Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

What you would want in the next Tundra...

2»

Comments

• Options
    obyoneobyone Member Posts: 7,841
    Bama-

As with Consumer reports, JD Powers, truck trend, and edmunds....Do you believe everything you read?
  • Options
    1. Give an option to get the truck equipped with the TRD supercharger from the factory. The Tundra would then have 340 hp and more torque than the Ford Lightning with only 5lb of boost! With the Tundra being lighter than the Ford - it should be a rocket!

Sure, sure, throw a SC in a mid size pickup I'm sure it'll out perform the Lightning as the later being a Full Sized truck.

Another fair comparison Bamba?
  • Options
    bamatundrabamatundra Member Posts: 1,583
    Try to remember to stay on topic! I'm wondering why someone who owns a new Silverado that has been in the shop over four months would want to come to a Tundra topic and post bashes. Oh, Well!
  • Options
    This is where I got my info on the TRD supercharger:

http://www.pickuptruck.com/html/autoshows/sema2000/toyota/customized/tundrasc.html

• Options
    2. Come out with a 3/4 ton diesel.

Too funny. They sould make a full sized truck FIRST. And a diesel, nah, just tune that 4.7 so it can make 400 HP and 500 lb. torque. So simple. Just publish in the brochure and Toyota loyalist will spread the word...same as the ground clearance....MUAHAHAHAHA!!!
  • Options
    3. Give an option for a real high end stereo. (one with an insane number of watts and a subwoofer).

You are on a roll....can't figure your own high end system. One that Toyota would install would sound like the Sequoia...which ain't getting no high reviews. And no way would they put in a Nakamichi system.....cause then they would have to call the Tunda a Lexus and they wouldn't call a mid size truck no Lexus....no way.
  • Options
    toddstocktoddstock Member Posts: 268
    why in Gods name are there Chevy owners posting on this topic... Either you feel threatened by Toyota, or you literally have no lives... It's one or the other, and those aren't very good options for ya...

Why would you WASTE your lifes time posting on a Toyota forum if you don't like Toyota or don't feel threatened??? I just don't get it...
  • Options
    ryanbabryanbab Member Posts: 7,240
    Thanks for the link. In all honesty that blue truck that have a pic of looks pretty nice. I wouldnt want it (2wd) but it is nice

Todd i was just wondering about the SC in the tundra and where he got his info from.
  • Options
    Hope you are having a good weekend... Talk to ya later...
  • Options
    I would like the next Tundra to give me some gosh darn room to put an amp, capacitor, and at least one sub somewhere.... I don't really bump, but would like to have more bass in my music every now and then.... They have 2 tweets and 4 6 1/2's..

My Father owns a stereo shop, and it really sucks that I can't put some nice speakers in this thing...
  • Options
    Having a great weekend hope you are having the same

Washed my truck (inside and out)

Changed 1 grease fitting to a 90 degree so its easier to lube.

Sanded down my rear rotor (drivers side) to stop a squeak i have at low speeds

Cleans the inside of my rear rims

Next weekend (oil change and adding shocks (bilstein) to both my truck and my dads.

Today my dads S-10 went over 100K. No major problems

Ryan
  • Options
    natureboy1natureboy1 Member Posts: 55
    I truly believe Nissan wil come out with a great and very competitive full-size truck. I say this because of the recent events taken with the company and its lineup.

First we have the radical changes with the Frontier. They were the first to have the four doors in a compact to start. They then revamped the truck after only two years or so on the market to give it the new look (like it or leave it, it is a pretty radical and unique design). They were the first to offer a factory supercharger as an option (The Toyota supercharger is factory installed, but is not an actual "option"). It might only have 210 horses, but it is still a first, and plans are to bump the power up to 240! Every single year this truck has had significant changes, while the Tacoma has changed very very little since its introduction. Another thing the Frontier has is a leather interior option! To my knowledge no other compact has such an option. In my opinion the Frontier has quickly evolved into quite a little truck. I drive a Tacoma, but I can definitely respect what Nissan has done with the Frontier (I have been waiting for a "new" Tacoma for a long time). Besides the four doors, the stepside and some minor cosmetic changes the Tacoma has really changed in almost seven years!

