Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Suzuki Verona

Comments

• tom willetttom willett Member Posts: 3
    Tom,

I read your post that the Verona is only .5 behind the Camry. May I ask where you read that? That sounds encouraging! :)

-Tom (Also in K.C.)
  • pciro2180pciro2180 Member Posts: 43
    Hi everyone,

By the way, I agree with Tom on all of this hoopla about Suzuki not trying to sell these. I don't know where Chuck is from, but I have 3 Dealers in my area alone, and I know one of the service managers and at all three of these dealers, there is not one Verona sitting in the back of the lot, as a matter of fact, these cars are selling very good in the Chicago market, I see them on the road every morning. Anyways, I went to the Chicago Auto Show and I talked with one of the parts analyst people from the Suzuki office in Woodale, Illinois, and asked him a couple of questions. First, I asked him if they are planning on getting rid of these cars in 2006. He said that the Verona is selling very well, as well as the Forenza. He said the difference in the amount you see on the road is because of the price difference, and the Forenza is liked much more by people in their teens to early twenties, because they like the smaller cars like the civic and focus, and most are in college and cannot afford to spend the 17,000 for the Verona. The Verona is aimed more as the family vehicle, even though I think it is a sporty family car. The Second question was about the feeling of the engine kinda cutting out at 45 MPH. This is not a big deal, my car does it every once in a while, but all cars can do something wierd at certain times. He told me that that is the Fuzzy logic transmission on the car, it learned upon your driving style, whether you jack rabbit, or start normal off of a stop light, to shift at the 45MPH point or a little earlier, depending on which you do coming off of a light. 3rd question is about some of the people here, inculding myself, that were having problems with the car sounding like it was knocking when reducing from high speeds. He said they found that the dealers were putting 10w-40 in the cars instead of the 5w-30 that is supposed to be in the car. As you know, at high speeds and hot temp in the engine, the 10w-30 thins out and likes to drain back to the oil pan instead of staying up near the lifters. I did my own oil change and found that this took car of the problem. If you go to the dealer for an oil change, ask them to use 5w-30 in your car. we talked for nearly a half hour about the car, and I found out all of this, when the dealer won't tell you jack because they really have no clue.

Hope this Helps

Peter:)
  • jungsukjungsuk Member Posts: 2
    I purchased a 2004 Chevrolet Epica (which is an almost-identical twin to the Verona) early June 2004. The car was great - it had all the features we were looking for. Furthermore, the car (called the Daewoo Magnus in Korea) is actually a high-class sedan that has been in production for several years in Korea.

Almost immediately, we ran into problems with our car stalling. In the beginning, the car only stalled when we were stopped at a red light or a stop sign, but on the odd occasion, it would stall while we were actually accelerating in the middle of a freeway.

We took the car in about 9-10 times at a local dealership where we got the car from, but the problem wouldn't get fixed. The ECM Valve is the issue, they said. They replaced it and it still didn't work. They tried all sorts of things and I think I may have driven my car about 5 times over the next several months while they were working on my car to find a problem.

I should say that the dealership did give it its best shot. GM was the company that wasn't quite so co-operative.

That's when I called GM directly and vented my concerns and even hinted at the possibility of a lawsuit. I didn't think it was right for GM to put me in a car that could put my life at risk.

On September 2004, GM agreed to buy back our faulty Epica and got me a brand new model. It has stalled once, but after they did the "lean fuel" recall, it has not stalled since and it has been a wonderful car.
  • ccbloome61ccbloome61 Member Posts: 35
    My problems so far:
    Bought the car in July 2004.
    Dealer stopped selling Suzuki in November.
    Recall was performed on Ecm.
    The only running problem has been, the car sometimes acts like it is stalling or surging between 45-55 mph. (transmission?)
    Check engine light came on at 8200 miles, 2 weeks ago. Drove 100 miles to nearest dealer to find oxygen sensor bad. Reset light and ordered part. Light is still off, but will have to drive another 100 miles each way to have the sensor changed.
    I am pretty happy with the Verona, the worst issue to me is the dealer in Chattanooga losing it's franchise and now having to drive to Atlanta.
  • chuck1chuck1 Member Posts: 1,405
    "Almost immediately, we ran into problems with our car stalling. In the beginning, the car only stalled when we were stopped at a red light or a stop sign, but on the odd occasion, it would stall while we were actually accelerating in the middle of a freeway."

