Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Tire milage on F250

hudson5hudson5 Member Posts: 28
edited March 2014 in Ford
I have a 2000 superduty crewcab. I have 50K miles from the original general grabbers. I need to get tires pretty soon. What kind of milage have you got with your 235/85-16 ? what brand?

I do about 90% highway 10% offroad driving.
I'm looking at the pirelli norseman, bridgestone dueller & fisk phantom, pathfinder.

Are the michellin & BFG's worth the price.

Any ideas / suggestions appreciated.

Thanx,

David

Comments

• Options
    mullins87mullins87 Member Posts: 959
    IMO you've done well with 50k on those tires.
  • Options
    jcave1jcave1 Member Posts: 137
    Man, I hope these steelies last that long. No idea what the next set will be.
  • Options
    mullins87mullins87 Member Posts: 959
    Jerry, do you know anything about mixing tires on a DRW setup? I have found myself in a situation where the front tires have considerably more tread on them than the rear tires, and the fronts are in need of a rotation. Can I mix the tread depths by either putting the front tires on the inside or outside? I used to work for a trucking company. We would put a new tire right beside a nearly wornout tire with no apparent problems. There is bound to be a rotational/distance difference between the two. Or do the tires "bounce" along enough that it never becomes a problem?
  • Options
    jcave1jcave1 Member Posts: 137
    Jim,

Sorry, I've less than no idea. This might be good question for Smokey Wren on the f-d board. That man has more information than anybody I know of. It's his hobby and he's very well informed. Just amazes me the depth of his knowledge.

Good luck,
    Jerry
  • Options
    mdmark1211mdmark1211 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2001, F250, V10, 4x4 and have over 56K on the original rubber. They still look good, probably another 25K left. FYI they are Firestones.
  • Options
    jdtopperjdtopper Member Posts: 58
    ...'00 350 CC LWB 4x4 PSD. Mostly highway miles, some off-road. Mine are feathering a bit and showing some uneven wear, but look like they'll last another 10-15k or so. I've been rotating them every 5k.

It has been pulling slightly right for a while, so I re-balanced and re-aligned last Tuesday for the first time. I was amazed at the difference it made in the feel of the steering and the way it tracks down the road now. It might be that the majority of the uneven wear was due to poor alignment.

JT
This discussion has been closed.