Next point to consider. The revamped Pathfinder. With 240-250 horses (depending on the transmission), the Pathfinder blows away the 4Runner in terms of power. The 4Runner design is older than the Pathfinder, but yet like the Frontier the Pathfinder continues to grow. Rumor is the next generation Pathfinder is set to grow even larger, while rumor also is the next 4Runner is going to drop significantly in price and Toyota is going to aim it at the Xterra! Man o man... Hate to be a 4Runner enthusiast! The Pathfinder is moving up in scale and the 4Runner is moving down...

Now onto the cars. The brand new Camry is out. I already read some reviews. Great car, but almost bland when compared to the new Altima on its way. Altima? Shouldn't the Camry be compared to the Maxima? Not no more. The once tame Altima now has 240 horses and is aimed at the Camry devision, which with its best engine still only has 192. The all new Camry basically has no engine/power changes for the new car. The Nissan has almost fifty more horses. And the Maxima? Its once direct competition, has moved up scale to compete with cars like the Avalon. The Maxima has almost 260 horses now. There isn't too many other cars in this class that can compete.

With the new Nissan fullsize on the way, I can bet you it is something that will not be a disappointment. Apparently it will have no regular cab model (which may peeve a few), but will be equipped with either a four door crew cab like version or an Xtra/Access cab like version with the familiar suicide doors. Nissan has said it will definitely be a fullsize truck, and not an "almost full-size truck" like the slightly smaller Tundra.

I have always been a die hard Toyota fan, but Toyota is very slow to change, and Nissan as of late has been updating their vehicles every year. It will be interesting to see when the Nissan truck debuts...
  • Options
    I hope for its sake its not as radical as the frontier. Im not a big fan of the plastic or the roof rack thing

When is it supposed to come out by the way? This year?
  • Options
    I truly believe Nissan wil come out with a great and very competitive full-size truck. I say this because of the recent events taken with the company and its lineup.

First we have the radical changes with the Frontier. They were the first to have the four doors in a compact to start. They then revamped the truck after only two years or so on the market to give it the new look (like it or leave it, it is a pretty radical and unique design). They were the first to offer a factory supercharger as an option (The Toyota supercharger is factory installed, but is not an actual "option"). It might only have 210 horses, but it is still a first, and plans are to bump the power up to 240! Every single year this truck has had significant changes, while the Tacoma has changed very very little since its introduction. Another thing the Frontier has is a leather interior option! To my knowledge no other compact has such an option. In my opinion the Frontier has quickly evolved into quite a little truck. I drive a Tacoma, but I can definitely respect what Nissan has done with the Frontier (I have been waiting for a "new" Tacoma for a long time). Besides the four doors, the stepside and some minor cosmetic changes the Tacoma has really changed in almost seven years!

Next point to consider. The revamped Pathfinder. With 240-250 horses (depending on the transmission), the Pathfinder blows away the 4Runner in terms of power. The 4Runner design is older than the Pathfinder, but yet like the Frontier the Pathfinder continues to grow. Rumor is the next generation Pathfinder is set to grow even larger, while rumor also is the next 4Runner is going to drop significantly in price and Toyota is going to aim it at the Xterra! Man o man... Hate to be a 4Runner enthusiast! The Pathfinder is moving up in scale and the 4Runner is moving down...

Now onto the cars. The brand new Camry is out. I already read some reviews. Great car, but almost bland when compared to the new Altima on its way. Altima? Shouldn't the Camry be compared to the Maxima? Not no more. The once tame Altima now has 240 horses and is aimed at the Camry devision, which with its best engine still only has 192. The all new Camry basically has no engine/power changes for the new car. The Nissan has almost fifty more horses. And the Maxima? Its once direct competition, has moved up scale to compete with cars like the Avalon. The Maxima has almost 260 horses now. There isn't too many other cars in this class that can compete.

