Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier Honda Odyssey Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    odyssey8odyssey8 Member Posts: 5
    thank you Tony, appreciated
  • Options
    bigguynybigguyny Member Posts: 8
    I am looking to lease a 2009 Odyssey EXL with NAVI & RES. Does anyone have someone they have delt with in the past in the NYC area. Thanks in advance.
  • Options
    595express595express Member Posts: 4
    Drove home the 2009 Odyssey EX today, $25924 OTD price, in SFL. I figure this is the best I can do.
  • Options
    i am in the SF bay area and looking for the Odyssey EX-L with RES and NAVI
    the MSRP is $37525, the best quote i have is $31000 ( destination included)

anyone get better than this, please share

much appreciated
  • Options
    mattyianmattyian Member Posts: 1
    $34751.75 plus tax and license. (This price includes the destination fee). I am in the Bay Area. Is this any good?
  • Options
    i dont think this is good
    if EXL-RES-NAVI can get $6500 OFF MSRP
    I expect touring to get more than $6500 off MSRP
  • Options
    rippedoff9rippedoff9 Member Posts: 2
    I bought a 2009 odysses EXL base model (no nav,no dvd) Last May 13,2009 at honda Brandon,FL OTD $33,135.88 (with $1366 extended waranty).Took the 3.9% for 60 months at $608.75 per month.Upon reading this forum,i realized that i paid too much, I call the agent who quoted us and he said that he will match any deal as long as i could present a receipt from previous sales for the 09 EXL Odysses.He added that this is so far the lowest deal he can give ,and its a steal.Please help me out,i would appreciate it very much if you could send me even a copy of the sales receipt for the best deal so far out here.
  • Options
    bigdadi118bigdadi118 Member Posts: 1,207
    you price re EXL should be around 27,800 (incl dest chg) before dealer's doc fee, options and TT&L. Please list yours.
  • Options
    cc8cc8 Member Posts: 8
    I hope the dealer honors his/her word regarding price matching. This is a tough situation since you've already bought the car - the dealer has zero incentive to price match.

FWIW, I bought an EXL + DVD + Navi on Friday (took delivery Saturday) for $30,888 (price before trade in). Traded in my car for $5K so overall, thought we got a really good deal.

Hope you get what you want.
  • Options
    bornintxbornintx Member Posts: 2
    Hey andy_edmunds,

May I ask where in TX you got the $27,500 on the EX-L (no navi/res)? I am getting $28,800 in the San Antonio area, but I've just started requesting quotes...

• Options
    rippedoff9rippedoff9 Member Posts: 2
    $28,853 My price for the EXL (inc dest chg).
  • Options
    cc8cc8 Member Posts: 8
    You might be able to shave off a little more - to $30,888 - at Stevens Creek Honda.
  • Options
    carbuyernjcarbuyernj Member Posts: 1
    Do you mind e-mailing me the dealer and salesperson information for the 2009 odyssey EX-L that you purchased? Great price!
    (njtarheel@gmail.com)
  • Options
    badtaamiz_2000badtaamiz_2000 Member Posts: 24
    All,

i read this articale today and it is great new car buyers who are in market. Read it and follow it.

http://redtape.msnbc.com/2009/03/how-to-save-m-1.html#posts''

thanks
  • Options
    so it is 1,000 higher than the best deal here. It depends on regional locations and where the dealer is high volume dealer that can get step-stairs extra incentives per vehicle. This explains the cost of small dealers (-100/mo) are higher than the cost high volume dealers (800/mo).

• Options
    Here is a list of things consumers can do that will help avoid buying a flood-damaged vehicle unknowingly:

Inspect: Check the trunk, glove compartment, the dashboard, and below the seats for water damage such as silt, mud, or rust.

Examine: Examine the interior closely, make sure that the upholstery and carpeting matches and fits tight, if it doesn’t this could be a sign that it has been replaced. Also check for discoloring, faded or stained material, which also could be a sign of serious water damage.

Turn-on: Turn the ignition key and make sure that the warning, accessory lights, and gauges come on and are working properly.

Test: Test all the interior and exterior lights, windshield wipers, turn signals, stereo, windows, mirrors, and seats. Also check to see if both the heater and air conditioner works. It might be wise to check for musty odors while the air conditioner is on.

Visit: Have the vehicle inspected by a trusted mechanic. Always get the vehicle inspected BEFORE handling any money. Most reputable dealers will let consumers have an independent mechanic inspect the vehicle BEFORE purchase.

Ask: Ask to see a detailed vehicle history report. The report can reveal hidden problems from a vehicle’s past. If the seller does not offer a report, use the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) to check the vehicle’s history at www.carfax.com.

