Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier Honda Odyssey Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    technoztechnoz Member Posts: 34
    Spreen Honda
  • Options
    techfutechfu Member Posts: 6
    Finally took the bullet and signed the dotted line. Here is the what I got

EX-L (no Nav/RES)
    Price paid: 26.5k
    Tax: 5%
    Doc Fee: $298 (I know I got dinged here :(, but couldnt pass on the over all deal)

Total OTD: $ 28,232
    Dealership: Boch Honda

I also got the 3.9% APR from Honda.

I was offered the extended warranty, but I declined. It was not tied with getting the lowest APR.

We are going to get the delivery tomorrow evening...overall I think we got a good deal. The sales manager even came by afterwards and said this was a dog deal, and they did only because it was end of the month. And the quotes (6-7) I was getting around New England area was $27k. Everyone was saying thats the lowest they could go, even a dollar less will be selling the car for loss.

The experience at the dealership (Boch Honda in Norwood) was very pleasant. They gave the price quote via email in the morning, ofcourse after taking $500 deposit :). We went there in the evening, the whole process went very smoothly, not too much of upsell or strong arm tactics. The only wait was trying to get the paperwork into their system. They were backlogged because of end-of-month sales.

Overall I think the following reasons helped secure the deal:
    - Great feedback on this forum
    - End of month
    - Big volume dealership. They said they have around 450 ody's in stock
    - 2010 models are right around the corner
    - Price-quote comparison and negotiating using that.
    - knowing the numbers and sticking to them

Thank you for all the great input for you all, it surely helped me get the best deal on this car.
    --T
  • Options
    expoguide1expoguide1 Member Posts: 16
    That is a great price! Will try and see if I can get that in MD!
  • Options
    In the MD area 30,249 + tax tags and 100 processing fee. No charge for Wheel locks, car does NOT have Pinstripe
  • Options
    kewl_carkewl_car Member Posts: 17
    Hi,
    I am interested in buying Honda Odyssey EXL with RES. Need help in getting the lowest price. First time buying a new car. Who has the lowest out the door price. All the help is kindly appreciated. I live in Northern Virginia near Tyson's Corner
    Thanks In Advance :)
  • Options
    rpr851rrpr851r Member Posts: 2
    Can you tell us which dealer in the MD area? Thanks.
  • Options
    bigdadi118bigdadi118 Member Posts: 1,207
    kewl car

The lowest reported below ref EXL, RES in Schaumburg Honda, Illinois (May 25, 2009)
    MSRP: $35,425
    PAID: $28,812
  • Options
    mgrant929mgrant929 Member Posts: 3
    If you don't mind, what dealer did you buy your 06 EX-L from?
  • Options
    chercherchercher Member Posts: 1
    Lyao, can you email me specifics of who you dealt with? I have heard good things about this dealership and would go to the same person if you had a good experience.
    Thanks!
    cherylpauls@hotmail.com
  • Options
    odynubyodynuby Member Posts: 7
    Swampfox28

I'm assuming your price is $30,400 OTD, right??? The internet quotes in southeast Louisiana ranged from $29,610 - $30,100 (included $670 delivery) plus TTL. When I purchased my Ody EX-L with RES, I didn't pay for the extras. I wanted a $30,000 OTD but received a big "NO, we can't do that." Also, all four dealers only had a total of 20 or less Ody's on the lot that ranged from the LX to the Touring, which may have played a role in price.

This was my experience. Hope this helps.
  • Options
    goucher3goucher3 Member Posts: 9
    hi

i live in Md. where did u get that price and do u have any idea how low i can go with a regular ex-l, w/o dvd/navi?

thanks
  • Options
    lyaolyao Member Posts: 71
    Hi expoguide1,

Are you sure this price is for EXL Touring without PAX?
    If so, congratulations! This is the best price I'd ever seen so far!
    Which dealer is this?
    Does this price included destination?
  • Options
    satbsatb Member Posts: 1
    I have been trying to get best sale price on EX-L with RES and NAV. The best I have got in Columbus Ohio is 30,578 $ (before Tax and title fees). Does anyone else in this forum have any thoughts on this Price? I am guessing the OTD will be close to 32,950$. I have seen in earlier notes that few of them have got the same vehicle for 31,800 OTD in Maryland. I am unable to find this deal in Columbus. appreciate any inputs. When will 2010 models get to market..will it bring down the price of 2009 immediately?
  • Options
    swampfox28swampfox28 Member Posts: 17
    Okay, here's what happened - I hope I explain it right and didn't screw up too badly!
    I'd REALLY like to say a BIG thank you to everyone that posts in this thread; your information and assistance was extremely helpful. Although I worry that I didn't do as well as I could/should have, I think all-in-all I did okay (PLEASE don't point out too harshly if I didn't - have mercy!!) :P

We got the 2009 Ody EX-L with RES, slate green, pinstripes (which I didn't care about), wheel locks (nice, I guess, but didn't ask for), mudguards (nice if they work!), and cargo mat (useful and I like it). Extras (pinstripes, wheel locks, and cargo mat = approx. $300 in value).

