Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Nissan Quest 2004+

inta211inta211 Member Posts: 1
If anyone has more info about this van. This is the place for that.

Comments

• eyeblindeyeblind Member Posts: 156
    An article in Friday's USA Today car section (on line edition) discusses one of the issues the two hundred technicians sent to the Quest, Titan & Armada manufacturing plant found. There were complaints of paint chips and scratches on vehicles coming from the factory. They found employees working in the paint side of production not taking off their watches and jewelry while working. This appears to be the cause of the problem. They now have to remove all jewelry and watches.
  • aomoralesaomorales Member Posts: 5
    Have anyone seen this minivan on the road. Or a spy photo that we can look at. I am holding off on buying the Nissan Quest because I heard about the new designed the Nissan is coming out. What is the ballpark figure on this baby 'coz I will definitely buy this van if they retain the style especially the roof with glass in it.
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Only photos I've seen are similar to the ones in our Future Vehicles section (I've added the link to the Helpful Links box on the left).

Don't know about pricing, and a lot can change between concept and execution.

Steve
    Host
    SUVs, Vans and Aftermarket & Accessories Message Boards
  • mburkstrandmburkstrand Member Posts: 1
    I am also interested in the new Quest 2004. I love the styling of the van, and hope they do retain quite a bit from the concept. From all that I have read (a lot from the various auto shows), the price will be around $25k. I think that if the vehicle is too radical, it will turn people off, but just enough change and I bet people (like myself, a soon-to-be father) will flock to it. Just my 2 cents.
    Mike
  • bkeigbkeig Member Posts: 1
    Are they still going with the sliding rear seats on a track concept? Or the common folks that are removable levers.
    I like my tracks and use them pretty often, esp. since I tossed the middle bench. I bet the new Quest goes to a magic seat since everyone else is.

What I really want is a shorter Quest/taller wagon with a magic second seat in the middle, and a big flat empty in the back.

Steve
    Host
  • lok888lok888 Member Posts: 1,788
    Is this a prototype or production car? It looks cool.
  • lok888lok888 Member Posts: 1,788
    Watch out Honda!
    It's the concept - expect a few changes between now and release.

Steve
    Host
  • bzielkebzielke Member Posts: 1
    Car looks great but has anybody out there priced 20 inch tires. I would love to get one but not for $800 every 50-70,000 miles for new feet. I wrote Nissan a letter concerning this and received no response. They either don't care about cost or their minds are made up and I think the tires/wheels will be a big mistake.
    Keep em on the road!!
  • a_l_hubcapsa_l_hubcaps Member Posts: 518
    bzielke-

Nissan has really gone bonkers recently with huge wheel sizes. First they made 17" wheels available on the Sentra, Altima, and Maxima. That's not too unreasonable, but it's getting up there. Then, they trumped that with 18" offerings on the Infiniti M45 and Q45. Now, it is rumored that the upcoming Infiniti FX45 will have standard 20" wheels. We don't need to go back to the '80s and put 13" wheels on everything, but there has to be a happy medium here, and 20" isn't it.

-Andrew L
  • dhoffdhoff Member Posts: 282
    I would be shocked if the new van has 20" wheels when it comes out. On the concept vehicle, sure. I'm guessing 17" maximum on the actual vehicle. And even that might be pushing it, if they want to put an all-season tire on it (which would make sense on a minivan). I don't think there are any all season tires available in 17" sizes yet, just performance tires.

Dave
  • dplachtadplachta Member Posts: 109
    Anyone know the expected size of the new Quest? What were the dimensions of the concept van?

I wonder if it will be like the MPV/Sedona or more like the Odyssey/GC.
    Think BIG - every other manufacturer seems to be jumping on that bandwagon.

Steve, Host
  • rtfirtfi Member Posts: 14
    Nissan has already started trial production at the new Mississippi plant, getting ready to begin building the Quest in May.

http://www.clarionledger.com/news/0210/26/b01.html

Pictures... I want to see pictures.

Anybody see any on the net somewhere? All I've seen so far is the concept vehicle.

