Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Comments

• jcachjcach Member Posts: 1
    I purchased a new 2001 Sebring LXi Convertible. I'm really happy with it. I'm considering buying the wind screen accessory that cost about $215. I'd like to get some feedback from anyone that might have one. Does it really block the wind? I'd appreciate any positive or negative comments.
  • adp3adp3 Member Posts: 446
    I seem to remember someone had posted pics of his/her Sebring convert. and they had bought an aftermarket wind screen - has anyone else done this? Does it work?
  • goodyrlgoodyrl Member Posts: 83
    Anyone know where I can get one? Chrysler wants like $500. Ive hit all the junkyards. Anyone know a source for after market ones? THANKS
  • jeeptjcnjjeeptjcnj Member Posts: 1
    ok,

not sure if this is breaking edmund's TOS, but willing to risk it for a fellow sebring convt. owner. try the internet's most famous auction site. (the one with 4 letters) there's always plenty of stuff available for auction, including boots. just type in "chrysler sebring" and you'll see what is available! good luck!
  • fordeforde Member Posts: 1
    jcach, the wind screen most definitely stops the wind. Its the best accessory I bought for my 2002 Chrysler Sebring GTC. However I bargained with the dealer and got the screen for $150.00 (I don't think these screens are big sellers). Go get one and be careful installing.
  • manismanis Member Posts: 1
    I just bought one off of ebay for $75.00. There were several more at auction.
  • elbieelbie Member Posts: 1
    I have a 02 Sebring LX Convertible and would like to add side skirts. As I live in the UK I tried sourcing through the main Chrysler dealer without success. I am trying to establish if these can be obtained as a DIY/ Bolt On accessory and are they colour matched?
  • chabechabe Member Posts: 5
    Hi all
    I got a chance to buy a sebring(2000)lxi in very nice cond,with very low miles(25,000) for a great price ~ But I live in the northeast (Maine)where driving conditions can prove to be somewhat stressfull in the winter (which is most of the year) how does the car handle on snowy ( i won't say icey-cause no vehicle handles well on ice) conditions,any input or feedback on this topic would be helpful as i love the vehicle,but it won't do me any good if it can't handle winter conditions . thnx steve
  • dfisherdfisher Member Posts: 1
    I live in Colorado Springs and just purchased a Sebring because we have a close friend who has owned one for about 7 years and reports that it does very well on snow because of the front wheel drive and it weighs almost as much as a mid-size car. Also the ABS breaking system does better on ice than a non-ABS system.

Good luck,

dfisher
  • slowslow Member Posts: 1
    I currently live in Reno, NV. I have owned my Sebring since 1999, it is a 2000 model. I was very impressed with the way it handled all the snow here this year, 6 feet + in a single storm. Add tire chains to the front and I was unstoppable. The ABS worked very well with the chains. I would certainly have to recommend it.
  • dvdman45dvdman45 Member Posts: 2
    Hi
    Would anyone know where I could purchase custom talilights for my 2004 Sebing

Bill
  • hankghankg Member Posts: 1
    I'd like to install an aftermarket stereo on a 2001 Sebring LXI sedan but due to the curved dash, I need to locate a custom stereo bezel. Has anyone had any experience with an aftermarket stereo in their Sebring's?

