Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Anyone Familiar witih Passports Using Oil

malachy72malachy72 Member Posts: 325
is the same vehicle. So you might try a search there as well.

Comments

• Options
    greenmaxgreenmax Member Posts: 47
    among Isuzus. Depending on the amount of oil being used, it may be normal or a cause for concern. Anything more than a quart per 1000 miles is abnormal according to Isuzu but I would start worrying at half that usage. Don't forget that oil use increases with age/miles and is partly influenced by driver behavior and proper maintenance.
  • Options
    morgan63morgan63 Member Posts: 3
    THANK YOU FOR RESPONDING TO PASSPORT USING OIL.
    JUST COMPLETED HAVING A HONDA DEALER LOOK IT OVER. THE PSV VALVE WAS PLUGGED CAUSING THE EXCESSIVE OIL USE. HOWEVER, IT HAS ALWAYS USED A QT AT AROUND 1200 MILES SOMETIMES 1500 MILES. STILL IT HAVE BEEN A GREAT CAR AND I PLAN TO CONTINUE TO OWN IT. THANKS AGAIN; AND YES IT IS A ISUZU RODEO. I HAVE BEEN MORE THAN PLEASED WITH THIS MODEL.
  • Options
    morgan63morgan63 Member Posts: 3
    THANK YOU FOR RESPONDING TO PASSPORT USING OIL.
    JUST COMPLETED HAVING A HONDA DEALER LOOK IT OVER. THE PCV VALVE WAS PLUGGED CAUSING THE EXCESSIVE OIL USE. HOWEVER, IT HAS ALWAYS USED A QT AT AROUND 1500 MILES. STILL IT HAS BEEN A GREAT CAR AND I PLAN TO CONTINUE TO OWN IT. THANKS AGAIN; AND YES IT IS A ISUZU RODEO. I HAVE BEEN MORE THAN PLEASED WITH THIS MODEL.
  • Options
    Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    Sounds like this has come to a quick resolution, so we'll close the topic and archive in a few days.

kirstie_h
    Roving Host & Future Vehicles Host

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

This discussion has been closed.