Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Honda Odyssey Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• hondaphanhondaphan Member Posts: 35
    The honda dealer in Beaverton has a TON of 2008 Honda EX in various flavors, according to Autotrader. More than 20 last time I checked. Have you tried to deal with them on an EX-L NAVI+RES?
  • wingnut330wingnut330 Member Posts: 9
    2006 Touring / Black with Tan Leather, NAVI, RES, 35,000 miles just off of a Honda lease and has brand new Michelin tires. $20,000 + tax.
    You don't want a touring with PAX. The PAX tires are an EXPENSIVE NIGHTMARE. Replacement is more frequent than regular tires, too. I'm pretty sure you can't even change over to regular tires on a PAX Odyssey. Stay away.
  • yak33yak33 Member Posts: 14
    Here's the link.

www.realcartips.com/2008-Honda-Odyssey-Prices

I found this website and the Real Car Tips website by far the most useful in determining a buy offer. My posting is the Nov 8th one for 2008 Odysseys.

Real Car Tips gives you a real simple snapshot of real world pricing. Great ammo for your local dealer. And no, I have no affiliation with Real Car Tips.

yak33
    Yeah, I go there as well, but the data is thin and the dialogue with the posters is not there. I prefer the real-world back and forth here. Looks like $30,200 is the best OTD for 2008 Odyssey EX-L with navi+DVD in CA, but that was almost a month ago, and I would think dealers are more desperate to move 2008's now.
  • bigdadi118bigdadi118 Member Posts: 1,207
    http://www.realcartips.com/articles/carbuying/how-to-buy-a-new-car.html

They do have a good thorough post on How To Buy A Car For The Lowest Price.
    It is just like the Donkey Punch method but more detailed ...
  • bimbimbimbim Member Posts: 3
    Bay Area out of 2008 Odyssey? I've checked a couple of dealers and they only have 2009.
    bimbim - below are some Honda dealers with web address in Bay area

Honda of Oakland
    3330 Broadway
    Oakland, CA 94611
    hondaoakland.com‎
    San Francisco Honda‎
    10 South Van Ness Blvd.
    San Francisco, CA 94103
    sfhonda.com‎
    Honda of Serramonte
    485 Serramonte Blvd
    Colma, CA 94014
    hondaofserramonte.com‎
    Honda of El Cerrito‎
    11755 San Pablo Ave
    El Cerrito, CA 94530
    hondaelcerrito.com‎
    Grace Honda‎
    345 El Camino Real
    San Bruno, CA 94066
    grace-honda.com‎
    San Leandro Honda
    1302 Marina Blvd
    San Leandro, CA 94577
    slhonda.com‎
    San Francisco Honda's Marina Service Center
    2098 Lombard St
    San Francisco, CA 94123
    sfhonda.com‎
    Mike Harvey Honda‎
    200 California Dr
    Burlingame, CA 94010
    mikeharveyhonda.com‎
    Berkeley Honda
    2600 Shattuck Ave
    Berkeley, CA 94704
    berkeleyhonda.com‎
  • yak33yak33 Member Posts: 14
    Hansel Honda has three new 2008 EXL's.

yak33
  • socalvanmansocalvanman Member Posts: 1
    Just purchased in so. cal for $27,200 + tax & license. $29,811 out the door. Came with two dealer installed 'options'... wheel locks & mud flaps. Color: Tafetta/Ivory.

Another dealership offered $27,000, but it wasn't the color I was looking for.

I probably could have gotten a slightly better deal, but it seems like the '08's are in short supply, from what I could tell.

:)
  • trumpetman1trumpetman1 Member Posts: 9
    I've been putting out bids via e-mail to dealers in the Seattle area for a 2008 EX-L with no options. The best price so far is $26,302 before tax and license, though I've only heard from 3 out of the 13 dealers I contacted. Does anybody have any thoughts on the price?
    Try offer 25,500 for 08 EXL no options
    Thank you for the suggestion. I actually have received a bid of $25,800 so far with only about 5 of 13 dealers who I contacted actually responding. $25,500 is probably do-able. How did you come up with $25,500?
  • dannyledannyle Member Posts: 43
    Any recently bought in Las Vegas ?

