Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Nissan Titan

Comments

• Options
    dbauerdbauer Member Posts: 416
    "Protection Plus" covers rental cars only when it is a drivability issue. (powertrain or safety)

take it in for the brakes, and you should be OK...but the argument is that the repair isnt of such crucial importance that you cant come back at a more convenient time for you.
  • Options
    774774 Member Posts: 101
    I am in the market for a new quad cab4x4 pickup. I own a 2001 Sequoia which has by far been the best vehicle I have ever owned. My wife has a Infinti I 35 a Nissan product assembled in Japan which has been problem free and a pleasure to drive.The Titan is a sharp looking truck, is bigger and more powerful than the Tundra.The Tundra has enough room and power for my needs.The 2001 Sequoia I own had a tsb on the brakes and the entire front braking system was replaced by Toyota at a cost of 2000 dollars paid for by Toyota.I am hearing of problems with the Titan due to quality control as it is built here. How is Nissan doing in the way it treats customers once they buy the vehicle.The Tundra also is built here so the quality problem seems to be with the mangement of Nissan.
  • Options
    beleive it or not, the most reliable cars are built here in the US. the accord, camry, and civic are the highest rated vehicles in the world in terms of reliability and longevity. the hondas are built in ohio, and the camry is built in KY
  • Options
    quadrunner501quadrunner501 Member Posts: 94
    Hey Oby, what style, options, color etc. do you have?

I always get silver (boring),

'04 King Cab 4x4, LE, Off-Road, Tow, Nav, Utili-Trac, VDC, side curtain air bags, bed extender, sliding tool box.

I would like to have had the CC and sunroof but I need the extra 6 inches for motorcycle(s).

I'll put up a picture...I'm gonna put the Z71 emblem Ryan gave me on it...Z71 Titan LOL...

Tom
  • Options
    I guess this pic was before I got the sliding tool box, but it's a good looking tool box, and sweet because I can easily slide it out to make room for motorcycles.

Nice to have some back seat room too, since my last two Chevs were regular cabs.

This comment may be hard to take for Titan owners, but my Silverado DuraMax Diesel would run away from the Titan from about 60-105. The Silverado had oversize tires (P255/85/16)so it exceeded the 97 mph speed limiter. The above was checked with a GPS receiver. That said, the Titan keeps on going once it gets to 105, limited to 114 it's said. I ran out of room at 110 and back'd her down. (And now that I have a speeding ticket, I won't be trying again anytime soon.)

The turbo-charged Silverado was very highway friendly, expecially at the high altitude where I live, Colorado. There wasn't a hill it couldn't take in 6th gear. The Titan 5 spd is good too but it needs to shift some. The Titan is more peppy around town, more fun to drive, tighter steering and more road feedback.

• Options
    obyoneobyone Member Posts: 7,841
    Nice truck!!

The regulator on the drivers side power window went out on the rado and the extended warranty covers only the motor. The following week, the passenger's side went out. I figured someone was trying to tell me something so I decided it was time for a new truck. Visited several Chevy, one GMC, and one Toyota/Chevy dealership looking at crew cabs. GM was offering $2k rebate with another $1.5k current customer rebate totalling $3500. Something must have been wrong that day as none of the Chevy dealers were willing to come down off of MSRP before rebates on the crewcabs. Guess they figured let GM give all the discounts.

I was in no way about to pay MSRP for a GM product, no way no how. As a last ditch attempt to buy a truck, I stopped at a Nissan dealer looking for a black Titan. Guess what? No black Titans lol. Luckily another color caught my eye...red brawn...looks real close to carmine red. Must be an age thing. Only problem was it wasn't optioned the way I wanted it though it had a bedliner and bed extender it was a stripper model but had the power windows and door locks. I'm thinking maybe I should visit another Nissan dealer. My daughter disagreed saying we had been to enough dealers.

I didn't care for the other colors so I bought the red brawn. I was hoping that since it was a '05 model (manufactured 11/04) it wouldn't have inherited the problems that plagued the first year Titans. So far so good with only what seems to be a tire out of balance or with a flat spot which provides me with that "warm fuzzy feeling" that my rado had given me over the years....lol.

