Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Toyota Tundra vs. Chevrolet Silverado

Comments

• Options
    beliasbelias Member Posts: 316
    jreagan likes to assert his own subjective opinions above any facts in this comparison. That is why he always ends up resorting to either say the Tundra is ugly or that the Silverado will have a feature next year or later this year.
    I think this board has worn out on me... I respect pmusce's posts much more than yours because he is using numbers from both Toyota and Chevy's sites and he is able to accept the fact that he has occasionally made mistakes; like many of us have. But you jreagan, have yet to post any numbers from Toyota's site. You like to cotinually avoide answering even straight-forward questions directly. Instead you bring up other off-subject topics that distract readers from actually dealing with the comparison.
    If you want to learn anything (which I think is the real issue here -- you don't) from what people are posting here, you need to deal with separate issues separately! There is a revelation for you!
    I think the other aspect, though I've mentioned it dozens of times is that you're taking this way too personally. That is why you keep attacking others when you can't substantiate your own claims. I even quoted for you where you questioned Toyota's reliability for you and you still didn't own up to it, even though it was YOUR post.
    Bottom line, I see nothing substantial that you've brought to this discussion other then get people to be distracted from actual direct comparisons.
    Pmusce is at least making good efforts to post down numbers and facts and we're collectively weeding out mistaken information.
    Just do us all a favor and go to Toyota's web site and at least LOOK at the numbers, specs; take the tours, etc. Do all the things other posters are doing here. I'm posting from Chevy and Toyota's site; pmusce is doing so too, kdhspyder is as well, even the Titan guy is doing it and he doesn't have much vested interest in where this goes. Just do that for us, and then make some posts on what you've observed.
    Hearing you call the Tundra ugly for the nth time is just not productive. You have a right to your opinion -- and I've said this over and over again -- get what ever you want and say how you feel about the trucks, but don't misrepresent the information for your benefit! That doesn't give you any credibility. And knocking women drivers with your past posts leads me to believe that you're posting simply to "flame" not actually make a useful contribution.
    Anyhow, I'm done with this forum, there isn't much new that hasn't been already covered. I think the main discoveries for me about the Silverado are the 12-way power seats on both sides, locking differential, and perhaps some heating for the rear-seat passengers. I still wish it had a bigger rear seat -- and yes, I would use that extra space as I have two large dogs to deal with and cart around -- unfortunately only the Dodge Ram offers something like that and it is a full 19" longer of a truck. Glad to hear that the 2008 Titans will get full beds and more configurations to boot too. That truck has one of the best interiors! Have fun with the forum!
  • Options
    jreaganjreagan Member Posts: 285
    Actually, that is incorrect... the Silverado is 229.9" and the Tundra is 228.7" (crew cabs for both). So, the Tundra is getting a total of 4.2" extra inches from the space they're using than the Silverado. That is getting 6" interior - 3" exterior + 1.2" shorter than the SIlverado...

And this saying what?
    Bottom line: Tundra is sacrificing box space for rear seat cab space, correct?
    There is no direct advantage or disadvantage here, it is all dependant on which you value more. I personally would rather have the extra box space since I think the back seat in the Crewcab GM's is more than sufficient. Now, if I planned on chaufering around NBA players, then I may rethink that.
    I sat in the backseat of the GM Crewcab again today and it was plenty roomy, not cramped one bit. More room then our full size 4-door sedan has (2004 Impala).
  • Options
    gtoskylinegtoskyline Member Posts: 68
    Active-TRAC (A-TRAC) is the system for off-road 4WD vehicles. This system consists of independent four wheel brake control system and engine torque control system. This system applies the brake to any spinning wheel, and sends torque to the other wheels with grip. Therefore, the vehicle gets strong LSD(Limited Slip Differential) effect, and it has the same traction performance as a center and rear differential locked vehicle.

A-Trac has been proved in other Toyota off-roaders like FJ Cruiser, Land Cruiser, 4Runner.

Tundra 4x4 comes with A-Trac standard.
  • Options
    Good, I am tired of you twisting around my words anyway. "Don't let the door hit you in the....(insert body part here) on the way out".

I even quoted for you where you questioned Toyota's reliability for you and you still didn't own up to it, even though it was YOUR post.