With the new Nissan fullsize on the way, I can bet you it is something that will not be a disappointment. Apparently it will have no regular cab model (which may peeve a few), but will be equipped with either a four door crew cab like version or an Xtra/Access cab like version with the familiar suicide doors. Nissan has said it will definitely be a fullsize truck, and not an "almost full-size truck" like the slightly smaller Tundra.

I have always been a die hard Toyota fan, but Toyota is very slow to change, and Nissan as of late has been updating their vehicles every year. It will be interesting to see when the Nissan truck debuts...
  • Options
    chevytruck_fanchevytruck_fan Member Posts: 432
    hey toddstock I seem to remember you posting stupid irrelevent junk on the FordvsChevyvsDodge 1ton board so shut up .
  • Options
    chevytruck_fanchevytruck_fan Member Posts: 432
    nissan is doing really bad, it is second in down sales only to Chrysler, something like 18% last month.
  • Options
    What are you talking about you classy fan you??? I'll tell ya what... I will not tell you to shut up, cuz I have what is called class... But, you wouldn't know about that word, so never mind...
    I don't go on other forums a gazillion times like your wonderful classy you know what... Your SEEM TO REMEMBERING doesn't seem to be doing to good, so you bess lay off the narcotics....
    Your memory isn't serving you very good at this point in your life apparently.. Unless of course you are just into starting chit with people, which is my guess....

Oh, and lemontruckfan, be sure and have a wonderful evening... I missed ya boy.. Where ya been????
  • Options
    Excellent post. At least you see the wannabe Tundra for what it really is. Too bad the people that bought them don't. Well that is their problem. I've been watching what Nissan has been doing and they ARE doing it. I'm also looking forward to the new Nissan fullsize when it arrives. Anything has got to be better than a Tundra or a 4Runner.
  • Options
    hillhoundhillhound Member Posts: 537
    that the new Nissan fullsize will be the real deal (unlike the 2/5 ton Tundra). I'm looking forward to seeing it, and I'm sure all off the Toyota brand loyalists are too!
  • Options
    Why in Gods name are there Chevy owners posting on this topic... Either you feel threatened by Toyota, or you literally have no lives... It's one or the other, and those aren't very good options for ya...

Why would you WASTE your lifes time posting on a Toyota forum if you don't like Toyota or don't feel threatened??? I just don't get it, and apparently either do you...
  • Options
    O.B. is going to tell Flyer anything that is said.. Isn't that sweet???
  • Options
    I am still a "die-hard" Toyota fan, but I think it would be silly to ignore what Nissan has done in just the past two years alone. Some pretty innovative stuff from a company that was on the verge of collapse not long ago.

I like the Tundra and I always have, but I cannot figure out why Toyota chose to make it the size it was. I remember reading preliminary reports of the Tundra/T150 long before it came out. Many predicted (automotive journalists) that it would be on par (as it relates to size) with the F150. Well, the final product didn't. It is still the same width as the T100, but is a bit longer. I really cannot understand why they didn't go all the way. I think if its dimensions were a bit closer to the domestics, we wouldn't have all the American truck owners bashing it so much.

With that having been said, the Tundra is a great truck, minus its hideous back seats. I don't care what anyone says, Chevrolet/GMC have by far the best back seat arrangement in any full-size extended cab truck. I could definitely live with the Tundra's back seats, but the Silverado/Sierra definitely outclasses the Tundra is this regard. Toyota better solve this rather serious problem soon, because like I was saying about Nissan (and probably Honda too), its full-size truck will not have such a problem. I'll give that to Nissan. They are definitely closely watching the market. Watching the Tundra with a very scrutinizaing eye. They are not going to have the problems the Tundra has had. I'll guarantee it. And the problems the truck does have (which more than likely it will like any new model) I'll bet Nissan rectifies them rather quickly. Like it did with the Frontier. Like it did with the Pathfinder. Toyota better watch itself, and in my opinion better start solving some of its problems (ie - the Tundra backseats) more quickly (like Nissan has recently done) or it will be left behind.

