Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Diagram of Underneath of 96 Plymouth Voyager

km72km72 Member Posts: 5
edited March 2014 in Chrysler
I am trying to find a diagram that shows me the layout of the underneath of my Plymouth Voyager, 3.0L engine. I found an oil leak from something just behind the driver's side wheel well. Without putting it on a lift, it's a little hard to tell. My owner's manual isn't very helpful with this. Thanks everyone.

Comments

• xwesxxwesx Member Posts: 16,784
    I cannot help with the diagram, but the engine is mounted toward the passenger side, with the transmission mounted to the "rear" of the engine, on the driver side. If the leak is originating on the driver side, the oil is likely not coming from the engine itself.
    2018 Subaru Crosstrek, 2014 Audi Q7 TDI, 2013 Subaru Forester, 1969 Chevrolet C20, 1969 Ford Econoline 100, 1976 Ford F250
  • km72km72 Member Posts: 5
    I'm glad to hear it's not likely coming from the engine itself. However, where is the oil pan located? Would it be close to the driver side? Thanks.
  • numestonenumestone Member Posts: 1
    eh i had the same leak from what it sounds like and i dont think what u are dripping is oil
    it may in fact be trans fluid that has broken the half shaft seal and combined with the grease on the half shaft

the seal is about eight bucks at an auto part store and all it takes is remove passenger front tire, move over the hub and caliper, pull out the half shaft, removing the old seal then replace with new took me two hours and eight bucks

also check if the rubber boots on the half shaft are still in tack in one piece and not cracked if they are not i suggest not only replacing the boots(they never seal right as two part boots) but replace the whole half shaft for about 20 more well worth it when its all ready taken apart
This discussion has been closed.