There is no excuse for a car to stall while merging on to a FREEWAY. I am glad they bought back your car and got you another. This just proves my point. If GM knew what was wrong and how to fix it, they would not have purchased your car back from you. I maintain they have these issues and don't know what they are. We know one thing for sure-the dealers just can't seem to fix them-and that is not good news. You are now the SECOND PERSON I know of on this board who got a buy back! These cars ARE NOT SELLING in Southern California.
  • kctomkctom Member Posts: 47
    Tom

I saw that on MSN's auto WEB site. I used the 2004 figures for the Verona. They do not yet have any comments on the 2005. I guess that everyone is very happy with their 2005's.

I like sites like this. Contributors get one shot. Here problems can seem exagerated because those unhappy will be the bulk of the contributers, many times over and over. This is not to say that there is anything wrong with that. That is what this site is for.

Tom
    -"Well I really don't have any complaints about how the transmission shifts-but it could be better". I think what this statement really means is-"Well- I really don't like the shifting pattern (there goes that darn ECM again!) but I guess I will have to put up with it!" Oh well....

Charlie,

When did you become a mind reader. I made that statement and I did not mean that. I am a realistic person and did not expect a perfect Automobile. I perfection is your criterea, maybe you should buy a Rolls.

Tom
    "Leading the way, American Suzuki enjoyed a near 30% sales increase over last September, due to the strength of their new car models, the Forenza and Verona. The strong month put Suzuki 25% ahead of 2003 sales to date."

http://www.aiada.org/article.asp?id=24306

Another example of fact over fiction.

Tom F
    Tom,
    No one has ever said the Suzuki isn't selling cars. It would seem that common sense would surmise that their sales would have to be up, simply because they have more models to sell. However, the link you provided does indeed say sales are up-but does not mention the breakdown. Their sales would be up if their product mix was 90% Forenza and 10% Verona. What "PR" is Suzuki going to put out? Something like-" Our sales are up last year on the sales of the Forenza which appears to be a good car, and we are selling a few units of the Verona which we have had numerous problems with, especially when you consider the weak sales volume!" Yes, if it's in print it must be true!!!
  • sunshine10sunshine10 Member Posts: 2
    Hello all. I just bought my Verona less than 24 hours ago. I researched many cars for months before deciding to trade in my car for the Verona. Verona seemed to be the best buy for the money. I got a great deal. I bought a wrap 100,000 mile bumper/bumper-YES BUMPER/BUMPER-not just power train. It’s only available for Verona's with less than 10,000 miles-I advise anyone who drives 30,000 miles per year for their profession, to get this warranty. It's well worth it if the price of the car is knocked down a bit..use your negotiating skills..smiles..

By the way, make sure if you buy one of these warranties, that they are giving you the ZERO deductible bumper-bumper 100,000 and not the $100.00 deductible one-YOU HAVE TO "ASK" for the zero deductible one if they are making you a deal that includes the wrap warranty. For example, when you are making a deal and then the dealer says "How about if I give you this price PLUS a wrap bumper/ bumper 100,000 mile warranty at no charge?" If a dealer does this, make sure that if you decide to take them up on this, that you say "Yes, but this must INCLUDE the zero deductible plan." Also you need to make sure that financing department (the place you go to do all your paper work, and solidifying of the deal) puts a zero deductible on your invoice as well!! I ended up paying 300 $ more for my warranty because I didn't clarify the type of coverage I said "yes" to in the beginning-I didn’t realize there was a 100 $ deductible vs. Zero deductible option till too later. Oh one more thing..in order to utilize your zero deductible plan, you have to go to the dealer from which you bought the car. So remember this when you buy a warranty such as that.

Anyway, as I was saying, I spent months researching and debating whether or not to get a newer car with barely any miles-"Cause you never buy brand new"-well not "usually" although I see alot of you have bought new and gotten great deals on your Verona's...smiles....Anyway, usually buying a car that's one year old with low low miles is better on your pocket book.

