Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Subaru Crew: Suggestions for Subaru

paisanpaisan Member Posts: 21,181
edited March 2014 in Subaru
And I'll buy it tomorrow. I'll sell my beloved Trooper in a heartbeat!

Now onto more serious things...

All Weather Package in the WRX Please.
And Leather and moonroof on the Forester XT.

-mike

Comments

• bluesubiebluesubie Member Posts: 3,497
    Hopefully the preliminary information is wrong. It looks like people are already crossing the 04 WRX wagon off of their list because of this.

-Dennis
  • p0926p0926 Member Posts: 4,423
    And Leather and moonroof option on the Forester XT with manual tranny that is.

-Frank P.
  • rshollandrsholland Member Posts: 19,788
    In the spirit of launching this new forum, here are a few suggestions:

• It's ironic, that the new STi has the best cruise-control stalk of any Subie offered in North America. This car—of all Subarus—is probably the one in which cruise control will be least used! :)

What's so good about the STi's cruise control stalk? Very simply, the on/off switch is now contained at the very end of the stalk, like what Toyota and a few others do. All the cruise control functions are now contained in one very easy-to-use location. I never did like having the on/off switch on the dash.

Now if only they get the cruise control "engaged" light to only work when it is engaged (not just "on"), I'll be a very happy camper! :)

So SOA, please give all Subies the STi's cruise control stalk!

• I would expect the up-coming all-new Legacy to expand the use of VTD.

• I would expect the up-coming all-new Legacy to offer dual-zone climate control on top-of-the-line models.

• I would expect the up-coming all-new Outback to combine the LL Bean and VDC models into one model.

• Let's give the WRX an ambient temperature gauge—please...

• I'm with Paisan: The B11S concept is a perfect replacement for the SVX! It also sets the right direction (IMHO) for future Subies, in terms of styling!

Bob
  • paisanpaisan Member Posts: 21,181
    I'm gonna have to disagree. I like the on-dash button and wheel mounted controls. Why you ask?

Well for reliability. How many times have wee seen the delicate stalk controls break over time? I think having a hard button on the dash for On/Off and the semi-hard controls on the steering wheel lead to a longer lifespan. As an example, the cruise control switch on my '88 XT6 was still working w/o issue 12-13years after production.

-mike
    Should be standard on the XT with Manual, why you ask? For production reasons, if you make the moonroof and leather optional, then you increase your costs exponentially.

-mike
    I have to disagree with your cruise control reliability assessment. I don't think the location has anything to do with reliability.

The stalk is far more intuitive than having buttons on the steering wheel. Push up on the stalk to accelerate/resume. Push down on the stalk to lower the speed/set. Pull the stalk towards you to cancel.

I have both set-ups: My Explorer has buttons on the steering wheel (as did my previous Hondas) and our Forester has the stalk. I can use the Foresters stalk at night and never worry about hitting the "right" button. I don't even have to look for it. Give me the stalk any day of the week.

Bob
  • ateixeiraateixeira Member Posts: 72,587
    * Build the B11S! What a beautiful halo car that would make. Keep the styling and spread it across the range.
    * WRX wagon deserves the AWP and moonroof option too
    * Forester XT 5 speed should be offered with the Premium package

-juice
    Mike- I disagree that SOA should make leather and moonroof standard on the XT cause it would inflate the price too much. I think they should just offer the same premium package option that already exists for the XS but allow it for the MT also.

Here's a big one- Offer a choice of transmissions (AT or MT) for the H-6!

-Frank P.
  • bsvollerbsvoller Member Posts: 528
    OK, I'm going to rehash some things here for the sake of having them all in one spot...

Brian's feature wish list for the Subaru line-up:

1) True class II towing on the Outback, Forester and Baja, i.e. 3500# + 800# in the tow vehicle after tongue weight. Most if not all of Volvo's entire line will tow 3300# now.

2) 6MT on the 2.5NA engine, with 5 & 6 overdriven (5th at highway speeds is too "tall", gets noisy) Not sure how you're gearing the 2.5T, but do the same if you're turning 3000+ at 80.