Dave
    heh, I know where some Photoshop ones likely are :-)

Steve, Host
  • jchan2jchan2 Member Posts: 4,956
    I think the quest should be a little bit smaller for families who jumped into an Odyssey and want a second but smaller van.
    Autonews.com reported the following:

"It is larger than the current Quest, roughly the size of a Chrysler Town and Country minivan."

Also:

"The exterior design of the concept is "very close" to the production version."

http://www.autonews.com/files/2002stories/quest114.htm

• vpotlurivpotluri Member Posts: 47
    I am hoping Nissan will show this in the Philadelphia Auto Show in January. I am looking for a van and those on the market now don't do it for me. I don't need the huge Honda van. Something smaller with Navaigation System is my need. Hopefully the price stays under 30K.
    Price: You should be able to get one for under $30,000. Jed Connelly, Nissan's top N.A. exec, was quoted in the Detroit News as saying "pricing will be competitive" with rivals Odyssey and T&C in the $26,000 to $33,0000 range.
    http://www.detnews.com/2002/autoshow/0201/24/b08-385879.htm

Auto Shows: My guess is Nissan will show a production version at the Detroit show January 11th-20th. Just a guess.
  • sdattasdatta Member Posts: 24
    These two upcoming vans look so much cooler than what's out on the market now. I like the Microbus the best but it's not due to arrive until the 2005 model year. I need a van (3 kids) much sooner. I'm a Nissan fan, especially their V6 engines, so I am stoked about the Quest. The only think I am concerned about are those seats. Surely those are just seats for the concept vehicle. I can't imagine they are very comfortable for real world use.

If they keep the price at or below the Odessey, they'll sell well. from an spy photo I saw, Toyota's new Sienna looks like a shameless copy of the Odessey.
  • haropharop Member Posts: 59
    I am just wonderong if there will be AWD option
    for the Quest 2004.
    --
    Also, why this group is not active. This is one of the nice cars I have ever imagined to buy for my wife. She wants it COOL and I want it Minivan (Family, Kids you know). The current Quest we have, is becoming boring for her, although so far(60k) 0 problem.
    It's probably not active because there's not much to talk about yet. The only pictures I've seen so far are of the concept vehicle which are somewhat "unrealistic", as I see it.

I haven't heard of an AWD version being available. I'm guessing not.

Dave
    I have a Quest, but I'm more excited about the concept Microbus.... What I'd like next is a tall hatchback/wagon or MV aimed at 5 passengers, max, hmmm, maybe I'll go shop the PTCruiser next. MV's are just getting too big.

Steve, Host
  • mtbiker1mtbiker1 Member Posts: 17
    Our '93 Villager (Quest clone) easily accomodated our requirements: frequent 5-pass, occasional 7-pass (8 once, but hey we were all related), frequent 3-pass 3-mtb's, occasional light building material hauling, and wonderful transcontinental freeway flyer for 2 with no luggage discipline. I've always been impressed with Nissan durability, but right now the best new/current MV out there for me looks like an MPV....
    Yeah, the MVP owners are pretty enthusiastic about their vans, and they're a nice size too. Mazda was still in SUV mode back in late '98 when I was shopping. Villager/Quests are great transcontinental flyers off the freeways too (check my profile ).

Steve, Host
    Nissan is building the "crossover" Murano for people who want AWD. What about a CVT option on the Quest? Wouldn't surprise me.
    The concept version will be shown in Charlotte this weekend. (Show times at bottom of story.)

http://www.news14charlotte.com/content/local_news/?ArID=15158&SecID=2

The British car magazine EVO reported, "both manual and automatic CVT gearboxes will be available" on their version of the new Quest, so maybe we will get a CVT option on our side of the pond.

http://www.evo.co.uk/t/content/news-ae/danstrong-7jun02/id27235/story.htm
  • nextmoonnextmoon Member Posts: 386
    Here's the clearest pic of the '04 Nissan Quest:

http://www.thecarconnection.com/index.asp?article=5548
    Maybe we can get Sneakers in the Amateur Redesign Studio to "clean" it up some.