I replied, asking you where in that post did I say Toyota's had poor reliability? IT DOESN'T SAY THAT!!!!!!!! DUH!!! I merely stated you cannot rate a BRAND NEW, segment entering truck based on previous small trucks or cars ratings. Reliability on the Tundra is yet to be known, by anyone!!! Period. GM has redesigned theirs many many times over the past 100 yrs, and yes, this is a new design as well, so reliability on the new GM's is also yet to be known for sure, but predicting their reliability is much more accurate since they have been improving on a current platform for decades. Got it?

You have no clue as to how much research I have done or where I have done it. I have been to Toyota's website, many times. I have also been inside a Tundra. Have you been inside both? Driven either? Just because I do not value magazine's opinions and biased comparisons does not make me uneducated on the subject. Go reread my posts, most of the time I am defending GM, not bashing Toyota. And the only way I do bash Toyota is on personal subjective opinions, which I have a right to do. I also have criticized Toy fans for misrepresenting the GM's and their beloved Toys.
    I have said many times that I think the Tundra is a good truck, but I do not believe it is better then the GM's. I also add my personal opinion about the ugliness of it, what's wrong with that? Why does this forum just have to compare hard numbers and facts, many of which are inaccurate or subjective anyway (such as towing ratings). I still want to know how GM and Toy (and all other's for that matter) come up with these bogus overinflated ratings anyway. What criteria do they use and do they use the same criteria? I highly doubt it.

Oh and BTW, the blonde joke was just that.. A JOKE!!! Hence the "hahaha" after it, geez, lighten up for cryin' out loud. Like you've never told a blonde joke before? You're unbelievable.
  • Options
    What about on-road traction while in 2wd? How often does the average person use 4wd or goes offroad? Based on everyday use, especially on boat ramps, etc, the rear locker is a huge benefit. Why can't Toy fans admit that an obviously good feature such as a rear locker is worthwhile?
  • Options
    gtoskylinegtoskyline Member Posts: 68
  • Options
    Limited slip is good, Rear locking is BETTER!!!
  • Options
    pmuscepmusce Member Posts: 132
    Belias,

In case your interested, I understand chevy is coming out with its own 'mega cab' to counter the Ram. I can't remember the name of it at this moment and I'm not sure when it's coming out. My guess would be 2008/9.
  • Options
    I re-checked my numbers and yours are right.
  • Options
    drfilldrfill Member Posts: 2,484
    That is a pretty good guess, considering Toyota will not have full-ramp up of CrewMax until the end of April, at the earliest.

I predict Tundra will reach 20k a couple of times this year, most probably Sept. and Dec. of this year.

Next year, I'd be shocked if 220k is not reached.

DrFill
  • Options
    kdhspyderkdhspyder Member Posts: 7,160
    Here are the numbers off the two respecitive sites for the same configurations.

From my post #1016 in this forum:

GMT900 EC 2WD 5.3L ... DC 2WD 5.7L
    Model ....Silvy .... Sierra .... Tundra
    Base Pr. 28590 .... 28990 .... 28110
    Freight.... 900 ....... 900 ......... 645
    Total..... 29490 .... 29890 .... 28755 ( $700 and $1100 less expensive )

But the T900's are missing the following equipment
    6 Speed tranny - Not Available at any price
    Side and curtain airbags - $395
    Stabilitrak - $425
    Tow Package!!! - $675
    Damped Tailgate - $95

So just to bring the T900's up to the same equipment level as the Tundra you have to add $1590 to a Base which is already $700 to $1100 higher than the Tundra.

Unquote
    Again this is for the 5.3L the 6.0L is more and the Max Trailering package has to be added to get the top towing capacity. That's a significant pricing advantage for the Tundra ( or alternately a content advantage if the prices are kept the same ).

Now the pricing in Canada may be entirely different, I know that there is a lot of discussion about it on Ts but the impression I got was that the Tundra was very very reasonable.
  • Options
    None are out yet. The initial ones like in every launch will be at or near MSRP of about $45000.

When some are available after 6 months like the T900's it'll be a good comparison.
  • Options
    Short year.. that sounds about right to me 150K to 170K.

Gas gets over $3/gal and stays there for a while every one will take it in the neck.