3) I want a Forester XT MT with the premium package, sans leather and automatic - the way you sold it in '01.

4) Dump the group 35 battery in the Forester (and everywhere else you're using it). I want a real battery. You could bundle a bigger battery with the AWP, a towing package, or both. 320CCA is a joke, to put it bluntly. Aftermarket availability (>600CCA) in a group 35 is severely limited - durability of high capacity batteries in this size is poor due to plate density. It gets cold in the mountains!

5) Make the dual range center diff an option in our market, at least for the Forester and Baja. Bundle it with add'l bracing and anti-skid plates in an off-road package.

6) The whole world is going to 5AT's. Please do so too.

7) If you grafted your drivetrain (3.0l H-6) to a Mazda MPV, I'd buy one tomorrow. Really. Can I order today? OK, add an inch to the MPV's track width. It looks tall and narrow. Pretty please?

8) Don't make the Forester bigger. Keep it "right-sized" and nimble. Offer a bigger model in the lineup instead.

9) Put the real mid-gate back in the Baja. Make the 2.5T standard. Go with 5 passenger seating. Dump the cladding or make it optional ("Sport"). Dump the glitzy features or make them optional (XS or premium package). See Bob for details. :)

-brianV
  • lark6lark6 Member Posts: 2,565
    Not sure if this topic is geared toward "what we think Subaru should offer" (company/business perspective) or "what we WANT Subaru to offer" (personal interest). Selfishly I'll go with the latter.

Impreza: AWP and sunroof optional on WRX wagon, but please don't tie them together - I want AWP, don't really want sunroof (I'm mostly bald); stripped-down "club racer" package a la JDM Type RA for base WRX and WRX STi (geared toward dedicated racers); upholstery for OBS that doesn't look and feel like a burlap sack. Full Impreza line could stand rear cupholders a la Forester.

Forester: Leather delete option for premium models; monotone/two-tone/paint delete option for lower cladding on XS; sports package for XT similar to JDM Cross Sports/UK Prodrive WR Sport packages.

Legacy: High-performance non-Outback wagon and sedan, available w/MT and AT; monotone/two-tone/paint delete option for lower cladding on Outback; eliminate Outback sedan.

Baja: Honestly not concerned. I see it as a way to extend the current-gen Legacy product cycle and do not expect to see a version of it in the next-gen Legacy.

Full line: Sportshift AT available on all top-of-the-line versions of each model (WRX, Forester XT, high-performance Legacy, Outback H6); VTD available with all AT Subarus: standard with Sportshift, optional for others; weather band radios standard with all; "off-road/rough road" package for all to include rear differential cover, metal (not plastic) front skidplate, larger mudflaps.

Other: If there is a market for the B11S a/k/a "new SVX" 2+2 2-door GT car, build it. If not learn from the styling cues and styling mistakes to guide future design. We tend to speak of our wants in terms of cost savings to Subaru, but the plethora of models, options, packages and accessories available in the JDM suggests that cost isn't a concern on the home island. Make those things available to us here in North America as stand-alone, warrantied items and we'll snap them up like candy. What percentage of Subaru's overall revenue comes from North America, anyway?

Some of these may be coming already for all I know.

Ed
    Oh didn't realize the Premium was an option on the AT, thought it was std. on the AT. In that case, yeah make it an option.

They don't have a manual transmission that can handle the power of the H6 engine, that is the reason for the AT only on it.

They should develop an MT and a 5EAT for the H6 though. Heck engineer an MT and an EAT for the 396hp/405lbs torque of the B11S and then you can put it in the lower models and save on costs as well as have an overly powerful tranny.