This is where it gets good. Going into finance, I figured I'd let them handle everything. I will never do that again. They tried to sell me an Echomaster reverse sensor system which retails for $149 for $675 installed. Gap insurance for $500 which you can easily get on the net for $300. Mudflaps for $190 sheesh....and the worst was the monthly came out to $669 and I said whoa!! What's the selling price again? We confirmed that and I said that being the case the monthly should be around $400 with no down (company vehicle). After looking over the paperwork I found the apr to be 17.25%. I immediately called my banker and had him handle the financing.

All in all a good truck. Installed some weathertechs, westin nerfs, billet grill, and had the front windows tinted. Now all I have to do is find some 25" rims and a 4/6 drop kit for the bling bling lol.

Did your truck come with the Rockford Fosgate system? I'm assuming so at that trim level. If so, I'm more surprised that it would have reception problems as Rockford is pretty good stuff.

I'm also thinking of changing out the front brake pads to ceramic cause I can't stand that black brake dust. What is that brake kit that everyone is waiting for/having installed?
  • Options
    It's Rockford Fosgate in name only. The head unit is Panasonic, and the speakers I think are Clarion on the RF package, and no-names on the regular audio option. The RF package gets the subwoofer also. I had the head unit replaced once (there is a TSB for it), for the fade-in/fade-out reception problem on FM. The FM works okay now, the AM like before is near useless. My fix was to get a plug and play Sirius SAT tuner for it.

There is a TSB for the brakes that includes new anchor bolts, sliding pins, pads, special grease, and they turn the rotors with a special lathe while on the vehicle. They say this is better. Basically, the Titan has the same brake woes as the Tundra. It seems to happen for most at 7-10k miles. Anyway, I just had it done. The ceramic pads I'd like to get, too much brake dust also.

17.25% ? Lol...funny!

On my '01 'Rado, with the Izuzu designed diesel and German ZF designed 6 spd manual, I wondered what was left for GM to screw up. Well, it turned out to be the flywheel...Doh! GM puts in a "Dual Mass" flywheel that starts to fail about 35-45k miles, it's covered under the 100k Duramax engine warranty, but you need a new pressure plate which they don't cover. I made up my mind I wasn't putting up with any more of that style of non-sense. And then the Bosch injector problem affecting about 15-20% of 2001-2002 LB7 Duramax Diesels before 75,000 miles. This problem I didn't have yet, but I felt it wasn't a matter of "if" but when. The injectors were covered under the Dmax warranty, but when they leak, the crankcase fills up with diesel fuel and it pukes the motor oil out the overflow vent all over the road, driveway etc. The injectors are located under the valve covers. That's why that happens. Smart!

But I wanted the Titan, made an offer and they actually let me walk, first time that's ever happened. Three days later, still hadn't heard from them so I figured my offer must not have been realistic. Looking for a different tac, I browsed the local dealer inventory on the Nissan internet website, found about 4 dealers that had Titans equipped like I wanted, and I went about faxing them offer sheets. Before I got the 4th offer sheet faxed, the phone started ringing off the hook. Every offer was accepted. I called back the first dealer and crowed a bit, and they changed their tune.

Basically though, the 'Rado still was in pretty strong demand resale-wise because of the diesel, a nice hook. But because the trade-in value was still good on it, there wasn't enough purchase difference after trade to motivate the dealer, so I sweetened it instead by going for a more expensive truck. So I made offers on the most loaded king cabs I could find that combined off-road, tow package, and Nav in the right color. I would have loved the CC with sunroof, but I needed the 6 inches in the bed.

So obviously, you have the 2WD version, making perfect sense for you. You were unbelievable forgiving of GM for those early vibes, whereby they made weld-ments to your frame etc. That was about the most horrific story I had ever heard on a '99 Silverado.

Ryan thinks we've both flipped, and YOU getting the Carmine Red (er...Red Brawn!)

Does your truck have the Utili-Trac system? You mentioned bed liner, (they offer a drop-in) but also said you have the bed-extender which I thought was only available on the Utili-Trac option, no?

