Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Intrigue Owners: Photo Gallery

Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
edited March 2014 in Oldsmobile
You cannot upload photos directly from your computer into a message within a discussion. Your photo must reside elsewhere. Some have used free photo hosting sites (www.picturetrail.com & www.zing.com/) to load their photos into a private folder and then post them within a message.

Here's how:

To get this:

Use this coding, but replace the ( and ) with < and >:

(img src="http://a332.g.akamai.net/7/332/936/0001/www.edmunds.com/pictures/82726.jpg")

Or: (img src="Photo URL address")

To make your photo a link like this:

do this:

(a href="Page URL address")(img src="Photo URL address")(/a)

Remember, posting copyrighted photos is a no-no. Unless, of course, you own the copyright.

Hope this helps!

KarenS
Host
Owner's Club

Comments

• vcjumpervcjumper Member Posts: 1,110
    Well I thought I'd be the first to try posting a pic to some cars so here goes nothing.

• jjpowell2jjpowell2 Member Posts: 91
    We don't need to post a personal pic as the silver one that Olds uses is just what we have! The only difference may be that we have the polished wheels. We'll be adding a pinstripe just to make it a bit different from the rest.
  • Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    First open your account with your photo on Zing. Point the cursor over your picture and right click. Choose "Copy Image Location". Then open this discussion. In the text box, right click and choose "paste". This is the URL location of your picture. Now include the html code. It should look like this:

img src="URL Photo Location"

Now put < in front and > at the end of the line. Post your message and your photo should appear on the message board.

If you still have trouble....let me know.

KarenS
    Host
    Owner's Clubs
  • oscarz2oscarz2 Member Posts: 153
  • b4zb4z Member Posts: 3,372
    oscaarz: I think you invented a new intrigue color. I like it.
    I didn't realize that by deleting the photo at photopoint, it would delete it here. Still learning here.
    A pic of the $20 GM STB installed in the rear.. please excuse the wiring mess as I had to relocate the amplifier to fit in the STB.

• intrigueingintrigueing Member Posts: 7
    Where did you get the STB for that cheap and did you notice any difference in handling?
    GM sells the bar.. The part number is 1245-6148. Order it at any dealer parts dept. Make sure you ream the holes wider a tiny bit (you'll see when you try to put them on, and realize if you use the same one in front you will have to drill holes in your strut towers.

I noticed a slightly stiffer chasis in back after I put the bar on. Combined with the Michelin Pilots I have and hopefully soon a front STB, the handling is definitely improved over stock.
    Thanks for the response. What year Intrigue do you own (3.5L or 3.8L)? Was the rear STB a direct bolt on, or did you have to drill some holes? http://www.grandprixstore.com/ has the front stb that bolts on directly for 129.99. I am also planning on getting the Energy Suspension Polyurethane Sway Bar Bushings and end link kit (the best bang for the buck suspension upgrade for us intriguers). Have you done any other perf mods? (check out my intake under the accesories and mods section)
    For sure the aftermarket polyurethane sway bar bushings for the GP are not the same as the ones for the Intrigue, as the Intrigue has thicker sway bars and they are diameter specific.

The rear STB was a direct bolt on. The holes on the bar itself have to be filed wider a bit (we are talking milimetres) to get them over the existing bolts on the strut towers. I'm not 100% sure the front STB for the GP will fit an Intrigue perfectly.. I have a 99 3.5L, perhaps the 3.8L intrigues have the coolant bottle in a different spot.

Haven't dont any other performance mods, waiting till the car is paid off!
    We are lucky to have bigger swaybars (I am planning on getting the polyurethane bushings at jegs). I had some guy try and race me in a Honda CR-V this morning. That was a laugh.
  • rickytbonerickytbone Member Posts: 3
    you guys and girls can see my ride if you want at www.cardomain.com and link to member pages.goto 1999 oldmobile intrigue mine is the one thats says hifonics powered.
    thanks for taking a look
  • javidoggjavidogg Member Posts: 366
    I found this Olds, Intrigue, with 20's, looking sweet.

A picture of the wheels

If I still had my Intrigue, I would of hooked it up like that.
  • american_idleamerican_idle Member Posts: 7
    imageBR
    That Intrigue look wierd, but thank goodness it's only a photoshop image,

How and why?

If you look on the top of the Intrigue starting by the front passenger door, the line there looks smooth and non-blury. As you go to the back of the car from the top, you can start to see the bluriness of the photoshop altered image. Also where the big gap is from the streched window looks odd un-even coloring there.

Peace.
  • american_idleamerican_idle Member Posts: 7
    It was PhotoSuite 4, actually. How you were able to see it at all is "intrigue-ing", since the free web photo hosting site VillagePhotos.com dropped the free part for outside linking about two days after I posted it, so a little X box is all that's been showing since late December. I'm thinking that you viewed the the source document for this page to find the link's URL, then went to VP to see what the hell I was talking about.
    For anyone who cares, this is the rarity in question:
  • dekesterdekester Member Posts: 322
    Just got the windows tinted and I think it really enhances the looks of the car.

This discussion has been closed.