Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Honda Odyssey Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• brian125brian125 Member Posts: 5,244
    cookie'
    How close to dealers invoice price did you get???

23 Telluride SX-P X-Line, 23 Camry XSE

• djdakinedjdakine Member Posts: 3
    Was quoted 32,500 for a 2014 EX-L + tax/fees. No vans on the lot, but I can have my pick on the ones arriving this week. Going to test drive the Sienna in a few days, but will probably end up with the Odyessey

truecar says invoice is 33,399
  • graystormgraystorm Member Posts: 3
    This forum helped me make a informed purchase.
    I bought a 2014 Odyssey Touring Elite Smokey Topaz / Truffle Interior.
    I used the USAA Car Buying Program.
    MSRP $ 45,280
    Price : $ 41,291 ( destination included )
    Appearance Package : $299 ( Splash Guards, Cargo Tray, Wheel Locks )
    Tax : $2750
    Tag : $20
    Title : $20
    Documentation Fee : $699
    OTD : $45,079
    Financing 1.9% for 60 months American Honda Finance
    it Took 2 n half weeks for delievery Lithia Springs ,GA
    Bottom Line : My Wife is Happy with it. Our Children Love It. So I am very Happy.
    Thanks Honda
  • battlefeelbattlefeel Member Posts: 1
    36 month lease

3000 down, 400 monthly after tax... good deal?
  • ken117ken117 Member Posts: 249
    A doc fee of $699? Wow, filling out a couple of forms must take the clerk a full work week or so at this dealership!

Amazing so many people seem to have accepted these false fees as legitimate. Make a good deal and then give it back via the doc fee. Hard to understand.

What is next, a dealer fee of $500 for office supplies or $600 for occupancy?
  • damhoangdamhoang Member Posts: 4
    I just bought a 2014 Odyssey EXL for $33,600. Price + TT&L = $36,078. I got this deal from McDavid Honda of Frisco in Frisco, TX. I think it's a very good deal. Please share what you all think about this deal. You can talk to Bob Kitner at McDavid Honda of Frisco if you like to get similar deal.
    ken117 try to follow me on this. It is not "hard to understand"
    You are right that the doc fee of $699 was high. I was not concerned about the doc fee or even the price of the van. The doc fee and the other false fees that dealerships add are all smoke and mirrors . I negotiated the OTD price with 4 other dealers by telling them each the others OTD price. The end result they counter offered each others OTD price . I ended up with a OTD price that was significantly lower than the others. Hence the OTD price of $45,079 on a 2014 Touring Elite that had just came available only 4 weeks prior to agreed price. :-)
  • hjparkhjpark Member Posts: 1
    FYI - New Jersey : My coworker paid 1500 down 340monthly- EX-L
    Ken,
    I have read some of your other posts concerning the doc fees. I understand better now your point of view. I concede that i could may have done better by continuing negotiations by addressing the $699 doc fee. I still feel I established a good fair deal that was 4k below MSRP. The more I read on these forums and the internet the more I learn and understand of ways of doing things better. Thank you for your input.
  • buddeypbuddeyp Member Posts: 2
    Hi djdakine, is that including destination charge? I'm looking to buy a 2014 EXL too here in the bay area, and that looks like a good price.
  • sara9999sara9999 Member Posts: 1
    I'm pricing 2014s in the Bay Area, the lowest I've gotten on the Ex-L so far is $33,299 including destination. Hoping to get lower, am interested to hear what others in the area are being quoted. I did get a sub-$29k quote on an EX, but most were around $30,200.
  • rajagopalsrajagopals Member Posts: 1
    Hello all,
    I'm looking for Honda odyssey Exl with RES, I got the lowest price as 33909 + destination, processing,tax,tags. Also it says inclusive of all incentives. I have not started the negotiation yet with them. What is the best price for this model. This would be in northern Virginia.

Thanks in advance.
  • nycconnectnycconnect Member Posts: 8
    Just purchased the new EX from Westport Honda in CT for 30200 plus CT tax plus 111 transfer of plates plus 350 doc fee. I traded in my 2008 Sienna LE 8 passenger and got low balled on trade but I did not want to deal with hassle of private party sale. The dealership probably made a good profit due to trade.
  • stankalstankal Member Posts: 5
    Hi,

Just wanted to see what people are paying for 2014 EX-L w/ Navigation around Chicago land. I'm looking for Black with Gary interior and don't mind driving a few miles for a good deal.

I got a good deal on our previous Odyssey (2006) by getting excellent advice on these forums. Looking to do it again.

Thanks everyone and happy negotiating!
  • gtracer1gtracer1 Member Posts: 5
    Was that with or without RES package?
  • BLeGBLeG Member Posts: 1
    Hello Icek,

You got very good deal on this car. My question is how much to pay for fee ? doc fee. (not registration fee). Also, will you get $500 money back or you signed the benefit to dealer ?

