Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2005 Audi A7 "Pikes Peak"

libertycatlibertycat Member Posts: 593
edited March 2014 in Audi
I am very curious as to what this first Audi SUV with be like. I hope the styling is totally changed from the concept for one. I hope it has plenty of wood trim, passenger, and cargo space inside. I really hope it has a third row seat too.

Comments

• Options
    nv32nv32 Member Posts: 35
    Glad to see this board started. Not much information found. Can anyone send any links about this vehicle?
  • Options
    tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    Here's a tantalizing though brief description along with a pic. Enjoy!

tidester, host
  • Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Another brief link:

2005 Audi Pikes Peak Midsize SUV

Steve, Host
  • Options
  • Options
    $50-70K. YIKES! Audi is out of the question for me in that case. The SUV doesn't seem too impressive anyway.
  • Options
    I like how Audi is starting to follow Volvo and Saab's examples with naming. However, I wish everyone would use real names like Explorer and Taurus.
  • Options
    yosappyyosappy Member Posts: 10
    Hey tidester, your link is junk. I get some South African email registration when I click on it. The other link to Edmunds is still a good one. I had already seen this A7 in a concept test drive article that spoke nothing but praise. HOW CAN YOU SAY IT IS NOT IMPRESSIVE libertycat? You gotta' be either blind or stupid! It's the BEST LOOKING SUV I have ever seen.

I want to Test Drive the upcoming 2005 Audi Pikes Peak Quattro (A7). Does anyone know of a dealer in Southern California who has one; or, who will be the first dealer in Southern California to get one that I can test drive? This looks like a real nice machine that I can maybe, finally replace my frumpy Olds minivan with.

I will also be comparing it with the 2005 BMW X7 (?), which I also hope gets the go-ahead, the Cadillac Escalade ESV; and, the 2004 Infiniti QX56. Any comments on these 3 vehicles are welcome.

Thank You!
  • Options
    Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    yosappy, tidester's link is several months old, so the content on that news site may have changed since then, and member libertycat is long gone. Sounds like you'll have to wait awhile to replace the minivan if you're looking at 2005 models!

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• Options
    qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,947
    You might not be looking hard enough. Looks a heckuva lot like the Touareg/Cayenne to me.
    and isuzu axiom
    and even the upcoming Dodge Magnum

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• Options
    Hey, nice comparo, but I still think it LOOKS GOOD! As a matter of fact, I liked the looks of all the vehicles you posted; but, the AUDI LOOKS BETTER, MORE REFINED. I think that it mostly resembles the Touareg/Cayenne, because they are family members.

So what's your point? What SUV do you think LOOKS THE BEST?
  • Options
    merc1merc1 Member Posts: 6,081
    Jee moe netty...the Dodge smokes the rest of those in the looks department.

M
  • Options
    The Dodge looks too much like the STATION WAGEN that it is.
  • Options
    merc1merc1 Member Posts: 6,081
    Well since thats what it is, what else do you expect?

M
  • Options
    My point was to counter your silly remark to libertycat. He/she said it wasn't impressive and you came back with a childish remark about being blind or stupid. I also don't think its "impressive" just because it looks like so many others. I'm not saying it doesn't look good, I'm just saying its nothing outstanding, original, unique, or "impressive."

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• Options
    OK, so I'm childish and silly; but, I still haven't gotten you to tell me which SUV YOU think looks GOOD; or, is, "outstanding, original, unique, or impressive." C'mon now, give me a REAL make, model & year. I want to see what your taste is...............
  • Options
    I don't find SUVs "impressive", frankly. I see them as tools more than objects of desire. But, if I was to pick one that turns my head more than all the others? Probably the FX45. But I do worry that will look dated in just a few years, so my opinion could easily change with the next best thing that comes out tomorrow.

• Options
    Yes, the Infiniti FX45 is a good choice and it has a great name. I also like its Nissan sibling. But, I need a 6-seater or larger so those two are out of the running for me. Right now I'm banking on either the BMW X7, Audi Pikes Peak (A7) or the Infiniti QX56. I'm just biding my time for the first test drive this spring of the QX56. Also, the BMW X7 is only a rumor so far. I hope it gets traction, or already is in the works.
  • Options
    82bordeaux82bordeaux Member Posts: 1
    Any info on the release date for the Pikes Peak/A7? I'm in the mood to buy something.
    Thanks,
    Dave
  • Options
    ypshanypshan Member Posts: 103
    Looks like they are road testing it. Can't read the language. Is there a date in there?

I am very interested in buying one as well.
  • Options
    steven2steven2 Member Posts: 37
    Is the A7 going to have 3rd row seating? If so, will it have the room to compete with the QX56? Otherwise, there is no way to justify paying anything more than 40K for it
  • Options
    Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    Yes, the A7 will have 3 rows of seating. There's not a lot of information on it, but here's what we've got:
    "Audi is scheduled to release a production version of its Pikes Peak sometime early next year. The vehicle will ride on the same platform that underpins both the VW Touareg and Porsche Cayenne. Power will come from the same 4.2-liter V8 found in the A6/A8 sedans, and the interior will include three rows of seating and an optional full-length glass moonroof. Expect pricing for 4.2-liter models in the $60,000 range, while a possible V6 version may go for around $50,000"
    link to futures page.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

This discussion has been closed.