I am currently looking for a EX-L RES/NAV.

Please hellp
    One of the vegas dealers has a TON of 2008 EX-L units in various configurations. I wish I lived closer and I'd try them, too. Check autotrader.com, then email them for a quote.
    I saw great deals of EXL were ranged 25 to 25.5K for the couple months in this Ody forum. If they can make it why not you.
  • tonkatsutonkatsu Member Posts: 2
    Hi guys,

I am getting a quote of $28950 +TTL for the 08 EXL with RES and NAV. I'd appreciate any input! What do u guys think of the price? Thanks!
    I would try to squeeze another 500 to $28450 + TTL ...
  • tonkatsutonkatsu Member Posts: 2
    Thanks! I'll see what I can do and post the results!
  • MollyMaguireMollyMaguire Member Posts: 3
    I just emailed for bids in the same area (Puget Sound/Seattle) yesterday for an '08 EX-L w/ NAVI &DVD. Of 9 dealers contacted, 2 gave firm bids, 3 responded that they had no such units in stock (and weren't interested in dealer trading), 2 refused to give a bid by email (insisting I come into the dealership instead), and 2 didn't respond at all. There are almost no NAVI units left in stock hereabouts -- although there are still many dozens of LX, EX and EX-L units in inventories.

The best offer received was for $29,790 (inc. $670 shipping), plus about $500 in accessories (mud flaps, door and fender guards, wheel locks), and standard tax/title/doc fees. This bid is almost $6,700 under original MSRP and $3,300 under original invoice. Honda Finance is still giving dealers $3,500 off invoice costs for unsold '08s until Jan 5 '09, and also offering low finance terms (1.9% for 36 mo, 3.9% for 36-60 mo).
  • hopeful6hopeful6 Member Posts: 1
    No. It is not a good price for 2008 considering the Honda rebate to the dealer and the hold back. I just bought one at $ 31750 destination charge included. Obvious that is way under invoice. But the problem, I really have to search very hard for this one since by now most dealership in the east coast are practically sold out of the model that you and I want. You have to search for overstocked dealership. Try Overstock.com. In general, the selling price including destination charge is definitely below $ 35,000 for a Touring model around our area.
    Hi Molly,

I have been doing the same thing with the internet bids except that I'm interested the 2008 EX-L w/o any extras. I've also had the same experience regarding replys. The best bid I have received so far was from the internet sales person at Northwest Honda in Bellingham. Unfortunately, her bid was still too high particularly given the driving distance. If she drops the price I would likely purchase from here since she has been the most professional.

I would appreciate knowing how things go and who gives you the best deal.
  • arvai2arvai2 Member Posts: 7
    I think that is a very solid price and would jump on it (I bought a similar van Nov 1st for $29,100). I doubt they are going to bend much more than that.
  • mplshondadlrmplshondadlr Member Posts: 409
    As you can see supply is near zero. As they supply goes down, the price goes up. :)
    Hi Molly,

I wouldn't take the comment from mpslhondadlr re: Price going up as supply goes down. This person has conveniently forgotten the "demand" part of the equation, which iat the moment is in incredibly short supply. It's a buyers market for sure and don't let any dealer tell you otherwise. Every day the inventory sits on the lot costs them money. Now that the 2009 Odysseys are showing up the 2008s are a definite problem. Anybody that says otherwise has some serious denial issues going on.
  • mplshondadlrmplshondadlr Member Posts: 409
    HAHAHA! So lets see, there are zero 2008 EXL and above trim-levels in Minnesota (the whole state). But guss what, people are still looking for them. Simply because people can still save over 3000 from an '09.

To address this need, we bought 20 of them from various parts of the country. We own them for about $600.00 more then net (due to shipping). But rather then give up holdback and and all of the DEALER CASH, we're selling them for $2300.00 under invoice. We've had them in-stock for less then a week and we've sold more then half of them. It's still a fair deal for the consumer and the dealer.

Or Molly, you could simply wait until all of the remaing 2008's are gone and then pay thousands more for a 2009.
    HAHAHA!