OTD price with destination + TTL (taxes are 8.5%/approx. $1475 and lisc. fee was approx. $225) = $32200. (If you subtract the TTL & dest., it was approx $29,930.

We went ahead and traded in our '05 Ody and got $11,200. It was in good working condition and had received all routine maintence,etc., but also had a deep 6 inch scratch on one door on the exterior and some"kid damage" on the interior (nothing TOO bad, but didn't look fabulous either.)

Total paid today, after trade-in and everything was $21,131. They are throwing in our first oil change AND, because I had to play "tag, you're it" with the salesman a bit (first we were going to meet yesterday, then today, but our schedules kept not aligning), he's going to fill up our tank again (which, surprisingly enough, is 2/3 empty since we drove off the lot with the van to "try it out" last Saturday.) Since I have to go back to bring him some paperwork for the 3rd time in 5 days, this makes me happy (free anything is good, though KUDOS to those of you that have gotten free lifetime oil changes, etc.!!)

Now I suppose I need to research Honda Extended warranties more (sigh!)

-Sarah
  • Options
    petepumapetepuma Member Posts: 5
    Just pulled the trigger on an EX-L no RES no NAV. $27,800, which I think is fair, but I think I took a bit of a lose on the trade. '99 Audi A6 Quattro, got $3000 for it, which I woulda taken on a private sale, so I'm happy I didn't have to go thru the hassle of selling it myself. I think a good win/win, I got the price I wanted & they made some $ & will make more off my trade-in.
  • Options
    No, this is NOT for a EXL touring without PAX, it is for an EXL with NAV and RES. Sorry for the confusion not sure how the price got associated with the Touring!
    Criswell dealership in Germantown.
  • Options
    decondecon Member Posts: 56
    For all who recently purchased, what gas mileage are you getting with the VCM?

I'm getting 16MPG (mixed city/highway), which sucks.
  • Options
    kewl_carkewl_car Member Posts: 17
    Is that OTD price?. If OTD then its a very good price. Thanks for replying to my post. :)
  • Options
    What gives?!

I've heard that many people get over 20 mixed city/hwy and have been getting as high as 26/27 hwy with VCM...

-Sarah
  • Options
    fillykonkfillykonk Member Posts: 17
    On a recent 800-mile trip we averaged 23.4 mpg in combination city/highway traffic. Our van is an 09 EX-L (RES, NAV) with about 1500 miles on the ODO at the time of the trip. I expect this to go up as we put more miles on it.
  • Options
    mynewodymynewody Member Posts: 1
    I have bought an EX-L w/RES (slate green metallic) for $28888 + TTL (OTD: $32216) on 05/27/09.

I have taken quotes from all around the bay area (about 12 dealers responded) and took the lowest quote to Hayward Honda who promised that he would beat it. He gave me free wheel locks as well. Thanks a lot for the people on this forum for the useful discussions that helped me in getting a good deal.
  • Options
    green2009green2009 Member Posts: 2
    what is the best price for honda odissy EXL with RES/ navigation system in houston area
  • Options
    kayfabe75kayfabe75 Member Posts: 10
    bali blue pearl/grey leather ex-l, 32000 OTD with extended warranty. maybe not the absolute lowest price but got a good rate so very happy overall.
  • Options
    rizvimdrizvimd Member Posts: 6
    33200 drive out for EXL-R&N.
  • Options
    sudebsudeb Member Posts: 2
    Hi,
    I am planning to buy a 2009 Honda Odyssey LX in San Francisco Bay area.
    Does anybody help me where can I get best price.
    Thanks for your help
  • Options
    car_shopper2car_shopper2 Member Posts: 3
    I am shopping for a 2009 Odyssey EX-L in the Baton Rouge, Louisiana area. We received our first negotiated offer of $29,990 plus TTL. Does that seem reasonable? This vehicle does NOT have RES or Nav.
    Any advice is greatly appreciated. :shades:
  • Options
    medmdmdmedmdmd Member Posts: 41
    That's a start but there are much better deals on this forum in other areas of the country.

