Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Where are the 2008 4.7 Dakotas?

mtrialsmmtrialsm Member Posts: 159
edited March 2014 in Dodge
The local dealers don't have any 4.7 '08 Dakotas
in stock, does anyone know why there is a shortage of the V8s?

Comments

• dustykdustyk Member Posts: 2,926
    My dealer's been making an appeal for me to trade in my '03 Sport Plus Club Cab. I keep mine in very good condition, never been wrecked or even wrinkled and is real clean. I'm sure they're thinking they wouldn't have to invest in much doll up. At 98K I'm sure the resale is not going to be conducive enough for me to trade, but just for kicks I looked for a Dak Club Cab with a 4.7 on his lot several times.

None. I mean zero.

I asked my salesman about it and he said they could get one...from somewhere else. I inquired as to how many Dak with the 4.7 they've ordered since '08s have been available. One! And that was for a customer.

My guess is that with gasoline prices as they are the dealer doesn't want to risk having a 4.7 sitting on the lot for months and months, especially if they floor plan it. But I don't think I'd be wanting a Dakota in any other form. These 4.7s are exceptionally sturdy and mine has given me the same gas mileage as friends are reporting with their Frontiers and Tacomas with V6s.

As an aside, a friend of mine with a new Tacoma and I were pulling our ATVs down to the Southertier (New York). Since his machine weighs about the same as mine, and me with a 170 pound passenger, I was surprised how much power that Tacoma lost with the weight. I would out pull him every time, and on hills the Tacoma's engine was always in the upper RPM range, while the Daks 4.7 and 545RFE transmission would only leave fifth gear on the steepest hills.

I say surprised, because both vehicles empty the little Tacoma is just about as fast as mine once we get up to speed.

I would think that the new 4.7 with 302 HP would really make the Dakota a nice ride!

Regards,
    Dusty
This discussion has been closed.