Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Are you considering a vehicle subscription service or did you previously consider one and decide against it? If so, a reporter would like to talk to you. Please reach out to [email protected] by 10/30 for more details.
Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

2005 Explorer Limited - Cold Air from Glove Box?

cbear19cbear19 Posts: 1
edited March 2014 in Ford
It's winter here and we've just bought a 2005 Explorer Limited.

While driving it - we're noting a VERY noticeable cold draft coming from the glove box. Much like having a window down - and it's downright uncomfortable!

Can anyone give me any hints as to what is going on? What could be the problem?

Comments

• We have 2004 Explorer with the exact same issue. I don't have a solution but wanted you to know it wasn't just you. We also have a low volume of air coming through our vents on all settings and speeds. I read that could be the result of something being sucked in (napkin) from the glove box. Apparently there is an intake under there. I will dig into that and see what I can find. It might shed some light on why we're getting the air leak. Drives my wife nuts in the cold weather.
  • I have an 02 Explore XLT and am having the same issue. I stuffed a towel in there to help keep some of the air at bay. I'm taking it to the dealer in the next few days so hopefully they will have a fix and I can pass it on.
  • So I just now took my truck into the shop. They told me I was going to have to have my "max recirculating door" replaced. They said eventually it would wear out and then I wouldn't have heat or A/C. Cost $850 because they have to remove the dashboard to replace it. Hope this helps!
  • Can anyone tell me what all needs to be done to remove the dash on a 2004 Explorer. Afraid I need to fix the blend door to stop the cold air around the glove box. Suggestions?
  • Take lots of pictures as you go....
This discussion has been closed.