Note: CarFax.com www.CarFax.com/flood and the National Insurance Crime Bureau www.nicb.org are offering FREE VIN reports, limited to information on flood damage.
  • Options
    HOdysyhunterHOdysyhunter Member Posts: 38
    First of all, Thanks a ton to all who shared and sharing their buying experiences in this forum These are very helpful to buyers like me.

After many months of research, today I have pulled my trigger and bought the EXL (no navy and no res) for OTD at 30,500 in Seattle, WA and here the tax is 9,8% (high compared to many other states) and they have given me 7 year/100000Mile Power Train Warranty.

The experience is very smooth. Today I went with my wife and 2 kids just to enquire about Memorial day incentives and finally ended up buying this. The van is not yet arrived and it is coming on Wednesday(hopefully). The sales man is very helpful and did not push anything extra. If anyone is interested pl. shoot me an email at krushi@gmail.com and i will pass on the sales man and dealership details.

I hope I got the good deal.

Thanks,
  • Options
    odynubyodynuby Member Posts: 7
    Anyone? I'm was about to pull the trigger on this deal but now I'm thinking twice. I was quoted 29650 plus TTL (in Louisiana) for EX-L with RES. Is this a fair deal????
  • Options
    odymaodyma Member Posts: 1
    Hey, we just got 2009 Honda odyssey EX-L RES, Slate Green color for $28,750 here in Northern California. Itz the best price we got after talking to 12 different dealers and it was a killer deal. They had some manufacturer's rebate which got the pricing from $34,000 to $28,750. Bargain with ur dealer and good luck!!!
  • Options
    odynubyodynuby Member Posts: 7
    Maybe I gleamed too soon. They added $3000 in saving for services and inspection stickers as a free promo, but did not mentioned anything about $2500 marketing support (manufacturer to dealer). I guess they don't want to pass on.
  • Options
    cshondacshonda Member Posts: 12
    Got one this month also in SFL after visiting several dealers and came in just under $26k otd also. Got that offer at Coral Springs and Sherwood, but Coral Springs was slimey, so I went with the latter.
  • Options
    djocks123djocks123 Member Posts: 4
    Can anyone make a legit case for buying the Touring over the EX-L RES?

Does anyone anticipate these deals continuing into June. I will be in position to buy mid-june and love the pricing that I am hearing in here.

Thanks
  • Options
    oneputzoneputz Member Posts: 6
    We live in the Bay Area and are also looking for a EX-L RES and the best that we could come up with is $29,070. Can you email me the dealers name and a copy of their offer to gputvinATyahoodotcom Thanks
  • Options
    2002champs2002champs Member Posts: 11
    We went that thought process this weekend and decided to go with the Touring. Here are the 3 major advantages that we saw (that may not apply to you):

1. Seat Memory for driver seat...I'm 6-3, my wife is 5-5. I cannot stand it when she drives my car that does not have seat memory and leaves it in her position where I can barely get in the seat to push it back. With the Touring, we are able to memorize both of our seat positions, push a button and it is back to where each of us wants it. If you are single or of similar height, this would not be important, but it is for us.

2. Parking sensors...it is a big minivan and its front and rear end are not easy to tell from the driver's seat. We have a tight garage space and sometimes have to parallel park it on streets. The sensors are a great way to avoid the little dings and scrapes that will wind up costing a lot to repair later.

3. Premium stereo...again, a personal preference, but again it is big van and having the more powerful stereo with a subwoofer fills up the van from front to back. The other stereo is modest at best.

Of course the Navigation is standard on the Touring where it is an option on lesser models.

So it comes down to what you are willing to pay. If we had to pay the $41K MSRP, we might have passed on the Touring. But we found several dealers in the LA area who were willing to sell it to us for $34,500 plus TTL, so we opted for the extras.

We kept our first Odyssey for 10 years and so we will on this one too, so I am sure we will be glad we went for the higher end.
  • Options
    tpavantpavan Member Posts: 12
    Hello cshonda

Good work. Please share your breakdown and final OTD [with any accessories].

Thanks.
  • Options
    I contacted over a dozen dealers in Southern California and the best price I got was $34,500, so your offer was very close to what we bought at. The key for us was searching the online inventory at many dealers and finding ones who had lots of Touring editions listed. The dealers with only a few would quote $36K or higher. The one we bought from had 10 or so on the lot and some in multiples of the same color. So they were willing to deal. Good luck.
  • Options
    strudnowskistrudnowski Member Posts: 1
    I'm about to buy a 2009 Odyssey with NAV/RES for 31,900 not including TTL or delivery. We have a 2008 Ford Escape that the dealer will give us $14,000 for. Is this a deal or not? They are saying we will get an additional tax credit of $840 on the Ford. Sales tax in PA is 6%
  • Options
    mynuacctmynuacct Member Posts: 21
    The price is about 2k higher than what you can get from MD dealers. I am not sure how far you are from MD but you can look at my earlier postings to get dealer names and then ask your dealers to match that price.
  • Options
    ashu010ashu010 Member Posts: 3
    I am looking to buy 2009 Honda Ody EX model in south Jersey/Philadelphia area. The best quote I have so far is $24200 base price +TTD (about $26200 OTD). Can you tell if this is a fair price? Has anyone purchased this model recently? Please provide the base price as TTD may vary by region and skew the OTD price.

