Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Tundra Problems

bamatundrabamatundra Member Posts: 1,583
I know that this topic will not get much activity, but I think that it is important to have a topic where Tundra Owners or persons interest in owning a Tundra can post questions or comments about Tundra problems.

Comments

• PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
    But be forewarned... this will NOT be a place to argue about Brand X is better or worse than Brand Y.

It's time to show a little self control folks...

I'll also link this discussion to the Toyota Owners Clubs message boards...

• duckshooterduckshooter Member Posts: 156
    Is there a way to adjust this yourself? It's an annoyance at most and I'd like to just fix it myself. Had the same problem with my old Runner. I remember taking the post apart once to look at it but don't remember exactly what I did.

Jeff
  • big_tunabig_tuna Member Posts: 3
    . . . with the seatbelt tensioners, but all I remember is that someone suggested cleaning the mechanism out. My '94 pick-up developed that problem pretty early in life - I never fixed it.

I thought I'd post a couple of issues I have with my 2002 regular cab 4x4 Tundra (about 1600 miles on it now). . . one problem is that I can't seem to stop driving it . . . my Eurovan is languishing in the carport ever since the Tundra showed up.

But seriously, sometimes it is a little stubborn about coming out of Park unless I let it roll up against the parking detent, which is something I always try not to do with an automatic transmission. Anybody else experience this? Second problem: does anyone else think the A/C-turned-on idle speed is a little erratic? Fluctuates between 600-1100 rpm - I probably need to get this adjusted. Third and final problem: passenger's side rear leaf spring is a little off-kilter (the bottom thickest one). It is offset on the diagonal by about 3/4 of an inch. It doesn't seem to effect anything or make noise, but it bugs me a little. I wonder if I can just have the dealer loosen the shackles while it is up on a lift, straighten it and tighten it back up again? I'll be heading out for some off-roading soon, so I was thinking maybe some good whomping will straighten it out on its' own . . .
    *devilish grin*.

Other than that, what a great truck. I really like it. Anybody else out there have a regular cab 4x4? They seem pretty rare.

Cheers,

Tex
  • plutoniousplutonious Member Posts: 799
    I have a 1998 Tacoma V6 and at idle with the AC on, my engine does the exact same thing. Every minute or so, I hear what sounds like a relay "tick" and the rpms get bumped up a little. I've been told it's normal and I haven't had any problems.
    Since this discussion is linked to the Owners Clubs, (where you ARE supposed to be an owner to participate) I decided to alter the title of this since people MIGHT come here to ask about problems they might have or might be concerned about if they are inthe market for a Tundra.

This is NOT a go-ahead to continue the battle. It is NOT an OK to try and "prove" that some other vehicle is better.

You know who you are... exercise some self-control.

PF Flyer

Host

Pickups & News & Views Message Boards

• losangelesemtlosangelesemt Member Posts: 279
    I've been noticing more and more Tundra ads that are geared towards the workhorse aspect of the truck. Not sure if Toyota is changing their marketing slighty or what. Looked on back of this months Popular Science and found a Tundra being used as a work truck. Wondering if they're attempting to win over the "domestic" crowd, who are used to their trucks being worked pretty well. Thinking it might be a good marketing ploy, with the bigger and better Tundra soon to be released.
  • h0udinih0udini Member Posts: 118
    about Tundra problems, and Toyota problems in general - or more correctly, their lack of problems relative to the rest of the industry:

http://www.dailynewslosangeles.com/business/articles/0302/13/biz05.asp

Toyota took top honors in 4 spots out of 10!
  • hillhoundhillhound Member Posts: 537
    especially the great big Northridge Toyota ad on the front page and the Northridge Toyota popup ad that appeared in front of me when I clicked on the link. Luckily I keep this product handy for just such occasions...

http://www.lamer.net/bsrepel.jpg

Phew...that's better!!