-mike
  • twrxtwrx Member Posts: 647
    1. All H6 available with 5 speed.
    2. Sunroof/CW package on WRX wagon.
    3. 5 speed premium package Forester XT.
    4. Bajas:

a. Base: $19,000 delete SR, leather, H4.
    b. Rugged: $21,000 Base plus H6 with increased towing.
    c. Luxury/VDC: $29,000 H6 plus, leather, CD changer, SR, heated seats, VDC, climate control.
    d. Sport: $26,000 turbo H4, (Forester spec) 16" wheels with 55-205 (reduces ground clearance to 6") delete leather in favor of sport seats, SR, 6 disc changer, MOMO wheel, Al pedals etc.

What do you think eh?

TWRX
  • blackbeanblackbean Member Posts: 100
    Ok, here is my wish list. I currently have a 2002 LL Bean that needs the following "upgrades" to make it really perfect:
    1. More back seat room - for 3 adults (maybe 2" wider)
    2. More Cargo room - maybe nake vehicle 4" longer overall (2'' for F&R legroom and 2" for cargo) and square off rear hatch to give more useful space for big stuff.
    3. Only one sunroof - bigger and it opens all the way - like in the new Forester!!!
    4. Eliminate body cladding (or at least give option for color-matched body cladding).
    5. Locking differntials (manual or electronic) - basically a 4WD switch - hate to admit, but I got stuck in deep snow that had ice underneath - the opposite corner wheels just spun - I know I could have slogged out if ALL 4 wheels would have turned together in a "LOW" setting. Nothing fancy, just the option to make it out on your own (I stuck sticks under all the wheels and got out without having to call for help - but the wife still teased me relentlessly :(
    6. Auto-down and auto-up for BOTH front windows.
    7. A cruise control "activated" light on the dash - controls are fine and I like the lighted rocker switch, but I just want a visual confirmation that the cruise is engaged.
    8. Ok, now I am getting really nitpicky, but how about a framed window door and less side-mirror wind noise???

So, I would be happy to trade in my LL Bean for the new model as soon as they become available... :-)
    Haa that would be funny. There are only 3 vehicles that come with factory lockers:

H2 Hummer
    GWagen
    Not sure of the 3rd but I think there are 3

You should have a rear LSD on your LL Bean so you should have been able to slog out with BOTH rear wheels turning.

-mike
    "Make those things available to us here in North America as stand-alone, warrantied items and we'll snap them up like candy."

Ed makes a very good point here. While the new limited STi bits are a good start, SoA really needs to work on more options for N. America.

I recently spent nearly $150 buying a rear cup holder, headlight and foglight covers from a UK dealership. I just spent over $800 in Prodrive wheels which was cheap since The Tire Rack no longer sells them. Those wheels are $300 each at dealers in the U.K.
    SoA and/or FHI really needs to get onboard with the Prodrive/STi market as well as other WRX options available in the UK. If not, well I guess I'll just have to spend my money at UK dealers and other U.S. Prodrive distributors. :-)

-Dennis
  • hypovhypov Member Posts: 3,068
    I just spent $190 for the Prodrive mudflaps. Yes, UK.
    I'm now working on Rear Waist Spoiler and the UK 17s.
    Maybe EDM project headlights, maybe.
    That's going to be about $3,000 that could be spent SoA's way.
    I agree, SoA needs to go at the cake while it's still whole.

-Dave
    I'll follow Ed's lead and list what I want. Here is my Dream Subaru Fleet:

Forester XT Sport: 2.5l turbo engine, 5 speed manual, low range, unpainted lower cladding, metal skid plates, 2" lift from the factory, moonroof as the only "luxury" option. Basically a built-up X model with a turbo and a very reasonable price. Beefed up towing and 9-pin harness for hitch. Price around $25k equipped.

Big SUW: 7 seater with H6 and 5 speed Shiftronic auto, heated cloth, big moonroof, but *NO* cladding or two-tone at all. This would be the wife's car and do family duty. 2nd and 3rd rows fold flat. Factory window tint. $30k MSRP with no fancy stereo, no Momo, no BBS, no leather to inflate prices.

B11S targa-top: OK, to keep it affordable use a 2.5T engine and price it around $30k. Let the 400hp powertrain take prices to just under $40k so they have a true halo car.