Steve, Host

• corsicachevycorsicachevy Member Posts: 316
    I could do without that vertical post/accent in the radiator opening. I think that the current 2001/02 Quest's nose with a large opening and single horizontal "grill" is more attractive. Hopefully this feature is part of the disguise and not part of the final design.
    Looks like the production version will be shown at the Detroit show January 11th-20th:

"...Nissan and Toyota Motor Corp. will introduce minivans to go after Chrysler's best-selling vehicles. The Nissan Quest will hit the road with an aggressive wedge shape intended to offset the soccer mom label."

http://www.auto.com/industry/show30_20021130.htm

Aggressive wedge shape? hmmm, that sounds like a "dustbuster" shape. Seems like we've been down that road before, but at least the dustbusters have a pretty square box behind the front seats. Some of us like "square"!

Steve, Host
    ...to have your emotional needs fulfilled (!?!)...

"The Quest addresses the emotional needs of the driver, as well as the practical needs - something that's been absent since the category was created over 20 years ago," said Kirrane. [Nissan Division VP and General Manager]

http://www.naias.com/showtalk/December2003.pdf
    The fine reviews of the latest Nissan with its 3.5 liter engine and the continuously variable transmission has me very interested. I'm waiting (have been for a couple of years) to buy an exciting minivan to replace my Previa. Can't do the Honda as we have 3 kids and need a split rear seat. Wife says the Kia is too small (I drove one and loved its engine/tranny). I really hope the Nissan or the new Toyota will fit the bill. Having some door problems with the Previa and it is approaching 13 yrs. old.

Desires: smooth engine with pep, interior room comparable to Previa, split back rear bench, sunroof, 3500# towing, nice stereo, firm seats, no silver or beige!
    Your wife says the Kia is too small?!?! My God, it weighs about 4700lbs. The only thing bigger in the van market is an Econoline. :-)
  • a_l_hubcapsa_l_hubcaps Member Posts: 518
    corsica-

The Sedona isn't big, it's just heavy...they wanted to get 5 stars in all crash tests, so they took the easy way out and just made it as heavy and indestructible as possible. A noble pursuit, but the fuel economy is embarrassing. My '86 Pontiac 8-pass wagon is EPA rated 15/22, and I don't think the Sedona even matches that.

-Andrew L
    Actually, the Sedona is big - its just not very space efficient, but I get your point.
  • diploiddiploid Member Posts: 2,286
    It's on the bigger side of the MV spectrum...nearer to the Dodge Caravan LWB and Odyssey than it is to a Quest or Sienna.
  • deepandeepan Member Posts: 342
    If you examine the specs (interior and exterior) of the Sedona its closer to the current Sienna than the odyssey or GC.
    The Sienna has more room behind the 3rd row of seats than the Sedona.
  • diploiddiploid Member Posts: 2,286
    That's amazing. The Sienna looks a little smaller than the Sedona.
    ...but cars.com did post a picture of a production version of the new Quest in a preview of the Detroit show:

http://www.cars.com/carsapp/latimes/?szc=90053&srv=parser&act=display&tf=/features/autoshow2003/production/nissan/quest.tmpl

• shuedshued Member Posts: 107
    Compared with new Sienna, new Quest is more attractive. But I think a minivan at least
    needs 7 seats, new Quest may not hit the
    market. Why Nissan design the van with only
    six seats?
    Even though I'm one of the few who prefers a 5 passenger minivan, I agree that most buyers will be looking for a 7 (or even 8) passenger minivan. Is it definite that the Quest will have 6 passenger seating then?

Steve, Host
  • maxamillion1maxamillion1 Member Posts: 1,467
    They offer a Minivan, but it only seats 6? Is that not silly. We just brought a new Odyssey last September, and if it didn't seat all 7 of us, we wouldn't have brought it. Having only 6 seats in the next Quest will be a disadvantage for Nissan. Hopefully 7 seats will be available, but from all I have read, the Quest will on sit 6, like how the Murano only seats 4? I just don't understand this, are they saving money, again by cutting seat costs?
    Clarion Ledger reports, "Nissan will unveil the Quest on January 5." This is the first of 3 "Press Days."

http://www.clarionledger.com/news/0301/03/b02.html
  • pda97pda97 Member Posts: 91
    Say it ain't so ! For Nissan's sake I hope it's false. Otherwise, can u say "tax write-off" ??