• tomh12tomh12 Member Posts: 240
    You reference in your post #7 "the bigger, better Tundra soon to be released."......
    Is this the proposed 3/4 ton that was discussed in another topic that was closed?
    What is "soon"??
    Does Toyota currently have any engine large enough to handle a 3/4 ton tow/load capacity?
    Seems like there was specualtion about a 5.4L in the closed topic....do you know if Toyota is actually testing this engine?
    Has there ACTUALLY been an announcement of this vehicle by Toyota, or is this just speculation on the part of Toyota loyalists?
    Even if it is at this point speculation, what availability date are you hearing??
    IF they build it, and IF it is REALLY a 3/4 ton, I will be interested when I'm ready to replace my current vehicle.
    Are there any magazine or news articles you can steer me toward to learn more?
    Thanks for any answers you can provide.
    Tom
    3/4 ton pretty quick if they follow GMC's footsteps and simply put an Isuzu or some other manufacturer's engine in it, but then it wouldn't be a Toyota would it? Kind of how like the Duramax diesel isn't a GMC. Though that's not a bad thing...

tom, your anxiety over Toyota's venture into the full-size truck market is transparent, but that's perfectly understandable. We all know what happens when Toyota sets their sights.
  • ryanbabryanbab Member Posts: 7,240
    is the cummins a dodge?

I heard toyota might possibly use a cat diesel engine. SO i guess it wouldnt be a toyota. It would have a nice engine though
    Dodge but it has been used for an awfully long time in their Rams, as has the PSD in the Fords. GMC can't say the same; they play "musical" engines in their trucks, alternating between their own and even Japanese engines in their quest to "get it right."

I doubt the Toyota will use the CAT engine. I could be mistaken, but the diesel in their extremely successful overseas Hilux is Toyota developed, and any 3/4 ton Toyota truck offered here will probably be Toyota developed as well.
    I agree with your statements about gm jumping around with their diesel engines but i believe they will stick with the Dmax.

I dont know for sure if toyota wil use a Cat engine but i have read it in a few articles that it is a possibility

Honestly i think if they do it would be a smart move on their part but thats just me
  • mgdvhmanmgdvhman Member Posts: 4,157
    they all use others diesels....Ford and Gm have several 3/4 and 1 ton models with Gas engines.

Very poor comeback to why Toy doesn't have a 3/4....

- Tim
    I wish I had more particulars on the newer Tundra but don't. My information comes straight from Japan though. One of our fire dept. mechanics left us many years ago and went to Japan to work for Toyota in a corporate position. He was an old Navy guy and fell in love with the place I guess. I was fortunate enough to hear from him last week by chance. He told me that Toyota would be introducing a bigger truck by the year 2005, this was at least what they are planning. I suppose things change, but unofficially this is what he knows.

He couldn't give me any details though. True Toyota fashion to not leak out too many things, understandably so. I have no reason to doubt what he says. I told him I was waiting for the 03's to come out and would like to step into one. I'm not really too up to snuff on the rumors going around here in the U.S. about a possible bigger Tundra in near future. 3/4 ton, diesel, full cab ??? all these things are possible, so is a full ton I suppose, who knows.

I think there's plenty and plenty of us who could benefit from Toyota stepping up and truly making a full size work truck. Otherwise Toyota is ruled out, not necessarily due to performance issues, but simply a lack of product period. I believe the current top of line Tundra is as powerful a truck as they have. Certainly not adequate enough to match up against some of the other beasts out there.

I don't believe there has ever been any formal announcement from Toyota but not sure. I know they've thrown out some ideas at some of the bigger auto shows. Maybe someone else who follows a little closer might know. If I come across any interesting articles, i'll post them.

Cheers
  • ndahi12ndahi12 Member Posts: 235
    Year to date until the end of April for the Tundra is 32,162 units. For the same period in 2001 the Tundra had 29,981. That is 2181 units above the same time last year. That is a 6.78% increase over April of last year.

The Silverado on the otherhand had 220,748 sold YTD til April and 221,662 for 2001. That is 914 units below the same time last year. That is a 0.414% decline over last year.
    Because alot of us already have trucks and arent trading them in to buy new ones.
  • quadrunner500quadrunner500 Member Posts: 2,721
    What are you waiting for? John Elway will make you a peach of deal on a 2002 lemon tundra, all the goodies...luxurious rubber steering wheel, class leading drum brakes, powerful ferret horn.

Toyotathon!
  • twowheelertwowheeler Member Posts: 89
    FYI - The horns in the '02s are duel, domestic sounding horns. That is, they aren't peashooters.
    Thank you for your reply to my questions. I appreciate your honesty.

Tom
    Dual ferrets now? Okay, you win!

Made my decision...Yamaha FZ1 in silver.

Upright riding postion, 458 lbs dry, de-tuned R1 engine, with center stand, ferret horn!