Thanks
    Bleg
  • kg32kg32 Member Posts: 8
    Does this include destination, tax, title and license?

With an invoice price of $41, 262 (including $890 destination), the math leads to a pretty impressive incentive hold back.

I'm guessing that this is before destination and reflects roughly $2,500 inincentives.
  • buddeypbuddeyp Member Posts: 2
    Hi sara9999, I'm sure you can get lower, as I just got multiple quotes at $33k or slightly below, before any further negotiation.
  • rdworski1rdworski1 Member Posts: 20
    edited August 2013
    Anyone with buying experience near Howard County, MD? I am leaning towards an EX. For either trim level, please let me know your costs including price, destination, and any processing fees. Thank you
    Anyone knows of a place in Texas that's offering the EX-L for $33k?
  • pbunzpbunz Member Posts: 3
    Got quotes for 2014 Touring Elite ranging from $40991 to $41200 in Houston area. Don't think this is a great quote as it's too early for 2014 model. When would be the good time of the year for better price? Sometime in Oct/Nov? Or maybe end of the year around Xmas time?
  • senmunsenmun Member Posts: 9
    Recently bought 2013 odyssey for a friend at Northwest Honda at Owings Mills. Heard good things about Pohanka Honda from a friend and in this forum.
  • clifford09clifford09 Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2013
    Just purchased 8/30/13
    EX-L with RES
    Vehicle $33,768
    Doc $398
    Tax $1029

OTD price $35,225

Raleigh dealers were hard at first. Both local dealers let me walk out, one ultimately called me back. Technically on the documentation the vehicle price was 34268, but they gave me $500 of dealer cash that shows up in the deposit section. No trade in. financed through honda at .9% 36 months. I have not seen a better deal in North Carolina EX-L with RES. But who knows... I am happy with the transaction
  • vk_vanvk_van Member Posts: 8
    Hi clifford09, did you get any free accessories in that price - like Roof rails, wheel locks etc... ?
    That's a great price! Do you mind sharing the name of the dealership.
  • alpha0alpha0 Member Posts: 3
    What is your tax rate? Isn't it 6+% in that region?
    Yes, it is 6.35% in CT. Even if I add an extra $1000 for tax....your price is much lower. All the dealers in CT are quoting around 38K for EX-L with RES and EX-L without any accessories, the best price I got is around 35.5K out the door. So, you got an awesome deal....
  • autofansautofans Member Posts: 1
    Hi odyssesy owners,

I am looking to purchase a 2014 Honda Odyssesy Ex between Sept and early of Oct.
    Can anyone help me find a dealership in or near Tampa, Fl that will give me
    an OTD price online?

Just want to a final price on the car and test drive it. Do not want to spent more than an
    hour at the dealership.

Thank you in advance
  • golfwiggolfwig Member Posts: 1
    http://www.openroadhonda.com/new/Honda/2013-Honda-Odyssey-2334088b0a0a0002008ff9- a77bf13cae.htm

28 miles with added dealer luggage rack, mud flaps and pinstripe add 2k = adj stocker 45k
    Alibaster Silver with Truffle Leather interior

negotiated 3k down, 399 mo for 36mo 12k mile yr, with residual to purchase of $20k As I only put down $250 to hold the car to Monday, can you please tell me if this is a good deal!
  • my328xomy328xo Member Posts: 5
    edited August 2013
    Just bought one in Virginia.
    Had 2004 Odys with 150K.
    2014 Honda Odys with 7 mi on: just came to dealer 10 days ago.

2014 EX-L-RES

MSRP: $38055
    Purchase: $32898 + Tax + Tag
    Honda finance: 1.9%
    Trade-in: $3000
    Actual price including everything (tax and whatever else): $33420 (out the door)

So surprised that the dealer was able to come up with this. The sales manager personally came and discussed throughout the time, very professional and personal. Now have a very happy wife.
  • jim1462jim1462 Member Posts: 40
    Would you share the dealers name and city Thanks
    Woww....$33420 for 2014 EXL-RES out the door is by far the best I have seen....could you please share the dealer name...I live in CT, but wouldnt mind driving as this price is around 5K less than what I am getting in CT.
  • momof5kidsmomof5kids Member Posts: 1
    I got it for 38,551 out the door. Everything included tags, tax Etc! Accessories was 2 extra wireless head phones, all weather mats, wheel locks, mud guards some other stuff! Was priced 33,551! Wished I would've got it for the deal above for 33,420! But is very happy with the Van no regrets!
  • shivapkshivapk Member Posts: 1
    Hi,

I am looking to buy 2014 Honda EX-L with RES in southern California . Wanted to see if you have got any good deals during the labor weekend. Please post them including the quotes.

Also, please respond if you are looking to join for a group buying in.

regards
    ksp
  • dalbidalbi Member Posts: 3
    i wanted ex model or ex-l basic. I wouldnt mind old model.
    One dealer suggested 2014 Ex model $31.6k OTD - 6% tax included. but we consider leather too.