Anyway, your 2WD ought to be lots quicker, and get better fuel mileage too. The 4x4 off-road has a numerically higher rear axle ratio, and it's heavier with big tow mirrors that act like para-sails. My fuel mileage is not good. I had one tank where I almost got 400 miles, wind aided highway. Best 16.0 (once only) most other tanks between 14-15, and several under 14. My 'Rado long bed with 34 gallon and Dmax would range to 700+ miles...nice.
  • Options
    as far as the high interest rate goes, most banks cap the rate markup to 3 percentage points. so i think in the worst case scenario, they had a buy rate of around 14.95%. is that more like what you got from your bank?
  • Options
    dweiserdweiser Member Posts: 288
    I'd like to post a pic of his new Titan LE 4X4 CC which just got a topper today but I don't know how. Truck and topper look real nice!
  • Options
    >>>as far as the high interest rate goes, most banks cap the rate markup to 3 percentage points. so i think in the worst case scenario, they had a buy rate of around 14.95%. is that more like what you got from your bank? <<<

Gawd...my recollection was that my loan was like 4.9%. I got it at E-Loan, they approved it in about 5 minutes. They FED-X'd me a "Power Check" which I just carried with me, and wrote it out at the dealership for the purchase amount, really easy. I think Nissan financing was 2.5% or $2000 rebate. At the time, I did the math, and it was cheaper for me to take the rebate and the E-Loan financing than to go for the lower Nissan APR.
  • Options
    Click on the help link at the top of the page, and there's a FAQ on how to post a picture.

You use an HTML tag.
  • Options
    akanglakangl Member Posts: 3,281
    You're kidding on the *dual mass flywheel* thing right?? We had to replace one on our 94 K3500 6.5L TD, what a !@$#@$!!!!!

Well, that makes my Titan look like a saint! Not sure I'd consider GM if they are still being boneheaded about stuff like that!
  • Options
    >>>You're kidding on the *dual mass flywheel* thing right?? We had to replace one on our 94 K3500 6.5L TD, what a !@$#@$!!!!!

Well, that makes my Titan look like a saint! Not sure I'd consider GM if they are still being boneheaded about stuff like that! <<<

Well...they redesigned it. But if they had that problem in '94 and they still had it in '01, what confidence is there in that? I was warned not to get a manual transmission, but Ford uses the same ZF S-650 medium duty 6 spd manual in the Super Duty and their diesel. And as far as I know, they've got a clutch/flywheel combo that works for them. That ended up being the only disappointment for me, if you don't count the letter from GM about the fuel injector problem. I didn't feel like sticking around waiting for that to happen either, although day to day I liked the truck. I like the Titan more though.
  • Options
    Fact of the matter, is it's very hard to buy a manual transmission from GM anymore, anyway. They want you to buy the Allison automatic. Manuals are hard to find.
  • Options
    as far as the high interest rate goes, most banks cap the rate markup to 3 percentage points. so i think in the worst case scenario, they had a buy rate of around 14.95%. is that more like what you got from your bank?

About the financing.....On my last two vehicles I worked with GM dealers that I have a buying history with. My '02 Denali was financed at 0% 5 years no down. My '00 Silverado was financed at 7% no down through my bank. The Denali was a personal purchase, the Silverado through my company.

The Titan is for business use therefore purchased through the company and not me. When asked to fill a credit app I explained it wasn't necessary as I have my own financing. Still they insisted on working the deal saying they could get a better rate. How they determined the rate of the loan is beyond me. It appeared that the dealer financed the deal as there seemed to be no bank involved, not on paper anyway. Our insurance company asked who the loss payee would be and at this time I have no clue. I'm assuming our banker is working with the dealership.
  • Options
    then their rate was based on your personal credit, and not on the company's credit? am i assuming correctly?
  • Options
    That's what I don't understand. I didn't fill out a credit app, stated I had my own financing, and figured F&I would work the details with my banker. It also seemed important to the F&I person that I put a deposit down.