So as I was saying, I compared "used" with less than 9,000 miles, but with all the bells and whistles (Suzuki EX- leather, heated seats, sunroof, woodgrain,I6, etc..), or a higher end car with more miles with same options and similar price range (there is no way to get a higher end car with all the options of the Suzuki unless you get a higher end car that's older with high mileage ie: Audi, Lexus, VW Passat etc...)-

So I decided on getting "more for less" by buying the Verona. It had approx 9.1 on the customer reviews scale, and the reviews that I read in the beginning were all positive but ONE. I also read a "drive" review that Edmunds posted on this site that told about the drive of the vehicle etc...it was all POSITIVE...I was soooooo happy last night when I drove home in my new budget luxury car!!!!!!

Well....I get online this morning and begin looking up some other specs on the Verona,(due to being soo excited,) which led me to decide to DIVE back into the customer reviews to read all the other positive reviews, because now I can relate to them since I actually have my car now.

AND THEN I checked out the forum (this place)..........

I was mortified, horrified, however you want to put it! I cried after reading all the NEGATIVE feed back!!!!!!!! Where were all this Negative reviews in the "customer reviews" section of the site for the Verona EX? They are not there! What’s up with the approx 9.1 customer rating, which is high?? According this forum, the customer review rate should be somewhere around a 3!

So here I sat sobbing, stomach hurting, etc...Then a bright Positive reality came to mind that I wanted to share with the rest of you who have bought this car.......

Yes Suzuki Verona has some problems with recalls, BUT let me tell you, my 2002 Jetta 1.8 Turbo had PLENTY of recalls, and they are have a rep of being the top of the line "German made" cars. There were lots of recalls on it. The dealer would always catch them when I took my car in for service (oil changes etc...) They would simply give me a loaner car for the day or the week, fix the recalled item at no charge and then I was on my happy way. The important thing is that the loaner car was available so I could get to my customers when I had to work...

Anyway, I know that Suzuki will be the same way. They will have recalls, give us a loaner car, and then we will be on our merry way! OH, and IF YOU HAVEN'T BOUGHT A SUZUKI YET, THEN MAKE SURE THE DEALER YOU BUY IT FROM OFFERS "free" SERVICE LOANERS..THIS WAY, YOU WILL NOT BE "CAR-LESS" IF YOU NEED TO HAVE A WARRANTIED OR RECALLED PART FIXED, OR A SCHEDULED MAINTENENCE DONE ON YOUR CAR.

Think of it this way....Does anyone ever shop at discount grocery stores ie: Market Place? I didn't use to 'til I was told about them by a friend. I am glad I started shopping there, cause, shopping there cut my grocery bill in half...I went from spending 300 dollars a grocery run, to spending around 130-150. I saved $1800.00 per year on groceries! There is a catch though...you have to check expiration dates on lunch meats, salad dressings and a few other things you buy, cause some things are out of date, so you just put it back grab one with a regular date. It is a hassle, but the time it takes me to check the dates, and pick up a product with a desired exp date, on the small amount of items, doesn't compare to the value I am getting out of saving 1,800 dollars per year in groceries.

In closing, yes, there are recalls, and bugs, but even the high end cars have this going on. So we are getting a better price and do not have to sacrifice our bells and whistles... we are getting our leather, power moon roof, heated seats, wood grain, I6, and a fabulous warranty etc...All a value with out having to fork out our kidney to pay for it.

SO MY FINAL SAY ON THE SUZUKI VERONA EX IS THIS....

SUZUKI VERONA EX ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!! I give it a 10!

Congrats to all who own and love this car!!!!

Mine is the shiny black one. What color is your EX?

Sincerely,

Sunshine

Parkland Washington....
    "I was mortified, horrified, however you want to "put it! I cried after reading all the NEGATIVE feed back!!!!!!!! Where were all this Negative reviews in the "customer reviews" section of the site for the Verona EX? They are not there! What’s up with the approx 9.1 customer rating, which is high?? According this forum, the customer review rate should be somewhere around a 3!"