And why were they buying them from "various parts of the country"? Answer: The dealers holding them were unable to sell them. That tells it all.
  • BCWalker13BCWalker13 Member Posts: 3
    We've got an offer for a 2008 EX-L with RES and NAV for $29,800 out the door including TTL. I'm not sure we can do much better than that but let me know if anyone disagrees.
  • carmensfcarmensf Member Posts: 6
    I just saw your posting about an 08 w/Res and Nav for $29,800 --what part of the country are you in?
  • BCWalker13BCWalker13 Member Posts: 3
    Charlotte, NC.
  • davidingilbertdavidingilbert Member Posts: 53
    Hey guys.
    I am in a situation and need your help.
    I have put an email to several dealerships for a 2009 Odyssey EX-L.
    1 has come back 5% higher, but 2 are at the same exact price.
    When I inquired about doing better at one dealership, he broke down the invoice, destination, etc and it equaled the price I got.

Any suggestions on how to get these guys to do better on the pricing.
    What I got from 2 of them was:
    $29,944 - invoice
    670 - Destination
    300 - in "Ad Fees" (My wife thinks that is a so/so charge)
    $30914 - Total

OTD from this dealership would be $34,498.20
    Tax - 8.3%
    Plates - $578
    Doc Fee - $395

The $29,944 is the invoice according to KBB and Edmunds.
    Any suggestions?

Thanks.
    Dave
  • acurabuyer1acurabuyer1 Member Posts: 45
    Hi Folks

I have been quoted 31400 before TTL on a 2009 EX-L with RES in CA. Is this a good price?

Any suggestions on what is the best price?

Thanks
  • NJ2009OdNJ2009Od Member Posts: 1
    I've got quotes in NJ for a 2009 EX-L with RES and NAV to buy ranging from $32,641 to $34,440 all in except for 7% NJ sales taxes.

That seems to be the cheapest I can get and the dealers are all in a pretty tight range and are not willing to go any lower.

Will be doing the Honda 1.9% 3 year financing on it.
  • wisngamecockwisngamecock Member Posts: 52
    Take a look at dealer inventories and you will see while 2008 numbers are shrinking, they are bursting at the seams with 2009's. Even the civics are now stacking up on lots since gas prices have dropped. Honda will be bringing out new incentives on the 2009's soon. Then you will get a good price on a 2009 EXL.
  • mom2cassemmom2cassem Member Posts: 4
    I have a online quote for a 2008 Honda Touring with all the extras (nav, heated leather seats, DVD, Backup Camera) for $33,900. Do you think that we can talk them down anymore? What would you think a good deal would be. Oh and we are in WA State.

Thanks!
    Here is my advice:

Thank them very much for the quote, but that they will need to better. That given the economy, $33,900 feels a whole lot better in your bank than a new van. Then give them a deadline and wait. Time is on your side and all of the "low hanging fruit" for these guys is long gone. By they way, which dealership are you working with and are you happy with the way they have been responding to you?
  • bibbabibba Member Posts: 6
    What's amazing me is the price difference in different parts of the country. About 3-4 weeks ago, I purchased a 2008 ex-l Odyssey for $25,000 even which included the extras of all season mats and the cargo tray, neither of which are cheap. The only other charges (other than unavoidable state specific taxes and fees) was the "documentation fee" which was just shy of $300. I also purchased the 8 year 100k mile extended warranty online for $1100.
    I'm seeing best price quotes here for thousands more than what I paid. It almost makes sense with gas prices down to make a vacation out of it, buy the car in Boston (my area), and drive it home. How can there be such a ridiculous disparity in regional prices? Can regional supply and demand really account for thousands?
  • aps4aps4 Member Posts: 3
    Hi,

I am inthe market for 08 EX-L. If it is not too much to ask, could you tell me from which dealership you bought this and who should I contact there

Thanks in advance
  • angel_GoGatorsangel_GoGators Member Posts: 1
    around 19K plus TTL. the out the door price is 20500.
    plus the manufacturer's 1.9% promo APR for 36 month. down pay $4100.
    I don't know whether it's a good deal but personally I'm satisfied with the price.
    The only problem is that the NEW car already has 766 miles on odometer...I don't know how much depreciation should be on this...
    btw. I got the vehicle in Wesley Chapel Honda, near Tampa, FL.
    anyway we got our new car :):):)
    aps4

