Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2003 Silverado Changes

mentor34mentor34 Member Posts: 60
edited March 2014 in Chevrolet
Anybody have any information about pending or proposed changes for Chevy Silverado's in 2003? I'm balancing the current $2002 rebate on a 2500HD against the possibility of significant changes in 2003 that may significantly effect resale value of prior year models. Any info on Ford F-150 changes would be appreciated as well.

Comments

• ricschricsch Member Posts: 540
    www.cheersandgears.com
  • ryanbabryanbab Member Posts: 7,240
    supposidly at the chicago autoshow they are going to have the updated silverado. I am taking my digital camera and will post pics if they have it
  • jrosasmcjrosasmc Member Posts: 1,711
    Is Chevy going to discontinue the 4.3-liter Vortec in 2003?
  • mlemoine1mlemoine1 Member Posts: 5
    got my new copy yesterday.they have pics of the 2003 chevy,it has the av grille,no other exterior changes.they talk about the new interior,but don't have any pics.I'm really interested in the new interior,chevy better step up to the plate this time,I'm tired of all the cheap looking plastic.
  • txyank1txyank1 Member Posts: 1,010
    live with an Av-style grille as long as it doesn't get too Av-like. Cheap materials is just one way they try to keep the costs down and unfortunately all the Mfg. do it. I cringed when I bought a '78 Mercury Zephyr, but then I realized everybody's cars had plastic interiors then.
  • ricschricsch Member Posts: 540
    yes, that's the one. Thanks
  • chevyman16chevyman16 Member Posts: 2
    The 2003 Silverado will have the option to get XM radio. XM is all run off of a satellite which means that you can pick up about 200 stations anywhere in the United States. Don't you hate it when your traveling and the station your listening to goes static and eventually you loose the station. Now this will never happen again. This option currently is only available on some Cadillacs but in 2003 GM is extending the availability to Chevy, GMC, Pontiac, and Buick.
    I know what the new things that are coming to the chevy trucks include. I cant really say to much more cause i am bound to secrecy (honestly). An article will be coming sometime around a little after this friday on another website i cant say cause PF will say i am promoting that site. There will be pics also.
  • mlemoine1mlemoine1 Member Posts: 5
    check out gm-trucks.com on 2-6.they are suppose to have pics of new 03's.
    and friday more pics from the chicago autoshow
  • jgmilbergjgmilberg Member Posts: 872
    Looks like they give it the Trailblazer's steering wheel and radio, dual climate controls, 4 wheel steering available on 1/2 and 3/4 ton models, including Yukon/XL/Tahoe/Suburban, not just Sierra Denali. Ryan the GMC didn't change as much as the Chevy, you may just end up with a professional grade truck when it's tie to buy next time.

http://www.cheersandgears.com/boards/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=168

http://www.detroitnews.com/2002/autosinsider/0202/06/c01-408646.htm

the flared rear fenders and cab lights on the Sierra it ought to have the 4ws. Now it's Bass mouth looks "pouty". Egad....It looks even more like an F150!! I wonder how that console opens. I told GM how stupid the current one is for paaenger convenience.
    i like the sierra but one thing that would keep me from buying it is (i know its stupid) the rims. Dont like the gmc on em.

For now i keep my truck as long as possible. Id love to find a used 98 with low miles to put in storage for a few yrs :)

But i am dreaming
    Looking at e-bay yesterday.....a '90 454SS with 87 miles on it. Over $14k. An '85 with 69k miles don't remember price.
    i want a 98
  • eric2001eric2001 Member Posts: 482
    Would do as well. Kinda wish I still had mine, but someone else decided to test my side impact capabilities.

I am in the same boat as you Ryan.
  • zigster38zigster38 Member Posts: 117
    I guess not...too bad, would like to see the new inline 6 in the 'ado.
    seem it in person friday. Doesnt look as bad as in pics but i still dont like it. Fron the fender flare to the front lights they added 6 inches (appx) of sheet metal. Front end extends to far out. They had a "03" 1500 CC and a 02 150 CC next to each other. Only thing i liked about the 03 were the tail lights. Kinda bubbled out

If i was gonna buy a new one id go gmc remove the gmc on the front and change out the rims.
  • obyoneobyone Member Posts: 7,841
    big mouth bass look. And yes, I can't believe how dam ugly those rims are on the current and new ones. GM must think that truck drivers don't care what their rims look like cause they ARE gross.
    on my '01 and don't think they're a bad looking wheel at all. I do prefer the look of chrome.The same wheel in chrome and 8.5" width would work for me.
  • mdub16mdub16 Member Posts: 8
    If you don't like the look of the rims just get aftermarket rims. just my opinion though. I've always hated factory rims. When I got my truck the first thing I bought for it were new rims.
    I really like the chevys factory rims

Gmc needs some styling help though
  • rcoosrcoos Member Posts: 167
    Will the 1500 (1/2 ton) be avaialbe with the temperature gage ? I think the new 2003 Silverado looks much better then the older Silverados.

rcoos

p.s. I will be ordering a 2003 Silverado, it seems to me that all you 1999-2002 model owners are a little p***** off that you didn't wait for a far superior Silverado !
    "it seems to me that all you 1999-2002 model owners are a little p***** off"

Nope i love my 2000 and wouldnt trade it
    so....I'll be looking again....something tells me it will probably be a LX470
    You've been reading too much of GM's propaganda.
    "far superior" SIERRA!
  • dave40dave40 Member Posts: 582
    ?
  • tgravo2tgravo2 Member Posts: 70
    I've seen pics of the 03 Silverado, and it has the same front end as the Avalanche. GMC does not have an Avalanche clone vehicle, so does anyone know what the 03 Sierra will look like? Any links for pics?
  • saddaddysaddaddy Member Posts: 566
    Go to that gm-trucks.com and look for it. They have a few pics. I think the Rado looks alot better, for a change. Until now I have always been partial to the Sierra.
    I am a chevy man and i can honestly say i would buy a sierra as my next truck
    Best take a look a Dodge first. They are building one mother of a truck. Dang talk about big block, naturally aspirated Lightning killer.
    I do like the Taho/Sub. grille. But I don't like the Black plastic around the Silverado grille, the upper bumper cap, and the side molding as compared to the Sierra.
    BTW......if a Sierra has "large mouth bass" grille, what the heck does a Dodge have???
    "BTW......if a Sierra has "large mouth bass" grille, what the heck does a Dodge have???"

Ever look at the backside of a bass?
    looks more like a Bass mouth than the Sierra. The problem with the Sierra grille is it looks too much like a Ford.
  • tomh12tomh12 Member Posts: 240
    I think the problem is that Ford tried to copy the GMC "BIG MOUTH BASS" grille. Or was it the TACO grill that Ford copied.
    LOL
    Tom
This discussion has been closed.