First of all Sunshine... congrats on your new car purchase. I think you did the right thing by buying the "wrap warranty" and the loaner car program. I don't mean to be negative... but you will probably use both. The thing about consumer reviews; these are generally a very poor place to research the car. This is why. When someone spends $15,000.00 to $20,000.00 thousand (or more)on a new car, people tend to "rationalize" their purchase, no matter how bad their purchase turns out to be. And this doesn't only happen with cars, it happens to other major purchases as well. (Ever know anyone who purchased a house and found out it was in a crime ridden-or poor performing school area?). Here's upside for you-you are right, chances are no matter how much trouble your Verona may/may not give you, it will not compare to your Volkswagen!
    Interesting comment Chuck. On the one hand you are saying that Suzuki hides their Veronas in the back lot because they are ashamed of them, then you say the PR is squeing the figures to make the Verona stand out.
    Some people read something into the quality of the Verona and the promotion that Suzuki does. I work in television. I remember the buzz flowing around the studio when a big named start was scheduled for an interview. We knew that they had a new movie soon to be released soon and it was a dog. Promote the hell out of it and hope that people see it before word spreads. With sattelite interviews, we don't see this any more.

Generally you promote that which you are not proud of, not that which you are. Get it sold before word spreads. Either that or pull them completely. Interesting that people connect pride and car salesmen.

New Veronas, especially 2004 models, sitting on the back lot is a very good sign. Be very careful of the highly promoted model up front.

Tom

Here in KC, enjoyng my new Verona EX.
  • rasuprasup Member Posts: 136
    Chuck, Sunshine,
    Sunshine..congrats on the new car!!! You got a super deal!!. I know my question sounds funny, but why would the dealer/suzuki offer such a warantee on the Car?.It leaves me - a Verona user for more than a year nervous. I get questions in my head---Is the current Verona model being scrapped---engine and trans and all?. What will happen to the parts and support?. I read on the web grapevine that the next Verona (I think it is being planned to be continued) will be scrapping the inline 6 and a GM engine and trans is being planned--this is not official and I would ask all to verify this. The engine may be provided in variants from 2.7L to 3.5L based on the epsilon platform?. I dont know if this is correct but i am just mentioning what I read on the web. So I wonder if they are axe-ing the inline 6. Sad because the inline is the smoothest engine I have driven.
    Meanwhile my Verona is doing fine at 7800 miles. They checked out the fault on my driver window and replaced the switch..guess what? they found that the motor needed to be replaced. This brings me to the point that Zuki has to step up QC on the Car to boost sales and save trouble for the users as well as itself. Hyundai seems to be reaping rewards due to this..lookout for the new cars coming soon. Inthe process the Costs appear to have gone up. Comments...?
    "On the one hand you are saying that Suzuki hides their Veronas in the back lot because they are ashamed of them, then you say the PR is squeing the figures to make the Verona stand out."

Yes, Suzuki is doing "Spin Marketing". And dealers only put in their front line what is selling. Go to most dealerships and you see trucks and SUVs in the front lines, because those are what is selling. If the Veronas were selling, the dealers would have a lot more of them, and they would be in the front line.
    Chuck,
    Quite hoestly, I don't care about Suzukis supposed problems. All I know is that I got an excellent deal on a car that I really like. On the other hand, you didn't.

Tom
    Verona Cruising
    All that matters is that your happy!
  • carrinocarrino Member Posts: 42
    Hello sunshine.. If you read back, you will find my posts, and you will be happy to see that i have a 2004 verona ex i leased in dec of 2004. I have had no problems at all, and i have 22,104 miles on this car since i use it for business. Yes i had the ecm replaced, but i never experienced the problems that everyone said they had. I just figured i would have it replace since it was recalled. I love this car, and get compliments all the time on looks and driving of the verona. Not every car is perfect, i had a saturn L200 before this, and the power steering pump went bad after 10,000 miles and the steering column also had to be replaced. Enjoy this car, and judge it by yourself, not what anyone tells you.
  • hope2hope2 Member Posts: 8
    I think we all have different experiences. And I really hope for all of you who think you got a good one that you do. And yes I loved my ride when I first got it too. BUT! I did not get a good one. I have went to arbitration and lost because I was told by the attorney general that I did not need a attorney. Boy did I feel stupid when Suzuki high money attorney twisted every thing I said. And also said he never got papers I sent certifed. It was a joke, the hole thing was unfare and most of all I know how Suzuki is.Im very sad and unhappy with my car,and belive me I wish I was not.
    Remember, half the lies you hear, aren't true.

