Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see May lease deals!
Options

Should Ford bring the Ford Falcon Terra Ute out in production in the US?

odie6lodie6l Member Posts: 1,173
edited April 2014 in Ford
Take a look at the Ford Falcon Terra Ute.

http://homepages.ihug.com.au/~fulton/ikonboard/terra_ute.htm

Do you think ford should bring this truck out in production in the US? I think it would deffinatly be a big seller when you look at what Ford is trying to do with the Sport-Trac and the Ranger Edge. Plus having the Ford Falcon name on it has to give it a little help. Since Ford is selling the Falcon's in both a sedan (looks way better than a Taurus) and a Pick-up (looks like a Ranchero) version.

Or even the regular Falcon Ute seen here
http://www.theautolink.com/votw/ford_falcon/ford_falcon2.htm

Odie

Comments

• Options
    eagle63eagle63 Member Posts: 599
    Sorry, but I have to say that that's one of the ugliest vehicles I've ever seen. (Aztek not withstanding of course) I don't think Americans are ready for another "El Camino" type of vehicle.
  • Options
    btate2002btate2002 Member Posts: 64
    By all means Ford should not bring that ugly thing to the US to kill ppl in it too. Kinda reminds me of an early 80's Nissan truck. There's no need for all that.
  • Options
    odie6lodie6l Member Posts: 1,173
    At least it does look better than a Sport-Trac. (probably handles better to). The Terra Ute version kinda reminds me of the Subaru Brat. I think if Ford did bring the Falcon Ute it would sell pretty decent.

Odie
  • Options
    cth7312cth7312 Member Posts: 18
    I have a 1970 Ford Falcon Sedan, and I think that there is no way in hell anyone could say that the "Falcon" nameplate could help anyone sell a car, unless it was used in the phrase, "At least its not a...."

CT
  • Options
    rshollandrsholland Member Posts: 19,788
    will be introduced at the upcoming Detroit Auto Show in January '02. It will hit the road the following October.

It will be a 4-door pickup built off the Subaru Outback platform. So, at least Subaru feels there is a market for a car-based pickup here in the States. You can see the concept vehicle at www.subaru.com.

From what I've read the production version will have about 90% of what the concept version has. Hopefully it will keep the mid-gate (ala Chevy Avalanche) that was shown.

Bob
  • Options
    thedarkwolfthedarkwolf Member Posts: 70
    I would love to have another rwd option.
  • Options
    amoralesamorales Member Posts: 196
    260 cu in V8 and deep rumble exhaust note.....
This discussion has been closed.