Wow, what a dream fleet! :-)

-juice
    Think there's enough here to get you started?

Gosh, people here asking for towing upgrades and dual-range trannys, and I didn't have to say a word... :)

Bob
  • kenskens Member Posts: 5,869
    Equality!

Give wagons and manual transmission models the same options as their sedan and AT brethren!!

It just doesn't make sense coming from a company that established brand equity on wagons and is now aiming for performance.

Ken
  • hondafriekhondafriek Member Posts: 2,984
    Could you post the URLs for those UK dea;ers please.

All the subies in Canada will get the AWP, and I do not see why it is not the same across the board in the states..

Granted in several states it would be superflous, but in those States I would think Subaru would be a minimal presence anyway.

So one suggestion from me would be make the AWP standard across the board like it is in Canada.

Cheers Pat.
    for all Legacy/Outback wagons, Forester and Baja; add the self-leveling rear suspension found in other markets..

Bob
    << A wider WRX-type seat for us fat Americans would be helpful though. >>

What about having adjustable side bolsters, so that "wide-bodies" can also be comfortable?

Bob
    Forester forum, actually. See my comments there. A grippy, heated Alcantara-clad seat with good lumbar and decent thigh support would make me a very happy fire hydrant-shaped camper.

Ed
    Shoot, Ken, I say pull an "Animal Farm" and make the wagons "more equal". If anything give them features first, let the sedans be the afterthought.

Subaru is largely seen as a maker of AWD wagons, why not?

I'd like to see Subaru phase out rear drum brakes. The OBS is getting them so only the TS and the Forester X are left. Why bother continuing to stock those items? Stream line with discs only to save costs in the long run.

-juice
  • bsvollerbsvoller Member Posts: 528
    Just looking out for ya, Bob! :)

OT: Bob gave me G4 envy. I should inherit a nice G4Ti Powerbook this month at work though. Sadly, I'm still using a 1996 Motorala Starmax 3000 (Apple clone) at home. Definately not a good purchasing decision... Oh well, live and learn...

-brianV
    I have a friend/co-worker that goes to the UK a few times a year and picks up small parts for me. The dealer is Tiley of Bristol (www.tiley.com) but I don't know if they ship to N. America. You could try doing a web search on Ace Kensington as I believe they ship.

There is one U.S. vendor that gets the UK OEM wheels. I can't think of the name though. edit: vividracing.com(?)

Now back to our regularly scheduled program. :-)

-Dennis
    When I was in London several years ago, I visited Ace Kensington. They're located in a hard to find, but delightful little alley called Radley Mews. I contacted them last year requesting UK Subie brochures, and to my surprise, they sent me some!

Now, back to our regularly scheduled program...

Bob
    ...in November 2000. Got to sit in an Impreza P1 there; I'd have been terrified to drive it out into London traffic. It was there I also learned of the Forester WR Sport package. I have been looking for a WR Sport exhaust to import into the US for my car ever since, to no avail...:-(

Ed
  • ironsides1ironsides1 Member Posts: 30
    Juice-

The '04 Impreza TS is getting rear disc brakes in Canada. I'm hoping that the Forester X will also get them since the Forester is a higher level vehicle than the TS.

Jon
    "all" Subarus for '04 will have 4-wheel disks, even in the USA.

Bob
  • hypovhypov Member Posts: 3,068
    hondafriek Mar 12, 2003 4:24pm

I don't have any contacts of any EC vendors.
    The mudflap is via a local, Arne Haines <ibarne@netzero.net>
    The UK 17s, VividRacing.com, and just recently MauroMotorSports.com. Rear Waste Spoiler, NASIOC local.

-Dave
  • lucien2lucien2 Member Posts: 2,984
    Well, see post #11 from Ed and you pretty much have it! :-)
    Baja to Survive...

rsholland "Subaru Crew - Future Models II" Mar 12, 2003 9:46pm

Let's hope SOA addresses its deficiencies ASAP!