Thanks.
  • tonyheadtonyhead Member Posts: 1
    Hi, I'm from the Uk and have a holiday home in Spain where my sebring convertible is kept, I need a visor clip for the passengers side as the original has snapped. Small, black coloured I think it takes two screws....amy idea where I can get hold of one???? :confuse:
  • dziadedziade Member Posts: 2
    Dealer, $17.36 US for a pair
  • thompothompo Member Posts: 1
    I recently aquired a 2002 Sebring LXI, and wish to service it throughly before I take it to Malaga in Spain, where in the UK can I buy the service parts, (brake pads, filters, belts etc). local Chrysler agent says they don't do them
  • sjngradysjngrady Member Posts: 4
    I have a 2002 LXI covertible. The car has a shake that I understand is common. I have new tires and four wheel alignment recently. Has anyone done suspension modification to smooth out the ride?
  • psebringpsebring Member Posts: 1
    I HAVE A 95 AND IM IN MICH. THE WEATHER HERE IN THE WINTER TIME IS OK SOMETIMES A MESS. WELL THIS PASS WINTER WAS MY FIRST WINTER IN A CAR THAT SIT VERY LOW TO THE GROUND, WELL I SPENT OUT AND THANK GOD THAT IS DID NOT DAMAGE NOTHING BUT IT WAS PRETTY BAD,,, :(
  • datoddsterdatoddster Member Posts: 2
    Hey Tonyhead, I don't know if you found a visor clip yet. I broke one too and was able to get one through the dealership parts department for about $10.00. Otherwise, try jcwhitney.com.
  • datoddsterdatoddster Member Posts: 2
    Elbie, I have found a site on the internet where you can order aftermarket parts for your Sebring.....www.andysautosport.com......they have tons of things to choose from for your car.
  • speedy911speedy911 Member Posts: 1
    I own a 98 sebring convertible and i am looking for an aftermarket hood with hood scoops. Where can i find anything like this? :confuse:
  • lifeisgood1lifeisgood1 Member Posts: 1
    I am contemplating towing an 18'Boat from Fla to Conn. has anyone towed anything with a Sebring.
  • dstucydstucy Member Posts: 1
    I have a stock 02 LXI Cp 5sp. What does it run stock? I cant find the answer anywhere. Also what are some good site for mods for my car...thanks :confuse:
  • dvdman45dvdman45 Member Posts: 2
    If I can think of it then someone in this world is making them. Anyone know where I can get some custom tail lights for my 2004 Sebring. I have been searching for anything other than the stock lights. HELP!
  • sebring9776sebring9776 Member Posts: 10
    im ooking for the same tail lights"euro". i have a friend that knows someone that can might get them
  • moron101moron101 Member Posts: 3
    No but I know how you can upgrade your lights to HIDs (not the fakes) that will dress it up further.
  • dmfwdmfw Member Posts: 1
    I purchased a '98 Sebring JX convertible and am very happy with it - but - I did not get an owner's manual with the car. I am trying to find a list of all the light bulbs used in this car. The Haynes manual does not have such a list and I cannot find anything on the web.

My intent is to upgrade the headlights and brake lights to brighter bulbs. I would also be interested in brighetr bulbs for marker lights.

Does anyone have an owner's manual with a bulb application list for the '98 JX?

Also - any experience or advice concerning the much advertised brighetr headlight bulbs?

Any experience or advice about brighter bulbs for the other lights on these cars?

Many thanks
    dmfw
  • natedogg361natedogg361 Member Posts: 1
    hey so im new and i want to say hi first. second my bro has a 2005 sebring tsi (racing version i guess, cuz it hauls butt)with 2.7 DOHC V6 with 200 hp. and umm i want to get him some racing modifications. prob is nobody has heard of the tsi, making it a pain to find parts. im looking for the usuall (cold air intake, exhaust, ecu chip....u know) but i cant find it. i even called mopar racing. so any ideas on what to do. id greatly apreciate it.
  • tsymmondstsymmonds Member Posts: 1
    hey, yeah i bought a 98 chrysler sebring (second hand) i dont have a owners manual, my keyless entry remotes dont work i was wondering if there is a was to re program them or something with out going to the dealer any info would be a great help and greatly appreciated
  • tee724tee724 Member Posts: 1
    In my search for the same info, I came across this info -- Otherwise, the only other options is going to the dealer which runs about $40. Good luck.

MODELS:
    1995 - 1998 (FJ) Avenger/Sebring/Talon

The listed models are shipped from the factory with only one key FOB transmitter. If
    a second FOB is added, it must be purchased through MOPAR and is not considered a warrantable item.

Whenever a second FOB is programmed, the original FOB must also be re-programmed. If the original FOB is not re-programmed with the second FOB, the original FOB will not function.

The following two procedures are available to program key FOB transmitters.