But to complete the scenario

T900's 950K
    F150 725K
    Ram 250K
    Tundra 160K
    Titan 40K
  • Options
    Based on an article I read while on an airplane traveling this past week, Evidently Toyota overspent by over $400 Million dollars on the San Antonio plant and will need to recover that loss in sales, so don't expect any pricing discounts and higher list prices are expected until this loss is made up. So much for Toyota being immune to financial issues, and this is just the beginning.
    Toyota buyers will be paying for this financial blunder. GM buyers are still receiving significant discounts off msrp even though GM has their own financial shortcomings to overcome. hmmm, different philosophy I guess.
  • Options
    KCRamKCRam Member Posts: 3,516
    Two things about your prediction:

- that's F-Series, not F-150. That sales volume includes 150 through 550.

- the Ram won't drop that far for two reasons... the Cummins diesel in the HD trucks, and the dealer network - there are still those who are concerned about service and familiarity, especially if they're on the road a lot. Plus, the Ram will add 4500/5500 models later this year that will go on the ledger as well. The Ram will still sell in the 325K range.

kcram - Pickups Host
  • Options
    KCRamKCRam Member Posts: 3,516
    Toyota only gains revenue if they increase the invoice price to the distributors. They get no benefit from retail markup at the distributor or dealer levels.

kcram - Pickups Host
  • Options
    "Short year.. that sounds about right to me 150K to 170K.

Gas gets over $3/gal and stays there for a while every one will take it in the neck.

But to complete the scenario

T900's 950K
    F150 725K
    Ram 250K
    Tundra 160K
    Titan 40K "

For comparison here are the 2006 numbers:
    T900's 850K
    F150 800K
    Ram 365K
    Tundra 125K
    Titan 72K

Wow kdhspyder, you predicting a hell of a drop for Ram (115K) and a significant % drop for Titan with the T900's picking up most of the gain. I'm not sure things will shift that drastically. Here's my full prediction:

T900's 900K
    F150 750K
    Ram 320K
    Tundra 155K
    Titan 60K
  • Options
    Just wanted to share this with you...

As most of you probably know, I have ordered a new GMC Sierra SLT 4x4 6.0l. The dealer had offered me $11,500 for my trade. After mentioning this to my brother, he immediately said he wanted to buy my truck. Well, I told him he would have to pay me the $11,500 plus the $750 in sales tax savings I would be saving by trading it in since you only pay sales tax on the net purchase price after trade in. Well, my dealer then mentioned we could do a dealer "pass-thru" which means I would trade it in for $11,500, saving me the sales tax and they would turn around and sell it to him for $11,500 plus a small documentation fee (for title transfer, etc). He still pays sales tax, but didn't have to pay me my tax savings.
    Anyway, he sold his truck in order to buy mine and has been without a vehicle for the past 2 weeks or so while waiting for mine to arrive. It was due to arrive last Wed and I was planning on picking it up today. But since we have had 2 consecutive snowstorms here in MN over the past week (10 inches last weekend and 14" late last week) The transport company could not get it there on Wed. Keep in mind, my dealer is no longer able to make any money on my trade, so my purchase is their only source of profit, and they sold to me at invoice, so their profits are limited to about 6% in dealer "holdbacks" and maybe a few hundred dollars in other factory volume discounts. I wasn't in a big hurry since I have a truck and I kinda preferred to wait until the storms passed to take delivery anyway. But my brother was without a vehicle and wanted my truck. The dealer said to come on in anyway and trade in my truck so he can take it and they gave me a FREE loaner to use until my truck is ready for delivery about mid-week. The truck will be there on Monday, but I am having several dealer-installed accessories put on. The dealer did NOT have to do this and offered this without me even mentioning it. Then today, I asked about GM's "Auto Butler" program. It is a paint sealant program where every 6 months for 5 years (10 times total) you bring in the truck and they detail it inside and out and reapply the paint sealant. So, basically for 5 yrs I do not have to detail or wax my truck. This program sells for $500. I mentioned that a friend of mine bought a $50k Yukon Denali last Dec and they threw in the Auto Butler for free. I mentioned that I didn't necessarily expect the same deal since he spent $50k and paid well over invoice. I kinda was hoping to get him to knock off $100 bucks or so, or maybe even half price? Well, he then said he would give it to me for $99. Remember, he did this for me AFTER the deal was done and paperwork was signed. He did NOT have to offer me even one penny off. I am pretty sure they will not make money at $99, but he knew I wanted it and wanted me to be happy. How's that for being treated right? In the long run, offering me that will pay off for them because I will tell this story as I am sure many others will and it will bring them more business. I know one guy at work now who is thinking of buying a new GM and I will highly recommend this dealer to him. Yet another reason GM has such a loyalty base.
  • Options
    Yep they bumped the cost from $800 Million to $1.2 Billion in order to add 50K of initial immediate production there.