Bob
    I mentioned this a while back, either in the Baja forum or the Future Model forum. Now that we have this new "SOA suggestion" forum, I will re-post my thoughts.

I think there should be 2 different sized Bajas, 1 based on the Outback (as it currently is), and 1 based on the larger 7-passenger crossover. Subaru already employs this 2-tier approach with the Outback: The Outback Sport is based on the smaller Impreza, while the larger Outback is based on the Legacy.

My Suggestion:

1) The Outback-based Baja be called the Baja Sport, and will focus on the "fun" aspect of a small-sized pickup.

2) The crossover-based Baja be called the Baja, and will focus on the "capability" aspect of a mid-sized pickup.

My thinking:

&#149; The closest competitor to the (800 pound payload/2400 pound towing) Baja is the (1,125 pound payload/5000 pound towing) Explorer Sport Trac. Subaru even thinks so, as they have directed ads at comparing the two vehicles.

&#149; The Sport Trac out-sells the Baja by about a zillion-to-1, so it must be offering features that customers prefer over the current Baja. Yeah, I know there are also about a zillion Ford dealers as compared to Subaru, but still...

&#149; I see the smaller Baja Sport and the larger Baja to be "bookends" to the Explorer Sport Trac; meaning that the smaller Baja Sport will remain less capable than the Sport Trac, while larger Baja would be more capable than the Sport Trac.

&#149; In a few years Honda will be selling a pickup. From what I've read so far, it sounds like it will be a cross between the Pilot and a Chevy Avalanche. This is the vehicle larger Baja should target, or at least offer a glancing blow to.

&#149; If Subaru were to offer 2 completely different Bajas, as I've suggested, much of the lack-of-capability-criticism will disappear, because the larger Baja will address those issues.

Bob
    It's not her backing down my driveway&#151;it's ME backing down the driveway, that has problems!

Bob
    I hope Jon/Bob are right about the disc brakes.

You really think there is a market for two Bajas? They don't have enough volume to continue selling one.

Baja simply needs to offer more for less. The Sport model is a good start, the turbo has to be priced very carefully or they'll sell 3 per year.

-juice
    << You really think there is a market for two Bajas? >>

They're not selling for a whole host of reasons, price being only one.

Keep in mind, this second larger Baja probably won't appear until after the 7-passenger crossover has debuted. So we're talking 2006 at the earliest. By that time that "market" (midi-Avalanche) will have grown considerably.

I see a HUGE market there just waiting to be exploited. Look how popular the Avalanche is. Think how popular a smaller&#151;and much more family-friendly version would be.

Bob
    If the SUW can really hold 7 passengers, payload for it should be at least 1000 lbs, maybe 1200. That would solve the utility issue.

-juice
    However, there are those who will want a pickup for messy loads and for larger bulky loads.

I suspect the 7-passenger crossover will be more like the Chrysler Pacifica, and less like the Honda Pilot. By that I mean more tall station wagon, and less SUV. Remember all the 7-passenger concepts Subaru has shown over the last few years? They were ALL station wagons, much like the Legacy.

Bob
    had a sliding rear roof, like the GMC Envoy XUV/Studebaker Wagonaire, to accommodate large bulky stuff, then I might agree with you.

Bob
  • leo2633leo2633 Member Posts: 589
    I would like to see Subaru offer factory tinted windows, like many SUVs and minivans have. I second (or third, or whatever) the suggestion for a cruise control activated/in use light. Every other car I've had with CC had this. Also, a "sport" suspension for the Forester.

Len
  • corkfishcorkfish Member Posts: 537
    The Forester will be lowered and will have a sport suspension in the Turbo version coming out. My biggest peeve is styling. I wish auto manufacturers would make a perfomance car that an adult can drive. The STI would have been perfect if they had mounted the intercooler in the front and removed both the hood scoop and the whale tail. I'll pay extra for a sleeper. It's also nice to keep things less than $30,000.
    Len- I think it's against federal law to factory tint passenger car windows and all Subarus (with the exception of the Baja) are classified as passenger cars (even the Forester). In comparison, most SUV's and all minivans are considered "light trucks" which have far more relaxed safety, emission and mpg standards. So kudos to Subaru for building safer, cleaner and more fuel-efficient vehicles.