I love my Toyotas, but I'm not afraid to point out their faults. Don't get me wrong, I've owned a 1983 Toyota 4X4, a 1989 Toyota 4Runner, a 1990 4X4 V6, a 1993 Toyota Xtracab V6, a 1993 Toyota T100 4X4 SR5, and now a 1999 Toyota Tacoma 4X4 V6. I will probably have a Tundra within the next couple of months (even with its cramped backseats), but for sure my second choice would definitely be a Chev Silverado Z71. As much as I love Toyota, I'm not going to be ignorant and say Chevy makes a bad truck. They make great trucks, as does Dodge (my next choice), and Ford (my last choice). All have their strong and weak points, but here in 2001, we don't have too many vehicles with the reputation of a Yugo anymore.
  • Options
    "#71 of 73 Guess I will repeat myself just to get on your nerves by toddstock Sep 08, 2001 (09:26 pm)
    Why in Gods name are there Chevy owners posting on this topic... Either you feel threatened by Toyota, or you literally have no lives... It's one or the other, and those aren't very good options for ya...

Why would you WASTE your lifes time posting on a Toyota forum if you don't like Toyota or don't feel threatened??? I just don't get it, and apparently either do you..."

Funny dude, I was thinking the same thing about you.
  • Options
    Now why would O.B. Flyer anything what is said???

Hes a moderator and reads everything that goes on
  • Options
    PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
    If you guys want to talk about each other, PLEASE find another place to do so. This is SUPPOSED to be about the trucks.

You KNOW the drill... let's stop the foolishness.

PF Flyer

Host

Pickups & News & Views Message Boards

• Options
    well maybe edmunds should make each user post their email?

Just a suggestion
  • Options
    Why are you (supposedly thinking) the same thing??? I own a Tundra, and don't think it is a waste of my time reading a Tundra forum... I do think it would be a waste reading a Chevy forum though, so yet again, you are making no sense what so ever imo... This one is for you Flyer... I love my Tundra...
  • Options
    rwellbaum2rwellbaum2 Member Posts: 1,006
    The only reason chevy owners would incessently post to a Tundra specific topic is their secret desire to own one. They bought the wrong truck this time. However, if they can keep their silverados out of the shop long enough to sell them, they could purchase a great truck....the TUNDRA!!!!!!! They would be happy individuals and have no need to post bashes to chevy, dodge or ford topics.
  • Options
    ratboy3ratboy3 Member Posts: 324
    I suppose it's Toyota's history to classify a vehicle smaller than the domestic. Please correct me if I'm wrong about the classification of the Buick Century as mid-size sedan. The Camry (also please correct me if I'm wrong again!) is also a mid-size. My aunt owns both and the Camry is smaller. I dunno the years of the cars though.

4 full size doors have been around since the 70's (as far back as I can remember) Not sure who made it first. We've had (in the Philippines) several Toyota's and Izusu's small pick-up trucks with 4 full size doors and long bed. We used them in the farm.

Not a big fan of the plastic cladding as well. I hope Nissan don't over do it with the coming full size truck. But that's just my personal taste.
  • Options
    Now where exactly would this topic be without the Chevy owner posting. Correct...talking about Nissan trucks.

Rwell-
    Believe me when I say that I have no desire to own a Tundra. Then again, I wasn't shopping for a midsized truck.
  • Options
    Your Lemoado has been in the shop over 4 months. What were you shopping for? If it was one of the lousiest trucks that GM ever built - I think you succeeded.
  • Options
    Still wasting your lifes time posting on this forum, huh???? What a life you must live..... I can actually say I feel sorry for you... You apparently have no life, and bought a truck that was in the shop for like a very long time, and you still defend it... LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
  • Options
    PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
    End of topic.

Some sound advice... let it go... NOW.

PF Flyer

Host

Pickups & News & Views Message Boards

This discussion has been closed.