As to incentives... from day one they have been subventing the financing rate which is unheard of by Toyota on an initial launch. From the first week some dealers have also been offering up to $2500 off sticker. That's another shocker if true.
  • Options
    Well, I saved about $4k off sticker, plus recieved $2k in rebates and got 0% for 36 months. Not bad huh?
  • Options
    good catch on the F-Series.. You're right of course.

Both Ford and Dodge are downsizing. Ford's I know already effect the F-series with the closure of Norfolk. Dodge? maybe too early to tell.
  • Options
    Toyota only gains revenue if they increase the invoice price to the distributors. They get no benefit from retail markup at the distributor or dealer levels.

Of course not, but higher invoice pricing drives up MSRP pricing.
  • Options
    Depending on your equipment it's about the same as the $2500 discount, if true, offered on the new Tundras. You save a more with 0% than 2.9%
  • Options
    But right from jump street Toyota's MSRP's, and probably their invoices, are well below both the Silvy and the Sierra....all equipment being equal.

By doing this it makes GM react, as in your case, by being more agressive. Making the other guy 'blink' is always a good thing in business.
  • Options
    Not according to my research. I priced the Toyota and it listed higher with equivalent equipment. About $1500 higher if my memory serves me correctly. Mine listed for about $42.5K and the Tundra was close to $44K
  • Options
    I showed the MSRP's above. Those are right off the websites.
  • Options
    I am referring to the MSRP's for the top-tier models. GMC Sierra SLT Crewcab with 6.0l and the Tundra Crewmax Ltd with 5.7L. I even asked others what they found for MSRP on a fully loaded Tundra and it was around $45K. Mine was $42.5K (MSRP) $39K (Invoice) Loaded with EVERYTHING except Nav/rear DVD.
  • Options
    PS: Even though I am excited to be getting my new truck next week. Today was a very sad day for me selling my 2000 to my brother. That truck has been awesome for me. I do feel glad that it is still in the family and not going to some stranger who may not take care of it the way I did. But it was tough seeing it in his driveway this afternoon. Would I be saying this if I had reliability issues with it? Oh, and BTW, I went through this same thing 7-1/2 years ago when I sold my 89 to my best friend and bought my 2000 brand new. And yes, he had continued GREAT luck with my 89 and drove it until just last year before buying a new one. It has almost 300K miles on it and is still going strong.
  • Options
    westfieldindwestfieldind Member Posts: 1
    At the North American International Auto Show in Detroit in January 07, I performed the following unscientific and admittedly subjective test on display models of the new Tundra, the new Silverado, the Titan, the F-150, and the Dodge Ram. 1. Open driver side door. 2. From the outside of the truck, brace your right knee against the exterior sheet metal about 1 foot above the door bottom and about 2-3 inches from the open edge of the door (where it's strongest and you won't bend the sheet metal). Take your right hand, grab hold of the top edge of the door frame above the window and pull the top edge toward you. I describe this s you can do this test yourself, if so inclined, preferably when the salesperson is not looking.

On the Dodge, Ford, and Chevy, there was no discernable flex in the door when subjected to this stress. On the Nissan there was about 1.5-inch of flex in the door, partly in the door itself and partly at the hinge itself. On the Toyota, there was 1-inch of flex, mostly in the door itself with a little from the hinge. Differently from the Nissan, the flexure in the Tundra door was in the door itself and not from the window frame. The Toyota has a curved shape to the door exterior, giving it some strength relative to the flat metal of the Titan door. Note that I stopped pulling before doing permanent damage--I'm 5'9" and 230 lbs, just for reference.