FZ1 Picture
    My "anxiety... is transparent"???
    Are you trying to say that I am, or should be concerned, and therefore anxious, about GM loosing market share to Toyota's entry into the full size truck market?
    When I purchased my current truck, I looked at the Tundra and was DISAPPOINTED, not anxious. I found I would have to give up over 1600 pounds of towing capacity, give up payload, settle for less horse power and torque, sacrifice interior room and comfort, settle for a bed that needed side boards to equal other manufacturers' beds depth, live with a much shorter wheel base than I prefer for towing, and not have disc 4 wheel ABS, when compared to the GM 1/2 ton 4X4 SB EC.
    I compared the Tundra to the full size 1/2 ton offerings from Ford, Dodge, and GM and found that Toyota had "set their sights" and MISSED the target. Rather than introducing a truck that raised, or equaled the performance capabilities of the other full sized offerings, they introduced the Tundra, which is a step up from the T100, but BARELY in the class of full size 1/2 ton trucks, IMHO. I will again consider Toyota if and when they introduce a "bigger and better Tundra." That is why I asked Losangelesemt the questions.
    BTW, I am not "brand loyal" to GM or any other manufacturer. I purchase what I decide is the best vehicle to meet my needs. I have owned 4 GM vehicles...my current GMC pickup which I am very happy with, 1 other GMC pickup, and 2 Suburbans. I have also owned vehicles from Plymouth, Jeep, Ford, Mercury, Chrysler, Toyota, Nissan, and VW. My children currently drive 2 Toyotas, 1 Honda, and a Ford pickup.
    So please be careful when you imply that someone is PRO one manufacturer, or CON regarding another. I am PRESENTLY a satisfied GMC owner who is looking at all options for my next vehicle purchase whenever that might be. I am skeptical when anyone says "XYZ" brand does EVERYTHING best, OR worst.
    Tom
  • twowheelertwowheeler Member Posts: 89
    I said DOMESTIC SOUNDING horns. Not the typical OEM Japanese "ferret" types. Not knowing the quality of the tooters that came stock on your ride, I'd say the ones on MY Tundra are fairly authoritative.

BTW, I thought you swore off streetbikes??? And that Yamadog is kinda ugly IMO!
    I did swear off streetbikes. What can I say?

Yamadog is love it or hate it. I want to be loved for me!
  • obyoneobyone Member Posts: 7,841
    just bought a FZ1 in February. Says it does 140 in a heartbeat and scares the **** out of him. Course 140 around a volcano is kinda spooky. Also says it was a steal at $7500.
    appropriate place to discuss motorcycles.

Tom, just because the Tundra doesn't meet YOUR needs doesn't make it a bad truck. And yes, I believe Toyota has created a lot of anxiety in you folks. If it didn't, you guys wouldn't create such an uproar over a truck whose sales numbers are insignificant so far.
  • qzs4vbqzs4vb Member Posts: 14
    A couple of quotes from the all-knowing Houdini:

"3/4 ton pretty quick if they follow GMC's footsteps and simply put an Isuzu or some other manufacturer's engine in it, but then it wouldn't be a Toyota would it?"

"GMC can't say the same; they play "musical" engines in their trucks, alternating between their own and even Japanese engines in their quest to "get it right."

I gotta admit Houdini you make me laugh.

Now how about some facts:

The Duramax Diesel is produced at GM Powertrain in Moraine, Ohio. A plant that is jointly owned by GM and Isuzu. Yes the engine was jointly developed by GM and Isuzu. GM has a part ownership in Isuzu and partners with them in various projects. Why wouldn't GM use all of thier resources? Isuzu has a proven expertise in diesel engines and that is why they have been involved. For you to say that the Duramax is not a GM engine is just plain wrong.

GM's gasoline engines in the Sierra and Silverado are incredibly powerful and efficient. The 5.3 liter V8 has 285 hp and 325 ft/lbs torque while getting 16 mpg. That is in my opinion very impressive. Does your Toyota have something to rival this? This 5.3 is the engine that the vast majority of Sierra's and Siverado's have. Not enough power for ya? How about a 300 hp 6.0 liter? Need more? How about a 340 hp 8.1 liter with huge torque?

I also have to laugh at the way you think that GMC Sierra is a different vehicle from the Chevrolet Silverado. They are identical vehicles differing only in appearance. They are produced in the same plants and run down the same production lines.