If a customer came in and told you that they had their own financing and that the loan would be worked through the company, what info would you require? I assume nothing more than the banker's name and phone number.
  • Options
    Does your truck have the Utili-Trac system? You mentioned bed liner, (they offer a drop-in) but also said you have the bed-extender which I thought was only available on the Utili-Trac option, no?

I have a drop in liner with the bed extender. I would think the bed extender would work either way as it's aftermarket and available for most trucks.

After reading the other forum, it appears that the brake issue hasn't been resolved and I should expect it to happen around 7-10k miles? Dang.....

If that is the case I shouldn't tinker with ceramic pads as it would definitely void the warranty on the pads for sure...and the dealer would try to use it as an excuse to get out of performing the tsb. OR am I thinking like a GM owner? LMAO!!
  • Options
    On the brakes well, hope for the best...maybe '05's won't have the problem.

The dealership I purchased from (Tynan's Nissan) works hard to please, the service is good and fast...albeit EXPENSIVE.
  • Options
    Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    A newspaper reporter would like to interview owners of big pick-up trucks with large cabs that they primarily use for family transportation. If you fit what the reporter is looking for and you are interested in being interviewed, please send a brief description of yourself and your vehicle with your daytime contact information to Kirsten Holguin at kholguin@edmunds.com by 9am Pacific, Friday, February 4.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• Options
    there are 2 different bed extenders. one is the "sliding bed extender" and the other is the "non-sliding bed extender"

the applications of both should be self-evident.
  • Options
    Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    A newspaper reporter would like to interview owners of big pick-up trucks with large cabs that they primarily use for family transportation. If you fit what the reporter is looking for and you are interested in being interviewed, please send a brief description of yourself and your vehicle with your daytime contact information to Kirsten Holguin at kholguin@edmunds.com by 9am Pacific, Monday, February 7.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• Options
    steel1503steel1503 Member Posts: 1
    sorry for the broken link
  • Options
    joe37joe37 Member Posts: 1
    Has anyone ever compared the rockford fosgate radio to the 6disc radio on the SE preferred package? I have noticed that the Rockford Fosgate radio is no longer a choice when you build it online. Is it worth the extra money?
  • Options
    I've had both, the regular 6-disc in an SE and now the RF in my LE. I prefer the RF, its much more powerful, some will disagree, its all a matter of personal preference I think.
  • Options
    SylviaSylvia Member Posts: 1,636
    WOMEN AND TRUCKS. One of our journalists is writing an article about women and trucks: why they love their trucks, the decisions that they have to make when purchasing a truck versus a car, and whether or not they&#146;ve encountered discrimination or bias when buying or driving a truck. If you&#146;d like to share your story, please respond to jhelperin@edmunds by Sunday, March 26th. Thanks!
  • Options
    banditg2000banditg2000 Member Posts: 1
    To All the people above:

I'm sorry to hear about all of the problems with your trucks. I have owned a Titan X-Cab SE Towing and Rockford Fosgate package for a year now and have about 15000 miles. I have not had any problems other than a small bubble in the spray in bedliner. My truck has been driven hard and I haven't seen any problems that any of you speak of. Yesterday I yanked a old mail jeep that was six inches sunken into the ground out and towed it to a new location with no problems. I am a huge fan of this truck and I want people to get a feel of everyone's opinion so I thought I would write in. I do suggest as with any vehicle to thoroughly inspect the vehicle and test drive it before purchasing. Anyone on this forum reading other peoples experiences are already on the right track to making an educated decision. I personally believe that the dealership has alot to do with buying a good vehicle. I wouldn't suggest giving up on getting a Titan because of a poor dealership experience or one poor example of this new truck. If your home town is anything like mine there is another Nissan dealer within a half hour drive so go check them out as well. Good luck and keep writing in.
  • Options
    dirkdaddydirkdaddy Member Posts: 313
    Yes, the folks who aren't having trouble don't post messages as much as those with axes to grind, that's for sure. Good to hear of your positive experiences.

Lurker Dirk
  • Options
    blink3blink3 Member Posts: 74
    Hello All!!!! I am constantly on the road logging over 1000 miles per week. Looking at the Titan because I like the cab and reliability of Nissan but I would have to put a tonneau cover on the bed as I haul things that cannot get wet. Anyone out there with the Tonneau experience a better MPG avg? I currently run a Chevy Trailblazer which is rated at 15/19 with 275hp. I constantly get 20.7 range. Also, does the Titan require Premium Unleaded?

