Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Most Unusual Pickups

lemkolemko Member Posts: 15,261
Anybody have any stories about the most unusual pickup trucks? Some that come to mind are the car-based Chevrolet El Caminos and Ford Rancheros. How about the rear-engined Chevrolet Greenbrier rampside pickup? Maybe the Ford Econoline pickup? How about some unusual imports such as the Subaru BRAT, the VW Rabbit-based pickup?
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    sonjaabsonjaab Member Posts: 1,057
    The Rampage ? car pu that was a Omni-Horizon ?
  • Options
    lemkolemko Member Posts: 15,261
    Rampage was the Dodge version of the Omnirizon pick-up. It carried the front end clip of the O24 "sport" version of the Omni. I think the Plymouth version was the TC3.
  • Options
    maplemaple Member Posts: 16
    Had to be a 1961 Studebaker Pickup. Had one on the farm for a while. Was a unibody, sat low to the ground, and would backfire like a cannon!
  • Options
    tjparkertjparker Member Posts: 25
    Hudson pickups may have been the first of the Ranchero/El Camino-like car-based pickups (though many brands shared the same body style between their cars and trucks before the war). Came out in the late 40's, I think. There's an excellent example at: http://www.midusa.net/~ggsoldan/46Hudson.html.

A friend of mine tried to get me to buy a '49 he had for sale about 25 years ago. Wish I had!

This discussion has been closed.