I have compared the Toyota Tundra side by side with the Silverado and Sierra. And the shortcomings of the Tundra from a durability standpoint are laughable. It is a fine grocery getter, but it IS NOT a work truck, nor will it take the type of abuse that many people put thier trucks through. Look at the flimsy door handles, both inside and outside. Look at the thin gauge door hinges. Look at the the suspensions. Look at the thin gauge sheetmetal. The Toyota is a lightweight and will not hold up under heavy use. GM knows that thier trucks have a reputation for being tough, and if they skimp in these areas, the guys out there using them in a work environment will look elsewhere if they fail.
    When big Bubba decides he wants to hang off that Toyota door while its open what do you think is going to happen to those flimsy little hinges and thin sheetmetal? Its going to fail, and thats why you won't see many Toyota's out on the work site, where trucks are put to the test. And don't hook too much of a load up to the hitch, cause the motor is lacking and so are the brakes.

I know these things because I work for GM Truck Engineering, where these GM products are developed. Thats right across the street from Pontiac East Assembly, one of the locations where Silverado and Sierra are assembled.

Yeah, your misinformation and BS annoys me. That Toyota is a cute little truck, just go easy on it and you shouldn't have any problem. I know not everyone is going to use thier truck up to its limits of strength and durability, but if you decide you want to the GM full size trucks will come through for you.
    The FACT of the matter is between GMC, Ford and Dodge, ONLY GMC offered a crappy diesel to the buying public, discontinued it, then offered another one with the assistance of another manufacturer.

I'm not impressed with your GMC 5.3. It only makes 10 lb/ft more torque - and at a higher rpm -than Toyota's smaller 4.7. I know you'll never admit it, but it is RIDICULOUS GMC can't make an archaic pushrod V8 engine that runs right, ie KNOCK. Maybe it's time to enlist the help of Isuzu once again...

Funny you automatically assume I have a Toyota. I have a Ford PSD and from my point of view, all your rambling about the Tundra more accurately describes your precious GMC trucks - lightweight, troublesome "Fischer-Price" grocery getters.

YOU guys make ME laugh. Sometimes, you have to read between the lines to see the truth. Isn't it peculiar that only the GMC folks continually compare their trucks to Toyota? Doesn't this say they are too embarrased to compare with Ford or Dodge? I guess GMC won't even be a Big 3 contender anymore. Most likely, they'll be bumped by Toyota in the future and now you need a place to whine about it.

But go on, keep it up. The Ford, Dodge and even Toyota guys watch with amusement your having to compare to Toyota, the new kid on the block, to bolster your bruised ego.

Furthermore, if you don't like my "misinformation and BS" then why don't you simply leave this thread? Your posts have nothing to do with the topic.
    As usual you have stated no facts, just more of your misinformation.

I'll put the GM Trucks up against any other, bring it on pal. The Duramax diesel is a world class engine that has set the new standard for power, durability and low noise levels in diesel truck engines.

C'mon Houdini, you really don't know anything about this subject now do you? GM has got the most powerful, best selling trucks in the world. The Fords are in second place, though they are outdated, underpowered and technologically inferior, the Dodges look nice when they're new (they never have and will not hold up in the long haul), but neither is the equal of the GM products.

By the way I have a 5.3 in my truck, it doesn't knock, and I don't know anyone whose 5.3 does knock.

I think you need to grow up, just look at how angry and ridiculous you act when your misinformation is knocked down by fact. And if this thread is about Tundra's only, then why don't you stop talking smack about GM?

(Notice I said GM, not GMC. GMC is not a car/truckmaker, it is a brand)
    you say it is, would you have to insist it upon us?

If GM really was superior, why do you find Toyota so threatening? Why do you spend so much time and effort comparing everything to Toyota, whose sales numbers and product line-up are insignificant right now?

If GM really was superior, do you think your continual comparisons to Toyota, of all manufacturers, makes much sense?

Why don't the Ford and Dodge boys do the same? Do you think maybe they're a little more secure and don't feel the need to do so?

It's all very simple, really. If you don't like me talking smack about GM, quit talking smack about Toyota in Toyota threads. What a concept, huh?
    You are here talking b.s. about GM products. I am in disagreement with your statements. Is that a problem with you?