Thanks in advance for your response. I am looking to finalize this by month end.
  • Options
    lyaolyao Member Posts: 71
    Hi,

We just purchased the 2009 Odyssey EXL RN few weeks ago. When purchased, we financed thru American Honda for 3 years with 2.9%. The total loan amount included everything, plus added options and extended warranty program. 5 days later, we backup the extended warranty contract with the dealership (cost $260 more than online pricing).

Question: We don't know how this works? The dealership is telling us that it needs up to 60 days to process this refund. Does this means we need to pay for up to 2 months of interest for just backing up the extended warranty contract? :confuse:

We would appreciated in advance for your help on suggestions and answers.
  • Options
    mkn4mkn4 Member Posts: 2
    I am in MD. Can you please let me know the dealer/sales reps information who gave you $23,365 including destination. for EX..? I will buy in heartbeat.

I am having hard time matching the prev. MD poster of 23,561......

Please post or send info at sar_somu at yahoo dot com
  • Options
    djocks123djocks123 Member Posts: 4
    Thanks for the input. The nav does nothing for me but I definitely hear you on the stereo. what type of mileage have you experienced. Unfortunately I have a little commute and my wife is in a SUV with terrible MPG's
  • Options
    kcatkcat Member Posts: 3
    I was quoted $24,392 + TTL for a 2009 Honda Ody EX in the Houston area. The price includes a "free" lifetime powertrain warranty, but I don't know how much value to place on that.
  • Options
    jeremyazjeremyaz Member Posts: 39
    Even as I write this, my Odyssey EXL is undergoing a good "pimping" at my local Auto A/V Installers shop. I went with the EXL because of the following:

1. Price. EXL deal I got was about $26,300. Touring would always be $6,000 more.
    2. I'm having a Kenwood DNX8120 installed up front which includes DVD player, Garmin NAV, Bluetooth, Ipod audio/video and more. $950 + Install ($200)
    3. Alpine 10.2 drop down tv installed in middle, controlled by the Kenwood or itself (I can choose). $550 + install ($200)
    4. Parking sensors for both FRONT AND REAR. $350 installed.

So for about $2250 I have everything in there that really want/need. Yeah, i don't have auto seat memory (wife drives it 99% of the time so I can manually move forward and back), auto headlights, mechanical gas/break foot pedal adjustment, 17" tires (I like those but not for $4000).

Besides, Garmin NAV updates are less expensive and I like having bluetooth to the front speakers while the rear speakers continue playing the kid's DVD's. I also installed Sirius radio instead of XM and my sound quality will be equal for both satellite and for radio--no turning up/down the dial when changing sources.

Just my .02 cents, but I can definitely understand just getting the touring and being done with it. I had some time and with a little effort am happy with my result.
  • Options
    You definitely saved lots of money by doing it your way, and obviously the manufacturers count on most of us being too lazy to do what you did. But like I said, what I went through on the pros/cons may be different than what others would consider.

I had seat memory on my Lexus for 15 years, then sold it and bought a Highlander that did not have it and I had no idea what a pain in the rear it is when 2 drivers 9" in height drive the same car on and off. So for me, that is a huge plus in the Touring.

And it depends on how aggressively the Honda dealer prices it to make it worthwhile. Some dealers in SoCal have few if any Touring left but are loaded with the lower cost models. I found a couple of dealers in lower income areas that had few low cost models but 10+ Touring, so they really wanted to move those this weekend. It definitely pays to do the online research of existing inventory.
  • Options
    freffref Member Posts: 4
    Jeremy,

I've seen your posts in this topic and see that you are in AZ - I wish I had seen them sooner as the deal you got in CA seems to be pretty good (although we purchased an EX).

Somewhat off-topic, can you share where you are having the dvd/monitor/parking sensors installed? If I recall from previous posts, you are in the Phoenix area. These are all items I am interested in adding to our EX and am looking to do it for as reasonable a price as possible. Perhaps this is information best shared off-forum; if so, let me know and I will get in touch with you via other methods.