-Frank P.

P.S. Even though the Baja is classified as a truck it still meets the passenger car standards!
    Frank P is correct. That is why we don't have factory tint in any Subaru except the Baja.

-mike
    Yeah, but the Exiga was a preview of the last Legacy, not any future model. The market has changed a lot since then. Ironically, it seems to be heading towards designs like the Exiga!

By the way - I just meant that the SUW platform could then be used for a bigger Baja. I wasn't implying the SUW would fill that demand.

As for the tint, the Baja has it, because it's a truck. I really think Subaru should just apply "if you can't beat 'em, join 'em" logic and certify the next Forester, the big SUW, and maybe even the next Outback as trucks. If only to get over the CAFE issue.

-juice
  • wrxsoon1wrxsoon1 Member Posts: 158
    Patti,
    In case you don't frequent the NASIOC forums much SUBE555 has some very well thought out ideas. Here are his thoughts on the Legacy line up...

"Well I am going to bring this thread back to action, I am reposting the same info as another thread here to stay on-topic.

Recent interest has been stated about Legacy options beyond the 2.5T and 2.5NA engines. With recent word of a viable 5MT(or possibly a 6MT) that should be capable of the power demands of the new turbocharged Legacy model, I personally think the U.S. should recieve an H6 model, available with a manual option. That would really boost performance figures, and give the US another small/mid-size sedan/wagon with good performance for not a bad value.

As stated in another thread, I would like to see the following by 2006 (or sooner if possible)...

* Starting at…$19,495* Legacy L Sedan & Wagon
    (NA 2.5L H4 - 170hp, 5MT & 5EAT w/ Sportshift)
    Similar feature set as current L
    - 3.900 Final Ratio (5MT)

* Starting at...$20,995* Legacy L SE Sedan & Wagon
    (NA 2.5L H4 - 175hp, 5MT & 5EAT w/ Sportshift)
    Similar feature set to current L SE but with…
    - 4.111 Final Ratio
    - Viscous Rear LSD (5MT)
    - 11.4&#148; Vented 2-Piston Front, 11.3&#148; Solid 1-Piston Rear Brakes (same as current GT)
    - Sport Exhaust (good for 5hp, little better tone)
    - 16&#148; Alloy Wheels

* Starting at...$25,495* Legacy RS30 Sedan & GT30 Wagon
    * Starting at...$26,995* Legacy RS30 Limited Sedan & GT30 Limited Wagon
    (NA 3.0L H6 &#150; 235-245hp, 5MT & 5EAT w/ Sportshift)
    Similar to overseas RS30/GT30 models but with…
    - AVCS
    - Sport Exhaust
    - 4.111 Final Ratio (&#149;See Below for Gear Ratio Data&#149;)
    - Viscous Rear LSD (5MT)
    - OPTIONAL Front LSD (5MT)
    - 4-Wheel Vented Disc Brakes
    - OPTIONAL STI 4-Piston Brake Caliper Kit w/ Stainless Lines
    - OPTIONAL STI Performance Suspension Kit
    - 17&#148; Alloy Wheels (2-options)
    - Standard Trim includes: High-Grade Cloth Interior, Well Bolstered Performance Front Bucket Seats, Aluminum Trim with OPTIONAL Carbon Fiber Trim
    - &#145;Limited&#146; Trim includes: Leather Interior, Woodgrain Trim, Performance Front Bucket Heated Seats, Heated External Mirrors, Upgraded Security Package, Auto-Dimming Miror/Compass, Premium Sound Package