But guess what. Only one 2013 ex-l was in my area with navigation system.
    I ended up with $33k otd including tax and title stuff with 0.9% finance for 5 years.

It might not be the best deal but i am happy with deal experience.
    Dealers and finance people were so kind and treated us VIP.
    overall good purchasing experiencw. Thanks everyone.
  • nkallankalla Member Posts: 5
    That's a very good price. could you please share the itemized price list (destination, dealer fee, tax etc)
    Sounds good price. could you please post the salesperson you dealt with. I'm looking for 2013 EXL
  • huewanghuewang Member Posts: 2
    i've searched these threads, but there doesn't seem to be a lot of activity with the touring (sans elite). i recently got a quote of $38,549. best i came up with on truecar was $39,104. anyone do better than this?
  • olewarskuleolewarskule Member Posts: 3
    edited September 2013
    2014 Odyssey EX-L in Modern Steel Metallic w/ Grey interior
    MSRP : $36,455
    Price : $32,673 (destination and door edging included)
    Tax : $420
    Tag and Title : $223
    Documentation Fee : $0
    OTD : $34,316
    Financing 1.9% for 60 months American Honda Finance

Traded in a 2011 Acura MDX base with a windshield that needed to be replaced and 2 tires needing replacement (got $29,000 for it). Inventory was low so I had to shop around and haggle to get to invoice (w/ destination) less $500 flex cash and $500 for active duty military that finance with AHFC. Washington state fortunately does not charge tax on the trade in value. I had the Pro Pack pulled off (go to Amazon, Ebay, College Hills Honda, or Benardi for accessories at more reasonable price), but conceded to the door trim since it couldn't be reused.

This forum was a great tool and helped me save some money. Hope my post helps.
  • jac1304jac1304 Member Posts: 33
    Which dealership did you go to in wa state? I am wa state west side.
    Hey new_car_blues,

Thanks so much for the pricing details at Ken Dixon Honda in Waldorf. I took down the price breakdown you put down and took true car pricing (including true value + destination) to the dealer and got a good deal on EXL ($22,500)

True car price (base + destination): 30, 130
    +$195 (Wheel Locks)
    +$200 (Processing Fee)
    +$281.50 (Tags in Maryland)
    +$1,750 (Sales Tax in Maryland)
    =$32,500
    Thanks so much new_car_blues for the pricing details at Ken Dixon Honda in Waldorf. I took down the price breakdown you put down and took true car pricing (including true value + destination) to the dealer and got a good deal on EXL ($22,500)

True car price (base + destination): 30, 130
    +$195 (Wheel Locks)
    +$200 (Processing Fee)
    +$281.50 (Tags in Maryland)
    +$1,750 (Sales Tax in Maryland)
    =$32,500
    Jac,

Internet department at Capitol City Honda (Olympia). Similar deals could be had on the eastern part of the state, just wasn't worth it to me to make the drive.
    Seems to be a good price, 2013 touring is going for about 36k i beleive
  • smarinersmariner Member Posts: 14
    Thanks. Looks like Capital City Honda (in Olympia, WA) has a referral program that gives you $100. Do you want to refer me?
    Definitely. Ask for Zach or Manny, they are the internet guys. Tell them Nick sent you. Can't recommend these guys enough, straight shooters and fair.
  • my328xomy328xo Member Posts: 5
    I am sorry for posting so late...

It was Richmond, West Broad Honda.. We have things timed (without planning) very well.. August 31 (last day of month), Saturday, and mixed with Labor day weekend. Best wishes for your deal..
    Hi all, this forum had helped me a lot in my van purchase. Just bought a 2014 Honda Odyssey EX-L WRES for $37.5K OTD. Details below:

OTD price: $37.5K
    Accessories Included - Body Side moldings, Roof fails, wheel locks, splash guards, Cargo tray,
    Extended Warranty - 5 Year/60 K miles. A few more dealer provided accessories like Pin stripe, Paint protection etc.

This was the best price I got in Northeast...by the way, I bought this in NY city.
  • sbaratamsbaratam Member Posts: 4
    Congratulations!! I suggest going with 8 Year/120 K or more coverage. 5 Year/60 K is meaningless when this is a brand new vehicle and the manufacturer is Honda. One would run into problems more so after 5 or 6 years and thats when this warranty is really good. I got the 8 Year/120 K warranty for $1300. You can cancel the existing one within 30 days for a full refund. Good Luck!!
  • rman66rman66 Member Posts: 21
    edited September 2013
    I remember buying my 2003 Odyssey EX-L NAV for $30K, MSRP was $32K
    Now, in the market for a replacement I got a sticker shock when I see the price has gone up almost $5K..
    so, why is the price of Nav still a ridiculous $2K? what is it in this that it should cost so much?
    How is Honda managing to sell for so much more, given competition selling for a lot less? Nissan Nav is upgrade is only $500