Thanks!
  • Options
    hogboyhogboy Member Posts: 84
    Brad, if this is your first pick up truck you won't have anything else to compare it to previously.
    The tonneau cover doesn't make any difference in your MPG because the bed is not that long.
    On an 8 ft box your would maybe be talking 1 more MPG (at least my past experiences have shown that gain.) Don't plan on seeing anything close to 20 MPG if you are getting a 4x4. The Titan runs
    fine on regular unleaded. It does NOT require premium. I have an SE 4x4 with big tow, off road and the extra utility bed package. My initial MPG was 13.5, however, now that I am at 5k it has improved to approx 15MPG. My driving is 50% stop/go, 50% highway. Some have been getting a little better MPG, some worse. The truck has plenty of giddy yup, tons of torque and has hauled full loads of green oak firewood for me and still has plenty left. When you stomp this baby you better have your seatbelt fastened.
  • Options
    joetitanjoetitan Member Posts: 1
    I had to take the plunge and get a Titan after driving Ford Chevy Toyota. I have put on the flowmaster and now the boat hitch. I have heard way too many complaints about towing and the rear end smoking up. Does anyone have a success story about towing? I am only pulling a pontoon boat twice a year, I leave it at the marina, and a puny little jet ski on the weekends. If this dana 44 rear end really blows, how big of a deal is it to just change out?
  • Options
    Last summer we put on over 1000 miles pulling a 7000 lb travel trailer, had no trouble at all. That was with my 04 SE CC 4x4.

The new Titan I have now, an LE CC 4x4 lost the front end at 4800 miles, was gone for a month waiting on parts, got it back March 8th, had it back 3 days put 1000 miles on it and lost the rearend. The rearend went out when we were towing our new TT home. However, I think the rearend was going well before then just comparing how the truck acts now vs before.

That said I haven't had any problems in the past 2000 miles since the rearend was replaced. Nissan has an updated front diff and an updated rear diff out for the trucks. When one goes they replace the whole entire axle, diff, everything.

I wouldn't worry too much about it, just be careful not to overload the truck and use tow/haul mode if towing more than 2000 lbs. :D
  • Options
    mfillersmfillers Member Posts: 2
    I purchase the 2004 Titan truck 5/4/04 and have had the truck in the shop about 12 times. I have 9800 miles on the Titan LE CC 4x4 truck. The dealer does not know what to do about the vibration. Has any one else had this problem? Can it be corrected? The truck has plenty of power for towing my 7000 lb boat.
    Thanks for your input.
    Mfillers
  • Options
    k9crmfitr2k9crmfitr2 Member Posts: 1
    Ya, I have...There's a button in the middle of the dash that you have to turn that makes this noise go away. It's to the right of the ignition, a little up, next to where the CDs go in. It's called the stereo VOLUME!!!! Cures all the little annoying noises..Just kidding..My 2004 junker Nissan Titan does it too....Man I tried to trade this beast in..I can't get s%$# for it......DON'T BUY A TITAN....STAY AMERICAN!!!
  • Options
    Been reading up on reviews of titan vs Ram. Looks like Titan is winning the performance end of reviews because of it having the stock 17'' wheels vs the Ram's 20''. I certainly like the look of the 20's and I thought the Titan offered 20's as well? Would the wheel size make a measurable difference in acceleration and what about fuel mileage with the different size wheels???

Thanks!
  • Options
    17s in the winter and 18s in the summer on my Titan. Most Titans come with 18s unless they are an XE or have the offroad pkg, then they have 17s.