Why do you call yourself Houdini? Because you say things that are nonsense and believe that they (presto!) magically become the truth?
    You are here talking b.s. about Toyota products. I am in disagreement with your statements. Is that a problem with you?

Why do you call yourself qzs4vb? Who cares? Does a user's handle have anything to do with the content of their posts?
    I think the answer to your question in post #31 is your own words......

"I believe Toyota has created a lot of anxiety in you folks. If it didn't, you guys wouldn't create such an uproar over a truck whose sales numbers are insignificant so far."

People buy what meets their needs and desires of their own free will. The fact that Toyota has "insignificant" sales volume compared to GM or Ford, or Dodge, says everything about who has the superior product. IF Toyota was outselling the others you guys would be posting the figures every 15 minutes to show how superior your vehicles are.....LOL
    Tom
    QZS4VB? I use that because it is my computer ID at work. And I am not here saying anything that is bs.

And no your disagreement is not a problem with me. You're really not very smart are you? Do you need to resend my own message back to me? How about an original thought of your own? Bring on those facts pal. I'm anxiously waiting.
    Our host has asked repeatedly to not make personal attacks. Would I be wrong in assuming that Tundra owners (you claim not to be) would prefer some comic relief in most any form to your tired anti-GM tripe in their topic?
    comparing what you clearly think is the superior product to the most inferior (at least in your mind)?

What is the real message being sent when people continually compare to the "loser?"

Draw your own conclusions, gentlemen.
    You know what? Other people seem content with their vehicles simply because they're a pleasure to own and drive, and you don't hear a peep from them. You GMC folks, however, only seem content when you're in Toyota threads (of all places!) loudly insisting how superior your products are.

I say let the product speak for itself.
    Let me remind you, it was a Tundra owner who started the now closed topic..."Tundra VS Silverado 1/2 ton".

Let's drop the disagreement over whose vehicle is "superior" and discuss and compare features, capabilities, components, problems, etc.

Let the public vote with their pocketbooks!

Tom
    QZS4VB? I use that because it is my computer ID at work. And I am not here saying anything that is bs.

And no your disagreement is not a problem with me. You're really not very smart are you? Do you need to resend my own message back to me? How about an original thought of your own? Bring on those facts pal. I'm anxiously waiting.
    Lol ... I still have ole Johnny Elway's lot in sight. I'll have you know though, that for an extra 100 or so you can get the train horn in lieu of the ferret. Ya it would have been nice to get the 02 but I'll have to wait for the 03s I suppose. Unless they do something hideous with the design, then I might have to visit the Chev dealer.

Hey I talked to a few folks out your way the other day, and they cant wait to leave. Seems the place is too boring for them lol. Although they both have their sights set on this great city of angels here. The circus is only fun for so many years though, time for a change. Make sure YOU at least hang around that place, I don't wanna walk in and talk to Elway all alone. Maybe they'll take that GM off your hands and set ya up with one of dem foreign ones.

Cheers
  • davecrook1davecrook1 Member Posts: 13
    Just took delivery a week ago and only have about 40 miles on it but have noticed an apparent front end noise when cold. Very faint but distinct rubbing/grinding for first 5 miles after cold startup-sounds like it's coming from left front end. Anybody have any ideas. It's a 2002 Access Cab V8 4wd.
    The public did vote with their pocketbooks, and they elected Ford!
    When that big one finally cracks, and the Pacific tectonic plate separates from the North American tectonic plate, the Peoples Republik of Kalifornia will be an atoll in the pacific, and John Elway Toyota will have a new address on US 1.

You'll be glad you weren't there.
    Hey Houdini.....wheres those facts? I'm going on vacation for a week in a few minutes so I'm really looking forward to some more baseless rhetoric to laugh at before I go. Well hey if I miss ya than you have a week to come up with something. I'll check back after Memorial Day...you think real hard till then.

Another quote from the not so great houdini: "I say let the product speak for itself."

It does pal, thats why General Motors sells more full-size pick-up trucks than any other manufacturer. No re-read that real slow Houdini, I said General Motors, not GMC.
    If GM is king of heavy duty pick-ups, why haven't they offered a decent diesel for the last decade or two? And NO, their knocking gassers do not qualify as diesels! GM and people like you talk the talk, but can't walk the walk. But you sure have that knocking thing down...