So what might this mean. Long term, flexure of this sort in any type of rugged use will lead to premature development of rattles. In a side impact accident, the Toyota and Nissan doors may be more easily compromised (opened or damaged) than the others. The inclusion of side air bags in the Tundra may be a partial compensation for this lighter duty construction. If this is typical of the rest of the construction, it may be a case of a vehicle being benchmarked to meet or exceed some capabilities while ignoring more fundamental characteristics of structural strength. My disclaimer--no reputable organization witnessed or certified this test--just me kicking the tires.
  • Options
    westfieldind,

You do realize that these Toy-lovers on here will disregard your findings due to lack of hard-concrete "numbers". Evidently they are unable to use common sense. ie: kdhspyder needs hard facts and numbers to understand or admit that a fully boxed frame is better.

As for flimsy doors, it is understandable since Toy's engineers obviously were prioritizing 0-60 times and making a large truck and didn't consider the entire package taking into account the "little things" that make a good truck great. Flimsy doors will not only lead to rattles, but they will also undoubtedly lead to leaky seals due to inconsistent sealing around the entire perimeter of the door. Doors and hinges that are robust and structurally more rigid will resist air leaks and door "sag" over time. But I suppose spyder will need "numbers' to understand this.
    But hey!, The Tundra has the best 0-60 time..for the next few months or so at the most (until the 6.2 GM becomes widely available). Now that's what's important, right?
  • Options
    Ok, Here are some MSRP comparison numbers obtained right here on Edmunds.com. These numbers I found to be extremely accurate with the dealer's numbers, at least on my particular vehicle. Also, these numbers are based on comparably equipped trucks, as noted.

2007 GMC Sierra SLT 4x4 with the following options:
    6.0 engine, includes SD tranny, HD rear diff, ext engine cooling, ext tranny cooling, 4 wheel disc brakes.
    20" aluminum wheels
    Power sunroof (retracts INTO roof on crewcabs)
    Side-head curtain airbags Std on Tundra
    HD trailering pkg
    Locking rear Diff (Unavailable on Tundra)
    Skid plate pkg
    Engine block heater.
    MSRP: $42,930
    Invoice: $38,995 (Price paid by me)
    Discounts: (2) $1000 rebates = $2000 total
    0% financing for 36 months
    Net price paid: $36,995 (not including finance charge savings from 0% deal)

2007 Toyota Tundra Crewmax Ltd 5.7
    Options:
    20" wheels
    Moonroof
    Cold Kit
    TRD Offroad pkg
    Daytime running lamps. std on GM

MSRP: $44,435 (closely represents actual sales price)
    Invoice: $40,070
    Discounts: None? w/ Possible $2500 off MSRP ???
    Net price: $41,935

Did I miss anything?

Now, tell me which one is less expensive?
  • Options
    Yep.. you're darn tootin'. If you can't prove any benefit other than it 'feels' better then you've bought into the Ford mechanical bling-bling hype.

You have every right to enjoy your ride but it's not better for that very questionable feature. It's only your 'impression' that's better.

...and the Tundra tows like crazy with a state-of-the-art 6 spd transmission, ( now there's something you can measure ;) ) something only a few T900 models can state. When it comes down to hard facts you're barking up the wrong tree.

The rest of your statement is supposition at best. That means it carries equal weight as 'it feels more solid'.
  • Options
    we were talking about two different vehicles. Me the EC vs DC you the CC vs the CM. Both sets of numbers are correct.

The EC Silvy/Sierra is several thousand more expensive than the DC Tundra.

The CC Silvy/Sierra is several thousand less expensive than the CM Tundra.

