3
    I'm having the same issue. Did you ever figure out how to fix this?
  • Options
    toa11111toa11111 Member Posts: 1
    It just happened to me too. I started it with snow and ice on the windshield. I first noticed that the wipers were not working untill I turned the car on. Then my wife told me the climate control did not work. I thought it was a safety feature to keep the wiper blades from breaking.
  • Options
    I just came across this Technical Bulletin. It sounds like this may fix the problem.

http://www.finishlineperformance.com/pdf/cx-9/bulletin/01-046-08-1963.pdf
  • Options
    I was able to fix the problem. Follow the instructions below to get to the remote starter fuse box. I found the HVAC fuse #1 was blown. Replaced the fuse and everything is working fine now. It takes about 15 minutes to replace.
  • Options
    theduck5theduck5 Member Posts: 1
    I have the same issue, all the same symptoms. Tires were worn out at 20k. On mildly bumpy rural roads sometimes it will pull quickly and hard to one side which is dangerous. I have had my dealer check the alignment at each oil change and they say it is within acceptable parameters or we need to rotate the tires and always the tires are a large high performance tire and that everything is normal. Yes they test drove it with "no noticeable problems".

I had a local tire shop put on new tires because the belts were exposed on the old ones. I tried Goodyear this time. I had them preform an alignment (recommended by Mazda) Before the new alignment there test showed there were alignment issues with all four wheels. It does not pull on the rural roads and the pulling on the highway is better but still exists. We'll see how it does in a few thousand miles.

Let's hope Mazda realizes this is a dangerous issue and steps up to fix it.
This discussion has been closed.