Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Extended warranty 2006 WRX 38K miles.

rsuryasersuryase Posts: 3
edited March 2014 in Subaru
I'm looking at an automatic 2006 WRX with 38K miles. It's out of basic warranty, do you think it's a good idea to purchase the 4yr Added Security extended warranty for $1700? I only drive 8000 miles a year. In 4 yrs, I would only have driven 32K miles, is it worth throwing in an extra $1700 given such a low mileage coverage. I hear Subaru OEM parts are very expensive, if this is true then maybe I should get it.

Comments

• cptpltcptplt Posts: 1,075
    I don't think you can buy a Subaru ext warranty if you are over 36K miles, maybe an aftermarket one. FWIW I have an 02 and I have only 41K on it and I am close to breaking even on my ext warranty already. were you thinking of getting the 7 yr/100K warranty?
    for some reason this is the Subaru I put least miles on of any I have had (and I am on my 6th) and it has had more warranty work than any other,( including ones with 130K!). maybe it needs to be driven more! :-)
  • rsuryasersuryase Posts: 3
    Actually you can but only the Classic and Powertrain plans, not the Gold Plus. It is still Subaru Added Security. I was thinking of getting the 4yr/48K miles extended warranty which is the longest period I can have for the car I'm buying. With taxes, it's comes to about $2000. I was thinking of forgoing it since I drive so little.
  • Don't waste your money. I can just about promise you Subaru will deny any claim. Especially if it is powertrain related. Be careful !!
  • cptpltcptplt Posts: 1,075
    nice blanket statement which does not jive with my experience, oil leaks replaced on a 98 Legacy and leaking fuel line, clutch and ball joint on an 02 WRX both under factory 5/60 powertrain warranty or SOA Gold warranty.
This discussion has been closed.