Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

86 ford E-150 Conversion Van (Convert from Gas to Diesel)

alumicarus1alumicarus1 Posts: 2
edited July 2014 in Ford
Hi, I have a MINT 86 ford Econoline 150 with a 5.0 Gas engine.

The vehicle is a conversion van and has 60K miles but I would like to put a Diesel engine in it.

Does anywone know if the 86 ever had this option (i.e. the 7.3 Liter engine)
And does anyone know where I can get such a van for parts..

I could have the engine re-built and use all of the ancillary diesel components from the junk van..

Fuel prices are going up.. Diesel is more efficient :-) (Also I plan on converting it to run on Vegi Oil)

Comments

• Does anyone know of a website that I can get the value of my 1994 E-150 Conversion Van. I was in a wreck and cannot get anyone that can give me an estimate on the correct value of the van. Please Please Help!
  • chevanchevan Posts: 10
    Did you ever get your van fixed? The only comparable pricing I would use would be a "94 Ford E-150 Chateau model. It's the stock luxury passenger model but you may already know that. pbl
  • mandilonmandilon Posts: 1
    I'd like to convert a similar van to a 1980- 1983 5cyl. diesel, hook-up the Ford overdrive tranny with a 4.90 or thereabouts diferential.
This discussion has been closed.