Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

MB M Class Owners Maintenance and Repair

18910111214»

Comments

• lmg228lmg228 Member Posts: 1
    I JUST bought this ml 6 days ago, it only has 46k on it and it has twice now not started. It will start for about 1 second and stall out. I then get a "start error" msg on the odometer about 10 seconds after. I only have 1 key to the vehicle. I had it towed this evening to the dealership. I am wondering if anyone has had this problem. Does it sound like a bad key, a bad key sensor or something else?
  • dyoon001dyoon001 Member Posts: 1
    My daughter spilled some water in the back seat and within minutes the wipers went off (couldn't turn it off), the windows rolled down by themselves, and various warning signs came up on the dashboard (i.e. brake fuilds malfunction). And then, smoke started to rise from the passenger side seat. This all happened while driving. We are thankful nothing serious happened, but this is some serious event. There is an electrical system underneath the passenger side seat that controls the electrical system and then burned out. It cost an arm and a leg to fix it but MB won't take responsibility for it. The new 2012 ML has a better design that covers the electrical panel but the older models don't. I think this is a serious defect and MB should take some responsibilty. I would love to hear others for feedback or any similar experiences. Thanks.
  • jmenzjmenz Member Posts: 1
    I have a ML350 and my seat just started on fire. I went into the dealer and they said it would not be covered. have you heard of any other seat fires?
  • victoria33victoria33 Member Posts: 1
    I had the same problem and they change a computer censor I do not know the name but the benz mechanic diagnose it right away and no problem since then (4 months ago).
  • ak96ak96 Member Posts: 1
    I have a ML350 Bluetec, purchased May 2012. The Check Engine Light came on Aug 7. It was taken to the dealer Aug 8. They replaced a valve in the emission system. The Light stayed on. It has now been with the dealer 3 weeks. In the interim they replaced an engine "computer" (by that I will presume some electronics and a microprocessor ). The light still comes on, within a few minutes of being driven.

What is my recourse? Is there some office I can call at MBUSA (or somewhere else). Is this a lemon or is there something known going on.
  • neversummer78neversummer78 Member Posts: 1
    I purchased my 2012 ML350 Bluetec back in November 2011. After 2 weeks, the first problem I had was car was pulling to the right at highway speed. After left it with the dealer for about a week, they finally realized that it was bad tire which took them a few more days to get replacement. Next, I was having problem with car loosing power when driving over a long distance or for a few hours. There is no error message on the dashboard nor that the dealer can replicate. Anyway, I start documenting them on video using my phone. They finally acknowledge but still no solution for it. Along with the car loosing power, I was getting error with PRE-SAFE Inoperative error and Ad-Blue low level warning after roughly 3000 miles. Dealer was able to rectify problem with PRE-SAFE error and Ad-Blue, but they can never fix the problem with car loosing power. After roughly 5000 miles, I have to bring the car back in again for loosing power, but this time it comes with squeaking noise in the interior as if something is loose. It took dealer a week to finally fix the problem with squeaking noise and broke the front windshield in the process which they replaced. Anyway, problem with loosing power on long trip becomes more severe as the summer in progress. I will get stranded and having to shut the car down for 30 - 45 minutes to let it reset before continue driving. I was stranded on Grapevine while driving back from San Francisco to Los Angeles. The car could not pull itself up the hill, and freeway 5 was under construction without much service lane that I can pull out. I got lucky that I hit decline and got to pull out before big rig slam into my back. It will sporadically loose power on surface street too which almost landed me into a head on collision while trying to make left turn across on coming traffic because it will not move forward. I took it back into the dealer again, and they could not replicate and cannot fix the problem. Plus, they ding my car this time. I am glad that I was thorough before driving it off the service department. They agree to fix the ding for me because it was their fault. Anyway, I have reported all these problems to Mercedes USA with all the pictures and videos that I documented, but they did not review it and did not take it seriously. Currently, my car has roughly 7800 miles, and I might have to work with an attorney to get their attention.
  • fcubefcube Member Posts: 11
    Anyone figured out how to keep wipers from chattering? My 2012 ML 350 has had this problem since new. Dealer said that is just how they are, but did replace blades without improvement. The lower portion of the driver's blade carrier seems insufficiently sturdy to prevent chattering. Very annoying, especially on a $60k car. Otherwise nice vehicle.
  • tomshousetomshouse Member Posts: 1
    My 2012 ML 350 came with one cd track and I need to know how to download to my 10GB for additional cd's? We listen to cd's while traveling and it is very difficult changing one at a time.
    Thanks,
  • malikjb2malikjb2 Member Posts: 1
    I took my 2012 ml 350 for its first service (A) last week. The dealer told me that the tires need not be rotated or balanced for 20000 miles. The car has Dunlop tires. I could not find anything in the manual. Could please somebody verify it.
    Thanks
  • coastalnwcoastalnw Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for posting your experience. I just had the same thing happen. We spilled water in the rear foot area of our 2007 ML 350 and within minutes we heard a beep and rear windows rolled down by themselves and would not roll up message said brake wear, then 2 blocks later the engine stalled and got message of check brake fluid level and electrical smoke in the car. Luckily I was able to get off the highway safely. Had to be towed to repair. Mechanic is still looking at it, but so far has found completely burned window motor.