Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

08 Impreza Interior Quality?

yuryyury Posts: 146
edited March 2014 in Subaru
Hi All

I am thinking about bying a 08 Impreza hatchback (WRX base trim).
I am very sevsitive to interiour assembly quality, i.e. rattles, pops, squeaks and such.
How are those cars in that respect? I have driven one and it seemed ok, but I've been there before with my gen 7 accord, it seemed fine at first but then I put it to daily use a large number of imperfections came out. I want to avoid this kind of disapointment.

Any input is appreciated.

Comments

• paisanpaisan Posts: 21,181
    I'd suggest building your own car, because almost all cars these days *could* have issues down the line. Even the best MB and BMWs sometimes exhibit issues down the road.

In all seriousness though, the build quality is far superior to the pre-08s but I'm not sure it's up to your stds.

-mike
  • yuryyury Posts: 146
    Mike

Of course, there's no ideally built car, but nonetheless some are worse some are better.

Perhaps there should be a point of reference. I owned a 05 Vibe that was good, a 03 Ranger pickup, also very good. 07 Accord is a disappoitment (their owners might understand me :)). A rental 08 Sebring, while not a very good car overall, did not rattle of squeak once during our 2 week long vacation in San Fran area end of march this year.

• ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    It's luck of the draw.

My 98 Forester was quiet. My dad's Outback had squeeky brakes until I helped him replace the pads.
  • robm2robm2 Posts: 53
    Just bought an '08 Impreza 10 days ago. I am also sensitive to squeaks and rattles, but I'm happy to report there haven't been any, so far!

I bought a VW Jetta, 8 years ago, and I had it back in the shop twice, in the first month, to fix dashboard rattles. Drive me nuts! The Jetta was in the shop about every 3 months for every part breaking, but that's another story for another time.
  • yuryyury Posts: 146
    Good to hear, thanks!
This discussion has been closed.