* Stating at...$26,995* Legacy GT-R Sedan & GT-B Wagon
    * Stating at...$28,495* Legacy GT-R Limited Sedan & GT-B Limited Wagon
    (Turbo 2.5L H4 - 275hp, 5MT or 6MT & 5EAT w/ Sportshift)
    Key features:
    - Same Interior Features as Legacy RS30/GT30 for both standard and &#145;Limited&#146; trim packages
    - OPTIONAL Dash-Mounted Gauge Pack or just Single Boost Gauge
    - Sport Exhaust
    - 4.111 Final Ratio (&#149;See Below For Gear Ratio Data&#149;)
    - Front and Rear Suretrac, Viscous Center LSD's (MT models)
    - (Longshot) OPTIONAL DCCD (MT models)
    - Large 4-Wheel Vented Disc Brakes (requires min 16x7&#148; wheels)
    - OPTIONAL STI 4-Piston Front/ 2-Piston Rear Brake Caliper Upgrade w/ Stainless Lines
    - OPTIONAL STI Performance Suspension Kit
    - OPTIONAL STI Performance Bushing/ Mount Kit
    - 17&#148; Alloy Wheels (2-options)
    - OPTIONAL 18&#148; BBS Alloy Wheels
    - OPTIONAL Sedan Rear Spoiler (both: Low Profile and Wing Designs)
    - OPTIONAL Wagon Rear Spoiler: High Mount
    - OPTIONAL Subaru Aero Kit (Sedan and Wagon Versions) (Side Skirts, Front Lip Spoiler, Rear Under Spoiler)

This would cover prettymuch all price ranges as listed below...
    &#149;Base L (Starting less than $20k)
    &#149;L Special Edition (beefed up/ extra featured L) (Just above $20k)
    &#149;Performance H6 Sedan/Wagon (Mid $20k Range)
    &#149;Performance Turbo model (Mid-High $20k Range)

The ratios are listed on my website under 'Share Folder' at the top and the Excel (.xls) file is named Auto Info Worksheet. I have what I would consider the best candidate while playing around with various ratios (mostly currently used gears and some custom figures.) The figures are shown for about 2250rpm up through 7,000 rpm in increments of 250rpm. Note, I am still playing around with the ratios so it changes a little week to week. Sometime I will make an actual graph to show how they overlap. Any questions, post or drop me an email."

This is from a thread titled "Subaru: Many exciting projects..." in the News and Rumors section of the NASIOC General forum.

-Ian
    I've mentioned this a long time ago, but I think it's worth repeating:

I'd like to see, on all wagons & Foresters, to have a permanently attached cargo guard, that is "hinged" on the interior ceiling, so that it can flip up and out of the way when not needed (over the cargo area). This would work much like a sun visor.

Better still, have it split, so it can work with the split folding seats; part up, and part down. When it is down (being used), the bottom would butt up against the top of the rear seat, to keep it in place.

Bob
    It could also function as a dog guard.

SUBE555 sure is specific. I gotta admit, though, it doesn't seem to make sense to have the L and L/SE with different final drive ratios and rear differentials.

SE means Special Edition, so it's a cosmetic update of the plain L, not a performance update. If you must have the 4.11 final drive and rear LSD, put them on ALL Legacys.

-juice
  • jthorsenjthorsen Member Posts: 39
    Has this been confirmed or is it still a rumor? (That the Turbo Forester will be lowered and have sport suspension.) I don't think it was mentioned in the original press release...just wondering what your source is. Great news if it's true...now we just need the premium package to be offered with the 5MT!!

-Jon
  • fibber2fibber2 Member Posts: 3,786
    Keep leather and sun roofs as options. Personally, I don't like either much, and specifically avoid them.

Availability of 6 cyl engines in base models (wish I could have had the 3.0l in my base OBW).

5 spd autos (love the one in my Odyssey)

Increase to class II (3500lb) towing.

Make that key ring light stay on longer!!!

Make AWP std. I went without because early '02 shipments in my area did not have it.

Keep cladding as an option. Yesterday the rock salt from the passing sander bounced right off my flanks, rather than damaging metal.

Steve
This discussion has been closed.