You say the Duramax is going to beat everything else, huh? Did Miss Cleo tell you that, LOL?! Fine, you're entitled to your opinion, no matter how irrational, but whose been offering real diesel trucks to the American public the last decade or so? Not GM. They tried, couldn't get it right then swallowed their pride and enlisted Isuzu's help. Maybe it's time for you to swallow your pride too.

I post facts, but you don't acknowldege them. Please tell me again how great your 5.3 is, making a whopping 10 lb/ft torque at a higher RPM than Toyota's 4.7. Better yet, compare your 4.8 to the Toyota and tell me how great it is. Still better yet, tell me how great the GM diesels were.

Here's a disturbing fact: It's obvious you have an irrational bias against "Japanese" trucks, yet your beloved Chevy Duramax diesel has its roots and underpinnings in Isuzu. How does that make any sense?

Basically, you have a disdain for Japanese products, unless they're being utilized in GM products, at which time you promptly do a 180 and think they're the greatest thing since sliced bread. Read this: WISHY-WASHY.

Oh, and I apologize for ruining your vacation with these disturbing thoughts, but to be honest, you kind of brought it out upon yourself...
    Like I said before, you're just not very smart.

Must I again repeat myself, I guess so. The Duramax Diesel is produced at GM Powertrain in Moraine, Ohio. A plant that is jointly owned by GM and Isuzu. Yes the engine was jointly developed by GM and Isuzu. GM has a part ownership in Isuzu and partners with them in various projects. Why wouldn't GM use all of thier resources? Isuzu has a proven expertise in diesel engines and that is why they have been involved. For you to say that the Duramax is not a GM engine is just plain wrong.

"You say the Duramax is going to beat everything else, huh?"

Thats not what I said, this is what I said:
    "The Duramax diesel is a world class engine that has set the new standard for power, durability and low noise levels in diesel truck engines." That is fact, not my opinion. Check Wards automotive who recently put it in the Top Ten engines in the world. That by the way is a magazine highly respected in the automotive industry magazine.

"Basically, you have an irrational disdain for Japanese products, unless they're being utilized in GM products, at which time you promptly do a 180 and think they're the greatest thing since sliced bread. Read this: WISHY-WASHY."

You don't speaky zee english very well. Read slower and mouth the words. You seem to get everything twisted around.

And thanks for the last laugh, it was a good one.
    Like I said before, you're just not very smart.

Must I again repeat myself, I guess so. The Duramax Diesel is produced at GM Powertrain in Moraine, Ohio. A plant that is jointly owned by GM and Isuzu. Yes the engine was jointly developed by GM and Isuzu. GM has a part ownership in Isuzu and partners with them in various projects. Why wouldn't GM use all of thier resources? Isuzu has a proven expertise in diesel engines and that is why they have been involved. For you to say that the Duramax is not a GM engine is just plain wrong.

"You say the Duramax is going to beat everything else, huh?"

Thats not what I said, this is what I said:
    "The Duramax diesel is a world class engine that has set the new standard for power, durability and low noise levels in diesel truck engines." That is fact, not my opinion. Check Wards automotive who recently put it in the Top Ten engines in the world. That by the way is a magazine highly respected in the automotive industry magazine.

"Basically, you have an irrational disdain for Japanese products, unless they're being utilized in GM products, at which time you promptly do a 180 and think they're the greatest thing since sliced bread. Read this: WISHY-WASHY."

You don't speaky zee english very well. Read slower and mouth the words. You seem to get everything twisted around.

And thanks for the last laugh, it was a good one.
    If Isuzu wasn't part of conglomerate GM, and it introduced a full-size truck with an Isuzu engine, I bet you would be making the same stink as you do with the Tundra.

Impressive, eh? Puts Miss Cleo to shame...

BTW, great double post!
    Remember... the discussion is the trucks, NOT each other!
  • kcowboykcowboy Member Posts: 33
    ma'am, I mean qzs4vb. You need to do some more research before you open mouth. In post#45 you stated gm trucks are the biggest sellers out of all manufacturers. What a total joke! pal. The Ford F150 is the top seller in not only pick-ups but all vehicles, that is the cold hard truth. The gm pick-up is not even in the picture. Research it,Read it and WEEP. Bye the way why are you posting in a Tundra problem thread which the only problems I really see our disgruntled gm owners posting here. I think you would learn more if you stayed in the gm threads and possibly assist and help identify their numerous problems, but then again that would probably make too much sense.
This discussion has been closed.