I haven't noticed any difference in speed or mileage between the 2 sizes.
  • Options
    Thanks for that input. Exactly what I was looking for.
  • Options
    titan007titan007 Member Posts: 2
    :confuse: I have a 04 titan 4x4 se with big tow. 4K and it's good all the way. I have noticed the less than desired mileage but am currently trying a K and N air filter and have ordered a tonneau cover. I am hoping for a 1-2 mile per gallon increase. Has anyone else tried this? I am currently getting 14-15 with 90% hwy

My first impression of this truck have been awesome. It pulls like a beast and sounds as good. Reading the posted notes and edmunds review it looks as if I could be in for trouble ahead: I would like to know if there is a percentage of people out there who own a titan that is relatively trouble free. I am planning to drive this thing on a 2000 mile trip and don't want to have to rely on some brake shop in Bum Funked Egypt to fix it? Is there anyone who know if you can identify the vehicles by VIN that are likely to have the brake or tranny troubles ?

I purchased my Nissan because of Nissan's reputation and value. I rarely tow anything over 4000 lbs and probably should have purchased a frontier, but the superior styling and performance of this monster won me over.

I would appreciate any suggestions and or experiences anyone would like to share before I leave for my trip. Please spare me the buy or ford or chevy lectures. My last Nissan truck had 270,000 miles on it when I sold it to a kid.
  • Options
    If anybody tells you their Titan (or any other truck) is perfect, that should be your red flag that they are a champion for the brand, and their opinion should be discounted against the pro-bias.

It doesn't mean that because some of us are willing to speak honestly about the problems, that we don't like it. Everyone that I know loves theirs, and that includes me.

I am not brand loyal, so telling you what's wrong with it is no problem for me. There are plenty of others to tell you about what's right.

Simply put, the Titan is very solid overall, great engine and transmission, very solid chassis frame and running gear, very good convenience features and cargo utility. It has excellent feel for the driver who enjoys communicative feedback from the steering wheel, perfectly weighted steering, nice and sporty, eager throttle response, smooth shifting, hard braking, and safety features galore including side curtain air bags, vehicle dynamic control, locking rear axle to name a few.

The bad side, is fuel economy on the low end of the range, weak payload ratings, interior rattles, and warping brake rotors.

That's just what it is. You may be perfectly happy to accept those shortcomings. Nissan has come up with several TSBs to address the brake problem. And the rattles are minor and fixable.

My truck became very satisfying after fixing the rattles and brakes, so far remaining that way. But that won't keep me from voicing the truth when brand loyalists trumpet the Titan as the second coming of the Messiah, which it is not. But I would agree that it's more fun than any of the other trucks out there, and just as reliable, (at least). Doesn't matter what brand you pick, you can find plenty to find wrong about them, often the same complaints, rattles, brakes, O2 sensors etc.
  • Options
    pithhelmetpithhelmet Member Posts: 4
    Purchased my Titan (2x4 CC LE) on December 4th '03
    #588 off the line...

I too am having trouble with the brakes - soon to be fixed,
    and the rattles and such (driving on a washboard road doesn't help)

but i have had no unexplained trouble - brakes and noises aside,
    and I will say, it has held up VERY well.

take care
    tony
  • Options
    hogboyhogboy Member Posts: 84
    Don't count on the tonneau cover to increase your mileage. The bed isn't long enough. I have an SE King Cab 4x4 with Off Road & Big Tow. Starting MPG was 13. That's 50-50 city/highway. Now just increased to a regular 15.5MPG with 6k. Just starting to get my first hint of brake judder. At least Nissan has the brake fix in and now guarantees the brakes for 3 yrs/36k (more than I can say for GM.) Been driving nothing but pick up trucks for almost 30 yrs. MPG to me is now in acceptable range for a truck this big and heavy with a awesome V-8. Hauling heavy loads, not an issue. Have hauled several loads of green wet oak firewood (it doesn't get much heavier than that,) hardly noticeable rear sag and it would still blow away my previous Silverado, Ram's & F150's. Ya a couple of squeaks & rattles. Its a truck. Turn up the stereo. Would I buy another one knowing what I know now? You bet! No brand loyalty here either. My biggest fear was losing the 8ft box. Do I miss that? Yes, however, having the deeper bed helps a little on the volume. Good luck with your decision.
  • Options
    with the K&N. You can also expect a dirty throttle body if not oiled correctly. Good luck with this one now.
  • Options
    Hello Titan007. Sounds like a good plan to me. I would think you should be able to get another couple mpg out of your rig with the K&N and tonneau. I do not have a titan as of yet, but you are doing exactly what I will do once I get mine. I have had increased fuel mileage on the couple vehicles that I have installed the K&N on ('98 vette and '94 cadi eldorado). Please keep us posted with your progress.