This leads to the obvious conclusion? [ Hint: Toy plans to produce 60-70% of the vehicles as DC's; 20+% as CM and 10-20% as Reg Cabs ]. They want to compete primarily in the DC/EC/SC/QC market so this is where their pricing is the lowest. Losing sales due to relatively higher prices will not be that critical in the RC's and CM's since the volume will be much, much smaller. Again initially there will only be 175K to 250K units made. Compete where the volume is and the pricing is best applied.
  • Options
    and the Tundra tows like crazy with a state-of-the-art 6 spd transmission,

I gave you this one, however, what about in 6-9 months when GM is able to put their 6-spd in every 1/2 ton? Then what? Also, when the higher powered 6.2l is readily available in every 1/2 ton? Better enjoy being on top of the "power" heap now, while you can, because it aint gonna last, mark my words.
  • Options
    I know.. just about the same time the HD Tundra's hit the market. Then there will be a whole 'nother discussion to have. ;)

Now here is something to consider.. and it's just Sunday afternoon speculation...
    Dodge is supposed to get a diesel 1500...soon.
    Toyota has the Isuzu engineers working on something...?

How about a 1500 diesel ( and I admit to being on thin ice here ) with a small I4 or I6 that can tow up to say 12000 lbs but get 20-25 mpg all day long with no load?
  • Options
    The EC Silvy/Sierra is several thousand more expensive than the DC Tundra.

Not according to Edmunds pricing:

2007 Chev Silvy LTZ 4x4 4dr ext cab with 6.0
    MSRP: $36,205
    Invoice: $33,119

2007 Toyota Tundra Ltd 4dr double cab w 5.7
    MSRP: $39,195
    Invoice: $35,532

Explanation please?
  • Options
    I know.. just about the same time the HD Tundra's hit the market. Then there will be a whole 'nother discussion to have.

Whose talking about HD's? GM will offer the 6.2 and the 6 spd's in the 1/2 tons. Let's stick with 1/2 tons for now. Answer the question...based on 1/2 tons please.
  • Options
    Even the GMC Sierra Denali with the 6.2 liter and the 6-spd tranny prices out similar to the Tundra LTD 5.7 with similar options.

2007 Sierra Denali AWD 6.2 liter
    with sunroof and 20" wheels:
    MSRP: $44,825
    Invoice: $40,860

See previous post #1341 for Tundra #'s

Hmm, for virtually the same price, I could have the MORE POWERFUL, FASTER Denali than the Tundra. With WAY more luxury and features.
    Tough choice???
  • Options
    toykickstoykicks Member Posts: 95
    overcompensation jreagan ;) Wish i had your time.
  • Options
    overcompensation jreagan Wish i had your time.

Huh?
  • Options
    Even though we will disagree on this point, there is no way in Edmunds or the Chevy site to spec out a 6.0L Silverado with the Max Trailering Package. It's just not there.

It is there in the Sierra!

So the correct comparo is Tundra Ltd vs Sierra SLT
    5.7L vs 5.3L Base prices, Both 4WD
    Both have Stability Ctrl & Trac Ctrl, Leather, Htd seats, premium sound systems, BT vs Onstar

Base w/Frt : $35150 ... $39195
    ADD:
    curtain A/B...... 395 .. Included
    6.0L w/MTP..... 2265 .. Included
    Tailgate Damp.... 95 .. Included
    Deck Cargo Sys. 175 .. Included
    TOTAL ........$38135 ... $39195

$1000 difference in favor of the Sierra with the equipment as equal as possible. ( no side A/B Sierra, no rear locker Tundra ) ( 4 spd tranny vs 6 spd tranny )
  • Options
    Forget the Chevy website...go to www.polarchev.com (a local dealer here in MN. Check their inventory. They have a LTZ with the 6.0 and MAX TRAILERING pkg listed on the window sticker (click on "window sticker")

