Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see May lease deals!
Options

Honda Accord Crash Test Results

jamese777jamese777 Member Posts: 18
edited March 2014 in Honda
The new Insurance Institute for Highway Safety crash test rankings for 2008 are out today and the Honda Accord Sedan finished tied for first in safety for 2008.
http://www.iihs.org/news/rss/pr111507.html

Comments

• Options
    lynn_gx07lynn_gx07 Member Posts: 3
    Why am I not surprise? I just took a brutal crash on the freeway at approx 70 miles an hour. The guy that hit me was high on drugs and his alcohol level is out of this world. My car swirl off the freeway and landed in the drainage ditch. My 08 accord handled it like a champ. All airbags deployed except for the drivers bc there was no impact in the front. My 2 kids ages 6 and 8 walked out of there with minor scratches and bruise. My car saved my life!
  • Options
    thegraduatethegraduate Member Posts: 9,731
    I'm glad to hear you and your kids are safe. Did you flip or turn over on your side?

I know it is soon, but I'd actually be interested in crash photos if you have a digital camera. I've always taken pictures of my car after I get hit, for insurance purposes.

Keep us updated on how the repair/replacement process is going!
  • Options
    vietviet Member Posts: 847
    Thanks Lynn for sharing info. God blessed you and your kids.
  • Options
    furrycutefurrycute Member Posts: 33
    When I went to purchase my 2008 Accord, on that spec sheet posted on the window, the driver side and front passenger crash tests received 5 stars, while the rear passenger crash tests only received 3 stars.

A difference of 2 stars. Should I be concerned about my passengers sitting in the rear seats? The Camry has gotten 5 stars in both tests.
This discussion has been closed.