Thanks,
    Greg
  • Options
    gl14534gl14534 Member Posts: 7
    Hi, I am in the market for an Odyssey EX-L or Odyssey EX-L/RES within driving distance of upstate NY (NY, Ohio, NJ, DC, MD, PA). If you have recently bought one at a good price in these areas, do you mind e-mailing me the dealer and salesperson information? Thanks!
    (peaceinjune@yahoo.com)
  • Options
    lyaolyao Member Posts: 71
    Hi Jeremyaz,

Do you mind to tell me where did you installed the parking sensors for both Front and rear for $350. Is that the color match backup sensors from Honda? I wish to get one with that!

Wow! I did not even realize the tech is great now for having the Kenwood DNX8120 for that cheap though.

Thanks!
  • Options
    dt2dt2 Member Posts: 1
    Jeremyaz,

I'm looking to purchase a very similar Odyssey either in AZ or SoCal (and possibly do some custom audio/video as well in AZ). I would appreciate hearing what dealer you worked with and recommendations regarding after-market equipment. I'm new to the forum and hoping to make a purchase within the next 2-3 days.

Thanks in advance.
  • Options
    azelizabethazelizabeth Member Posts: 11
    Does anyone know the redesign date of the odyssey? I have heard both 2010 and 2011?

Elizabeth
  • Options
    They did a fantastic job installing my audio/video and parking sensors. Creative Audio Werks in Phoenix. Email me at jerfrance at yahoo dot com and I will get you all of the information needed. I think I posted the prices for installation already. I can fill you (or anyone else) in with more details if you want...just send me an email and I'll elaborate.
    Jeremy
  • Options
    Lyao,
    Please email me to jerfrance at yahoo dot com and I will send you all the information that I have. Another forum member just closed on their Odyssey EXL no RES no NAV purchase today for $26,350! Beats AZ by almost $2k and then their doc fee is $350 less than AZ to boot!!!! Plus I can tell you what I know about audio/video which is good enough to get started--but I'm no expert.

BTW--someone else asked about the backup sensors. They are black so they matched my vehicle nicely as my minivan is Nighthawk Black. It will take a week or two before I can give my opinion of the sensors, but after driving it home they seem to look and work well. They were not Honda parts, some other brand--and has both sound and a neat little video display detailing the distance from objects (I think 2 or 3 feet and less).
  • Options
    dbtdbt Member Posts: 298
    Current expectation is for the 2011 model year (appearing sometime in calendar year 2010). However, this is subject to slip, as we have seen the Toyota Sienna slip one extra year (now MY2011 for Sienna).
  • Options
    ashu010ashu010 Member Posts: 3
    Can you provide the dealer name that gave you a quote of $23670? I am in south Jersey area and was about to pull the trigger on $24200 base price. Please post the dealer name or send an email to me at ashu010@yahoo.com

Thanks
  • Options
    rpr851rrpr851r Member Posts: 2
    Hello,
    I am looking to buy an EX-L. I am located directly between Philadelphia and Baltimore, MD and willing to drive that far to get a good deal. Anyone know of dealers in the Philly/Baltimore/Delaware areas matching prices ($25K to $26K) that have been reported in the forum?
    Thanks,
  • Options
    woz2000woz2000 Member Posts: 2
    Also looking to buy an EX-L. I live in the lower Westchester area and willing to drive about 1.5 hours each way to get a great deal. If anyone has any referrals for dealer, please PM or post. Thanks.
  • Options
    pp_ng2pp_ng2 Member Posts: 4
    $29,580 quote
    adding dest 670, doc fee 100, sales tax 1821, 2yr tag 289... .. final take home price is $32,565.

Any comments on how good this is?

Any suggestions on how I can negotiate to improve this deal? i.e. what I can possibly ask for.

Thank you.
  • Options
    erntrisherntrish Member Posts: 4
    Had a very pleasant experience buying from Freehold Honda on Rt 9 in NJ. Got a great quote from internet dept that required no haggling once we came in. Purchase/F&I process was smooth and not aggressive in the least.

Our price for EX-L with RES and NAV was 29,825 before 670 dest charge and TTL.

Freehold is about 35-40 mins away from Staten Island, and is right off the Garden State Pkwy, so relatively easy access from lower WC.
  • Options
    erntrisherntrish Member Posts: 4
    Tax and tags are linked to your geography, so you can't really negotiate those. Doc fee is quite low already. And your beginning quote is $245 less than mine was 2 weeks ago. Looks good to me...

Perhaps you can ask them to throw in scheduled maintenance? Mine was preloaded with wheel locks that weren't ever mentioned as a cost, but only shown to me at delivery, so I imagine they were thrown in.
  • Options
    ddnjddnj Member Posts: 1
    I got deal of $23,900 in North/Central NJ, they did not have my color on Monday, going to pick up on Friday. I believe you could get even 200 less then this. deal is including destination and doc fee is $199.