Programming Procedures With The DRB III(R).
    1. Connect the scan tool to the vehicle and power it up.
    2. Select scan tool stand alone mode, current model year diagnostics, then body.
    3. The screen will ask if this is a 95-99 Avenger/Sebring/Talon, select yes.
    4. Follow the directions and prompts on the scan tool screen as follows:
    a. Close all doors, turn ignition key to off.
    b. Turn ignition key to Accessory.
    c. Turn ignition key to off, door locks will cycle once (in programming mode).
    d. For each key FOB, press any button 3 times in a row to program code. When
    programming is complete, the door locks will cycle once.
    NOTE:
    IF A SECOND KEY FOB REQUIRES PROGRAMMING, IT MUST BE PROGRAMMED WITHIN 1 MINUTE OF
    THE FIRST FOB PROGRAMMING. PRESS ANY BUTTON ON THE SECOND FOB 3 TIMES TO PROGRAM
    ITS CODE. WHEN PROGRAMMING IS COMPLETE, THE DOOR LOCKS WILL CYCLE ONCE.

5. The programming mode finishes after the following:
    a. Programming of two key FOBS is completed.
    b. One minute has passed since programming.
    c. Scan tool is disconnected.
    d. Ignition switch is turned on.
    e. Any of the doors are opened.

Manual Programming Procedure (non scan tool)
    1. Connect pin 1 of the 16-way data link connector to chassis ground or to pin 4 of
    the 16-way data link connector.
    2. Close all doors, turn ignition key to off.
    3. Turn ignition key to Accessory.

4. Turn ignition key to off, door locks will cycle once (in programming mode).
    5. For each key FOB, press any button 3 times in a row to program code. When
    programming is complete, the door locks will cycle once.

NOTE:
    IF A SECOND KEY FOB REQUIRES PROGRAMMING, IT MUST BE PROGRAMMED WITHIN 1 MINUTE OF
    THE FIRST FOB PROGRAMMING. PRESS ANY BUTTON ON THE SECOND FOB 3 TIMES TO PROGRAM
    ITS CODE. WHEN PROGRAMMING IS COMPLETE, THE DOOR LOCKS WILL CYCLE ONCE.

6. The programming mode finishes after the following:
    a. Programming of two key FOBS is completed.
    b. One minute has passed since programming.
    c. Pin 1 of 16-way data link connector is removed from ground connection.
    d. Ignition switch is turned on.
    e. Any of the doors are opened.
  • ro057521ro057521 Member Posts: 1
    I just purchased a 2001 Sebring convertible LX. It doesn't have a lot of extras. I was wondering easy it would be to add the homelink visor and a trip computer? Does anyone know if the wiring harenesses are there?
  • sebring99lxisebring99lxi Member Posts: 1
    first of all I would like to say hello all (newbie here)
    I recently purchased a used chrysler sebring lxi (99) back in march, and now am concidering making some serious modifications to it something that crossed my mind was dropping in a 6g72tt motor in place of the stock 6g73. my first question would be will the motor fit and secondly how many problems will I run into trying to do something as crazy as that.
  • neauxbunnyneauxbunny Member Posts: 13
    Is there any other way other than the "purchase a new fob for $100" to get this working again?

Thanks
    Da Bunny
    ps yep, changed batteries....
  • mikebuckleymikebuckley Member Posts: 16
    Da Bunny
    ps yep, changed batteries....

Did you really expect us to think that anyone named Da Bunny (as in the Energizer) might not have tried changing the batteries? :)

On the subject of fobs, does anyone know what the term "fob" refers to? Is it an acronym? Is it a name unto itself?

I asked the sales manager, who had spent his entire career selling cars that. He found the question humorous for three reasons. The first is that he had no idea what it meant. The second is that he had never wondered what it meant. And the third is that he had never been asked the question.
  • tedebeartedebear Member Posts: 832
    Interesting. I never thought about FOB possibly being an acronym for something. A Google search turned up this:

Fob - this is actually not an acronym but describes the electronic "key". Fob comes from the use of pocket watches. At one time a man would keep his pocket watch attached to his vest or jacket by a chain. Eventually a decorative element was added to the chain, it was called a fob. This was then adapted to mean anything decorative attached to a chain, like a key fob. Later fobs took on a utilitarian function as electronic door locks would be opened with fobs.
    OK, ok...so I asked for the battery wisecrack with my signature..... :)

I knew a fob was the chain for pocket watches....but times change and new meanings sprout up everywhere. Who would have thought years ago that a chip would be an electronic part?

