Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Are you shopping for a new car and having a hard time finding what you want or did you recently buy a car but had to settle for something different than what you originally wanted? A reporter wants to speak with you; please reach out to [email protected] by 10/22 for more info.

99 Lincoln Nav cyl 8 misfire

Guys, i have a lincoln nav 99 with almost 96000, i have the check engine on, the code display is cylinder 8 misfiring, what should i do in order to fix it, also i noticed that the nav is shaking to much and the gas is been burned to fast... i know that this cosume a lot gas but this one is no normal. Help please.

Comments

• akirbyakirby Posts: 8,062
    If you haven't changed the spark plugs - do that first. If that doesn't fix it - it either has a coil pack(s) or COPs (a coil on each plug). That would be the second guess.
  • thanks, for the advice i'll check the spark plugs
  • I had the same problem, but # 2 misfire, check engine light on, neighbor a dealer mechanic suggested the following, pour one bottle of Red Line 60103 SI-1 Fuel System Cleaner - 15 oz into a full gas tank, drive a spell, disconnect battery a few minutes to reset ck engine soon light, which it did, took for another drive on intertstate a few miles, ran like new an still does to this date. Might be worth a try just a suggestion not a mechanic