I will go find the link for you right now... This will put this stupid argument to rest once and for all...
  • Options
    SILVERADO 1500 4WD CREW CAB LTZ
    VORTEC 6.0L V8 SFI GAS ENGINE W/ ACTIVE FUEL MGT TECHNOLOGY
    TRANSMISSION, 4-SPD SUPER DUTY
    Graystone Metallic
    Ebony
    MANUFACTURER'S SUGGESTED RETAIL PRICE
    Options installed by Manufacturer
    NAVIGATION RADIO W/CD/DVD/MP3
    ** REPLACES STD 6-DISC CD **
    $ 2,250.00
    P265/70R17 OOR BW TIRES
    $ 55.00
    EZ LIFT TAILGATE PACKAGE:
    LOCKING TAILGATE
    EZ LIFT TAILGATE
    $ 95.00
    SAFETY PACKAGE:
    HEAD CURTAIN SIDE AIR BAGS
    ADJUSTABLE PEDALS
    REAR PARKING ASSIST
    $ 715.00
    ELECTRIC SLIDING SUNROOF
    $ 685.00
    MAX TRAILERING PACKAGE:
    VORTEC 6.0L V8 367HP/375TOR
    4-SPEED HEAVY DUTY AUTO TRANS
    HEAVY DUTY TRAILERING AXLE
    $ 1,260.00
    OFF ROAD - SKID PLATES
    $ 95.00
    CARGO MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
    $ 175.00
    ENGINE BLOCK HEATER
    $ 50.00
    REAR SEAT ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM
    $ 1,295.00
    SILVERADO LTZ EQUIPMENT GROUP:
    12 WAY POWER HEATED BUCKET
    SEATS W/DRIVER MEMORY
    LTHR APPTD SEATING SURFACES
    OSRV MIRRORS W/POWER FOLD &
    ADJ, HEAT, TILT, TURN SIGNAL
    AND DRIVER SIDE AUTO DIMMING
    BOSE PREMIUM SPEAKER SYSTEM
    UNIVERSAL HOME REMOTE
    HEATED WASHER FLUID SYSTEM
    RAINSENSE WIPERS
    REMOTE VEHICLE START
    HD TRAILERING EQUIPMENT
    LOCKING REAR DIFFERENTIAL
    STEERING WHEEL RADIO CONTROLS
    POWER LOCKS AND WINDOWS
    INSIDE REARVIEW MIRROR, AUTO
    DIMMING, COMPASS, TEMPERATURE
    REMOTE KEYLESS ENTRY
    AUTOTRAC TRANSFER CASE
    NO CHARGE
    GVW RATING - 7,300 LBS
    NO CHARGE
    XM SATELLITE RADIO - SERVICE
    FEE EXTRA. 1ST 3 MONTHS INCL.
    $ 199.00
    TOTAL OPTIONS $5,499.20
    TOTAL VEHICLE & OPTIONS $0.00
    DESTINATION CHARGE $900.00
    TOTAL VEHICLE PRICE*** $45,864.00
    CURRENT OFFERS $-0.00
    NET PRICE $0.00

Now do you beleive me?

http://www.polarchev.com/inventory/details.aspx?id=80935&s=n&y=2007&d=Chevrolet&- - m=Silverado%201500

Click on window sticker
  • Options
    Is IS also available on the Edmunds website...Look again

http://www.edmunds.com/new/2007/chevrolet/silverado1500/100810026/options.html?a- ction=1&x=50&y=15

3rd item on options list...
  • Options
    Yep you are right and it seems that the NHT is offered as you indicate on that sticker.

I will graciously acquiece and state that you are and have been correct in the trailering issue. Nicely done.
  • Options
    no side A/B Sierra,

Huh, It certainly does have side-curtain airbags. Just cuz they call them head-side curtain airbags doesn't mean a thing. They are the same thing!!! They protect from the armrest up, and the GM's are smarter.
  • Options
    Nope the difference is that they have side curtain airbags but not a separate set of side torso airbags.

They've been to airbag school longer?
  • Options
    Sure, when you tailor the comparison to include items that are standard on Tundra and optional on GM, you can get the numbers close, but that's it...close!!! (within $1000). Try comparing with no options other than those necessary to get them equally equipped. Or randomly? Bottom line, GM's are cheaper by a MINIMUM of $1000 and the difference goes up from there.
    And this is based on MSRP's Tundras sell at MSRP, GM's sell at invoice...now crunch the numbers!!! I'll wait...
  • Options
    Their airbags are combined...same area of protection.

Smarter = They detect type of crash (side impact vs rollover) and they can stay inflated for up to 6 seconds in a rollover to prevent secondary (post-impact) injury or ejection.
    Cool huh?
  • Options
    Oh and BTW, you can get the 6.0 without ordering the Max trailering pkg for only $1000 instead of $2k+.... I know, I did it.
    So, for comparisons, opt for the 6.0 without max trailering pkg. This will make the GM's even less and will still provide everything except 4.10 gears. (You will have to add HD towing pkg for about $350 though).
This discussion has been closed.