So, has anyone had any experience with "fobs gone bad" (I can see a short film parody here)

The whole "bring the title or registration to the dealership and cough up $100" just burns my toast. The thing probably costs 89 cents to make.

Thanks
    Da Bunny
    Da Bunny: I suspect that your dealer might be ripping you off if you are being charged $100 for a new fob. I recently needed a new one because an extra one is needed to install the remote start. The dealer (Koons Chrysler in Vienna, VA) charged my $48.57 plus tax.

They also required no title or registration, though that does seem to be a reasonable security precaution that in the big picture protects you.
    My mistake! I was wrong about the $50 fob. It was only a key, not the fob. My apologies!
    The whole "bring the title or registration to the dealership and cough up $100" just burns my toast. The thing probably costs 89 cents to make.

Before spending that much on a new fob when all you really need is a new battery you might see if you can gently pry it apart and replace the battery.

I just bought an '07 Sebring and the fob has a little notch on one side that appears to be there to allow the owner to replace the battery.

If replacing the battery causes it to lose communication with your car you might see if there's a procedure to program it in your manual without getting the dealer involved. There is one for the '07.
  • dsansdsans Member Posts: 1
    great info, but where is the data link connector? ..and where is pin 1? there's one connector showing on the left under the fuse box apparently for a cable but there are no numbers on it, and some pins in the connector seem to be missing.. the other connector i found under the steering wheel (had to remove the lower dashboard cover) and it has 16 pins but pin 1 is 12v so i dont think that's the right cable.
    thanks.
    Actually, the battery was the first thing we checked.

Can you tell I am just getting around to looking into this matter again?

New battery - dead fob.

Has anyone used the ones offered at keylessride.com?

da bunny
    ( neauxbunny = no bunny)
    You could try reprogramming the one you have. If the battery is okay it is probably working but not sending the right code.

Do a Google search or try this link: Reprogram fob 2000 Sebring
  • cliff11cliff11 Member Posts: 10
    Has anyone added an aftermarket sunroof to a Sebring? Is the dealership the best place to inquire, or does anyone have any suggestions?., I am in the Detroit area. Thanks,.

Cliff
  • benghbengh Member Posts: 1
    I have been having tranny problems for awhile now, made me temporarily ditch my 1998 sebring lxi coupe in my driveway. I am thinking about swapping in a manual transmission into it, but I do not know if there are any compatible trannys out there. I know it will be a lot of work and money, etc, etc, but that doesn't matter to me. I am going to be redoing the entire car. Any suggestions on a manual transmission?
  • drfeadrfea Member Posts: 1
    We lost our fob for a 1998 Sebring. Just checked with the dealer; $131 for the fob itself, $70 to program. Over $200 plus tax to get one key fob replaced. Any other options besides go without the fob?
  • markventmarkvent Member Posts: 1
    I just placed a chryler wing emblem with double back adhesive onto the trunk of my 2001 Black Sebring, Well It's a bit crooked.

Is thier a safe way to take it off an reapply it safely without removing any paint ?
  • blittkeblittke Member Posts: 1
    I have an 08 Sebring Convertible. I want to install LED license plate lights to give it the light similar to a Lexus or BMW. Can someone please tell me how to get to the license plate lights?
  • mcquirtermcquirter Member Posts: 1
    Does anyone know how to get some custom parts for the 98 sebring lxi coupe. i been looking at the eclispe engine's they seem alot alike but i dont want to try anything out until im for sure.

so if anyone knows of any place i can get performance parts, like a cold air intake, headers etc.
    or if the i could use the 2000-2003 eclispe's performance parts. let me know
  • kenitzerkenitzer Member Posts: 19
    Anyone with insight on adding trailer wiring to a 2004 Sebring Convertible?
  • downhillracerdownhillracer Member Posts: 5
    I replaces all struts with monroe matic truts
  • carguywannabcarguywannab Member Posts: 1
    I have been trying to put an aftermarket radio into my 96 sebring conv. When i plug everything together, I can get sound out of the back two speakers but not the front. Ive already checked all the connections and they are right. I have also checked them with a voltmeter to see if they have current. I dont know what could be causing this problem. If you know please help.