Invoice - $2500 might be an initial target.

Depending on how much time and effort you can devote, you may be able to get even lower.
  • Options
    profplumprofplum Member Posts: 1
    Just got the same deal that familyguy9 posted back in the beginning of May.

09 Odyssey EX Slate Green w/Grey Interior 11miles on the van
    Base price: $23,161
    Destination: $670
    Tax: $1668
    Vehicle Admin. Fee: $195
    Total OTD: $26,044

Went last night, waiting for my approval on 3.9% to come through. Will pick it up this afternoon.

They had a few different colors in stock. Dealt with James Bourke in internet sales.
  • Options
    gobuckspngobuckspn Member Posts: 4
    Hello, we got our 09 Odyssey EX at OTD price $25,200 last weekend (tax rate 6.75%), financing 2.9% for 36 months. 9 miles when we test drive it. the price should be fair, but we forgot to ask for some freebies like, mud guard, wheel lock...
  • Options
    cshondacshonda Member Posts: 12
    did you have a trade in?
  • Options
    gobuckspngobuckspn Member Posts: 4
    Hi cshonda, no trade in this time, actually we do have a used car but we want to wait until the "cash for clunkers" bill passed.
  • Options
    I agree with the other response about invoice - $2500 as a good place to start.

We got an EX-L WITH RES (no Nav) in Lafayette at Moss Motors (VERY nice place to deal with IMO). As I said in other posts, we got the cargo mat, wheel locks, mud flaps, paint/fabric protection, and pinstriping also (all were on it already when we looked at it) and paid $30,200 before TT&L. Your quote is only $210 less and DOESN'T have the RES, so I'd keep looking/pricing.

Send e-mails to all the dealers in B.R., New Orleans, and even Lafayette perhaps? Tell them you want them to send you a price/number that intrigues you or you won't even come in to talk...

I agree with some advice I got from an article posted earlier in this thread - I wouldn't tell OTHER dealerships the specific quotes from one dealership, but you can use the quotes as a guideline for the dealer you may want to work with (unless they won't work with you). Also, check out IN-STOCK inventory as it's easier to deal when it's on the lot.

Good luck!

-Sarah
  • Options
    maggieraumaggierau Member Posts: 4
    Not sure how much of a deal we got, but I think it is a fair price.

White 09 Odyssey EX-L with RES
    2 Free Oil Changes
    Wheel Locks
    Cargo Mat
    protection Treatment on Inside and outside
    Mud Flaps

29000 including destination (+ TTL)
  • Options
    mcg44mcg44 Member Posts: 1
    hi, I agree. I just bought a 2009 honda odyssey ex-l with no nav and no dvd for 29k out the door, all-n, including ttl. nice work, i think it's a great price considering how much u get with the odysssey. power sliding doors, leather and moon roof, plus ipod connection is nice. loving the car so far. btw...for someone that knew nothing about xm radio before....loving it in the new odyssey...it's addictive. bought ipod connection cable on amazon Cables To Go 35508 4ft iPod-Compatible 3.5mm to Dock Connector Audio Cable....and Garmin nüvi 750 4.3-Inch for GPS. now just looking forward to next road trip!
  • Options
    venkat23venkat23 Member Posts: 5
    I am planning to buy a new Honda Odyssey and need you help.
    What would be the best OTD price for this in Chicago suburbs?

1 ) Odyssey EX-L with Res and Nav (OTD price)

2)Odyssey EX-L with Res (OTD price)
  • Options
    nposavernposaver Member Posts: 3
    I am a first time ODY buyer and I need YOUR HELP. So can anyone in the NYC five boro area tell me what is the LOWEST, out the door price, you paid for an ODY EX-L with no Nav and no RES ? What can I expect to pay for options priced at MSRP ? I appreciate ANY HELP you can give me. Thanks.
  • Options
    i am on long island, and as i said, got about 32000k out the door with extended warranty (they pressured, but would have gotten anyway and got it cheap)
  • Options
    sudebsudeb Member Posts: 2
    Hi,
    Did you get the quote with email or over the phone?
    if email, can you please share it.
    thanks
  • Options
    minivanman5minivanman5 Member Posts: 1
    I'm in the Atlanta area. I'm looking for a 2009 Odyssey EXL Could you please email me the name of the salesperson you dealt with at Ed Voyles. It seems like you received a good deal. Thanks a lot in advance. Please email me at lamjus@yahoo.com
  • Options
    longboat2008longboat2008 Member Posts: 18
    That is a decent price. Can you share the dealer name?
  • Options
    chereyachereya Member Posts: 11
    Which dealer did you end up buying from?