Pls shoot me email ur798 *at* yahoo *dot* com
  • greenehorngreenehorn Member Posts: 1
    Thanks to everyone here for their help and opinions. Doing my part to give back to the community, here are my details. In the Houston area, there are still a few handfuls of 2008s. I wanted an EX-L RES and didn't care much about color. We went in assuming we would get a 2009, but 5-6k off for an 08 just made too much sense. I probably could have done a little better, but I don't feel too bad about my deal. I'd welcome any thoughts.

2008 Odyssey EX-L RES
    Dark Cherry Pearl
    6 miles on odometer (was on the lot for 200+ days)
    Only dealer add-ons were tint, pin striping, and mud flaps.

$27,400
    plus TTL, destination, and "fees"
    $29,360 OTD

I chose the 3.9% for 60 months at Gillman Honda SW in Houston.
  • tinamargaritatinamargarita Member Posts: 1
    Hi. Could you tell me the name of the dealership. I live in Southern Ca and the best price that I am getting for an LX is $24707+fees. What is the name of the dealer that you are dealing with??

Thanks,
    Tina
  • erick830erick830 Member Posts: 16
    heh
    i bought my 2009 EXL with RES at hopkins honda in fairfield, ca for 31,000 before TTL. avery honda in vallejo, ca also may offer lower they kept calling me telling me they could offer a lower price but i preety much sealed the deal at hopkins

good luck
  • erick830erick830 Member Posts: 16
    heh

i am from the bay area i bought my EXL with RES fro 31,000 before TTL hopkins honda in fairfield, ca. talked to edgar garcia the internet manager

good luck
  • acurabuyer1acurabuyer1 Member Posts: 45
    Hi

Thanks for sharing the info. The lowest that I have been quoted by one dealer is 31400 but then it somehow jumped back to 31900.
  • bibbabibba Member Posts: 6
    Not too much to ask at all. My personal strategy was just to e-mail the area dealerships directly from their individual web sites. I then responded to each saying something to the effect of "never mind, I got a significantly better offer from another dealership". It was always honest.They are hungry and don't want to let the potential sale go. Each time they came back with a lower offer to beat the others. I kept the contact via e-mail only. I then took what I thought was my best e-mail offer to herb chambers in Boston and negotiated from there in the knowledge that I had the internet offer to fall back on. I went in there ready to walk out. We initially worked with Lynda Johnson via e-mail from the internet division who was wonderful. We were passed on to Keith (can't remember the last name) who finalized the deal with the last negotiations. Keep this thread posted with what you end up with. At the time, they told us there were only 2 of the 2008's left in their inventory.
  • ktwerpktwerp Member Posts: 1
    Just bought for $25,995 +TTL for an OTD price of $27,380.55.

Will say that Trade-In values from Edmunds, NADA & CarsDirect were high and that Kelley BB was $750 below so figure some average on them. But don't expect top $$ on a trade in from dealers.
  • nobodyyouknownobodyyouknow Member Posts: 21
    Here are the numbers of days inventory (both '08 & 09 data). It really shows that we may be seeing some more agressive incentives soon:

September 1 - 57 days
    October 1 - 71 (32000 vans available)
    November 1 - 97 (33000 vans available)
    December 1 - 113 (33000 vans available)

In plain english this means that a dealer could go 113 days before he runs out of Odysseys (between what he has in inventory and what's on its way).

The reason that the total number of vans hasn't changed is because the sales RATE has dropped.
  • Quint84Quint84 Member Posts: 4
    Here are some numbers:

Honda Odyssey sales - November 2007 - 13,421
    November 2008 - 7,294

Down 45.7%

The lowest price I've seen is for $3,488 below invoice in Walnut Creek, CA.
  • iglightiglight Member Posts: 15
    I am on the Eastern seaboard - NY/NJ/CT area. I got 2 quotes on a Touring '08 - 32'700 and 32'850, the second one covering all the dealer's fees before registration (this would be an out of state purchase). I am still hoping to get a better deal, though. ;)