Thanks!
  • Options
    titanrocks1titanrocks1 Member Posts: 3
    The Tonneau won't add any gas mileage. Are you installing a air filter charger or just the air filter? The filter replaces the stock air box. I am interested in putting a K&N air filter charger on my '04 KC Titan. Does it add any more get up to this beast and gas mileage to the 13 I am currently getting now? I have driven this rig all the way to montana for a hunt and hauled about a 800 lbs of meat back in the bed on top of the gear for me and two others. It ran like it had nothing in the bed. The brake problem is being fixed in the next few days. Thank goodness it is driving me insane. As for vin #'s that show for the braked judder just say all '04 and part of the '05 models have the brake problem Nissan is fixing this with all new parts up front (rotors and pads) and turning down the rear rotors.
  • Options
    benitslubenitslu Member Posts: 5
    I am currently own a SE CC 2-wheel drive. I was a fool and did not purchase the tow package with my truck. I am looking to purchase a hitch, wiring, etc. Does anyone know of a good website to look for one or would I be better off taking it to the dealership and letting them install it for me. I have not called the dealershp yet for an estimate.
  • Options
    titanrocks1titanrocks1 Member Posts: 3
    If you look under the rear of the pickup you will see that there are four holes predrilled into the frame and there should be wiring harness already for you. Nissan wires every titan with this for every titan that comes off of the assembly line. I have a '04 SE KC 4wd and didn't get the tow package but went and bought a hitch. I have owned several trucks and this is by far the best truck that i have had to put a hitch onto. there are a couple of good websites on is Summit Racing another one is JEGS or if you live near any automotive parts stores you can find a good hitch there or they can order one for you. I would think if i can put a hitch onto my truck with my lack of mechanical apptitude then anyone can.
  • Options
    titan007titan007 Member Posts: 2
    So far so good. Installing the filter and the tonneau was super easy. The Nissan tonneau cost me 319.00 and the filter I bought on ebay for $39 with shipping included. I didn't not by the intake kit. I am not a really mechanically gifted guy.
    I would expect anyone could purchase this cover for the same or even less. The install was easy but it will be a week until I know if it changed the MPG as I have been doing some hauling, I don't think it would be an accurate to make a comparison on mpg yet. I have noticed that I get almost zero lag when I accelerate. I discovered that they are using the same air box for most of there vehicles. My filter will fit almost all nissan cars. I don't really understand the mechanics of an engine but wonder if the air-box on a titan should be the same size as the one on a sentra?

My initial impressions of the K and N filter are good based good. If anything the cover looks great on and can easily been installed in 1 hour by one person.
  • Options
    What leads you to believe you will receive and increase in mpg with a tonneau cover? With a K&N filter? I haven't had any mpg increase in any of my trucks after installing both. I installed my tonneau to keep my dirty tools out of the cab, and everything else in the bed dry and out of sight. As far as the K&N filter, I will never install another after looking at previous throttle bodies after 10k miles with them installed. No mpg increase, no performance increase and a dirty throttle body to boot. Only good thing is that they say you won't have to buy another for a million miles. Though with that dirty throttle body I'd doubt your truck would go anywhere near a million miles. Course as with anything else this is just my opinion.
  • Options
    benitslubenitslu Member Posts: 5
    I had installed a K and N air filter on my 0 silverado. I noticed a little better acceleration but absolutley no MPG increase. They say it makes a difference but I would imagine it would be so minimal that it would not even matter.
  • Options
    damurphdamurph Member Posts: 10
    and would like to hear from current and/or past owners. I am looking at '05 Titan SE 4X2 Extended Cab versions. Any objective advise is welcome. Has Nissan fixed most of the problems I've heard about? In particular, have they fixed the brake problem? I look forward to hearing from everyone with a point of view. Thanks!