Also, does anyone know if the new June incentives have been announced yet? Are they still the same from April and May - the $2500 dealer rebate?
  • Options
    cimbrianocimbriano Member Posts: 6
    What dealership did you buy from? I had some pretty bad Long Island Honda dealership experiences.
  • Options
    vee927vee927 Member Posts: 11
    hello
    i just got 09 with REV and Navi for 32,700 OTD from NNJ so 32,000 for EX-L is lot for me..
  • Options
    userliteuserlite Member Posts: 16
    Is it a good time to buy Honda odyssey now , or is it likely that 4th July will bring better deals ? Thanks.
  • Options
    jackglassjackglass Member Posts: 11
    I paid 30k out the door for EX L last weekend
  • Options
    ssanjussanju Member Posts: 24
    Yesterday I was in Dealrs Shop ( near by Milwauke,WI) for 2009 Honda Odyssey. Dealer came to 28,500 + sales tax + document fee + Title.

Waht do you think ? I offered him 26,500 before taxes.

Appreciate your thoguhts!!!
  • Options
    b747b747 Member Posts: 10
    Hi Guys,

Help pls. I am new here. I 'm gonna buy 09EX. I just got the quote from some dealers in MA. Here is my email to the dealers. "Can you give me Out the Door quote for 2009 Honda Oddysey? Pls list deail charge. thx. "

This is what I just got: Please give me you though. Thanks.

Dealer 1- Thanks for the inquiry! Here's the price you asked for on the 2009 Odyssey EX: $24,758.00.

Deler 2: I have just received your request for information regarding the Honda. I appreciate you considering Weymouth Honda for your next new car purchase. I will make sure our correspondence regarding this vehicle is clear and to the point. Below I have listed every possible cost you will have to consider in relation to the purchase of your new car. If there is anything I left out or did not explain thouroughly enough please let me know.

2009 Honda Odyssey EX
    $30,125.00 M.S.R.P.
    $24,330.00 Internet Sale Price
    $36.00 Registration (Includes License Plates)
    $75.00 Title
    $224.00 Documentation (Includes Inspection Sticker)
    If I include 5% tax the total would be 25,881.

Destination charge is included in my price. The only thing left to pay would be 5% MA Sales Tax and the interest applied to the loan if you are financing. There are absolutely no additional fees or charges you have to worry about. There is financing available through Honda which I can provide information on. If you would like I can also show you what your monthly payment would be based on the numbers above. This price quote is good until the end of this month. If you do not make a purchase by that time but are still interested in the vehicle please contact me again so I may readjust my price if needed.
  • Options
    mosbournemosbourne Member Posts: 11
    In last week or so, obtained 5 quotes in San Diego County for two different 2009 Odyssey models; Touring & EX-L with NAV & RES. Pricing ranged from a high of invoice minus $2,000 to a low from two dealers of invoice minus $3,125! For Honda dealers, pricing this low is refreshingly unusual. I've been trying to decide whether or not to buy a 2009 or wait for the 2010. Right now, I'm leaning towards the 2009. It doesn't sound like there will be significant changes in the 2010, pricing will certainly not be anywhere near as competitive as it is on the 2009, and the 2009 appears to be an excellent car in it's own right, without any glaring flaws.
    Comments?
  • Options
    south shore honda. liked the salesman, finance people were tough and pushy on extras as is typical. would recommend the sales guy though. have also heard good things about huntington honda.
  • Options
    mosbournemosbourne Member Posts: 11
    Good question! If it's any different, I don't think it will vary much from what is available right now. The answer to your question will depend on the amount and timing of allowances from Honda to dealers on Odyssey's. Right now, that allowance is $2,500 per car and according to Edmunds, is scheduled to end on July 6th. If it changes, either higher or lower, or ends, pricing will obviously be impacted. My experience with Honda pricing until now is that dealer asking prices typically start at MSRP plus, and never go down much. Right now, their asking prices via internet/fleet quotes, is invoice less $2,000 to $3,000, which is extraordinary.