Tom
    I don't know why they would scrap this automobile. Check MSN's auto section and Edmunds. Despite the stalling problems, overall comsumer satisfaction with this vehicle is quite high.

Tom
    "don't know why they would scrap this automobile. Check MSN's auto section and Edmunds. Despite the stalling problems, overall comsumer satisfaction with this vehicle is quite high."

-It goes back to my earlier post(s)people rationalize when they spend big money and make a bad purchasing decision.....it happens ALL THE TIME!!!!
    What do you mean half the lies you hear are not true. I think we all have our own opnion don't you. It's all a matter of what 'that' person has been through and no one really knows until they have been in 'that' persons shoes, Right? I know the crap Suzuki has put me through. And the feeling of having a car that has problems, and having no rights because im not able to prove it to a money powered attoney. The problem is that it is intermitten and comes and goes. And I have witneses that know of this. I don't like it any more then anyone else but its happening to me and I don't feel save in this car. And that is because of what I have had to deal with. I am sorry to burst anyones bubble, im not that kind of person but I have a opinon to and sad to say it, this is it. Please understand I hope others never have to go through this. If you love your verona then I am HAPPY for you very very much...
    "I know the crap Suzuki has put me through. And the feeling of having a car that has problems, and having no rights because im not able to prove it to a money powered attorney."

I learned something very important on one of those T. V. news magazines recently....do not sign a form that includes Arbitration. Your best bet is in a court of law...and not an arbitration process that is stacked against the consumer. The only thing is that you will have to find a dealer that is willing to delete from their standard form.
    In this forum you will find positive and negative opinions. I had big ECM problems but they have been resolved. But there have been other minor quality problems. This is something Zuki has to work on..especially the parts and their vendor quality.As far as edmunds and msn auto are concerned there are positive as well as negative ones. You will find that the newer car owners give praise and the older ones either a more practical or realistic picture. Don't get me wrong , the Verona offers a lot for the buck, but it needs refinement, more power, smoother and better transmission to take on the best cars out there. The quality issues need sorting out too. For a new first big car by Zuki, the effort is very good barring the ECM fiasco. If you see the edmunds site the expert review rating to be 6.5 /10 (I may not agree to that)..the user rating is 8.25 lower than 9+ for other cars. Tom why is Zuki not advertising 2005 Verona..if you say that there is nothing wrong with the Verona? or an engine change or something like that is not on the cards?. Why is Verona not being pushed in front of showrooms or why are there fewer ad's in the papers or special competitions/prizes with the car? Why can't I see the Verona at my local malls?. I know I am asking a lot from a new company..but to compete with the big names this may be necessary.
    My feeling after 7800 miles on the Verona is - very smooth loaded car, very spacious,family car..but needs refinement in power,trans,quality of parts.
    I know what you mean chuck. Those Toyota buyers pump up the value of their Camery's when they realize what they could have saved if they had purchased a Verona.
    Cool it Hope. First, half the lies you hear aren't true is absolutely true.

Second, I was referring to all of the rumors that travel around the internet about what Suzuki is going to do with the Verona.

I do not consider your reports of problems with your Verona to be a rumor at all. I am very confident that your problems are real. These are referred to as antidotal evidence.

What you experienced is absolutely true for you. That alone does not maked the Verona a bad automobile. Nor does my experience.

I am quite baffled by the failure of the ECM upgrade to solve the problems experienced by some owners. If I was you I would be looking into my states lemon laws. They seem very straight forward. Simply produce the required record of in- warranty repairs and inconvience and they must buy your car back. In Ohio, if the car company does not comply, and you need the use of an attorney, the car company pays legal fees. I would be checking the lemon law in your state.

I would not get a lawyer involved until Suzuki rejects you claim. Why waste your money.

I do wish you good luck.

Tom
    Thanks Tom, Im cool, I did not mean to bite your head off. But Im stressed out man. I did go through the limon law thats what arbitration is for. But in Fl. You have to pay your attorney fees. And I cant do that. I have had my ECM replaced 3 times and it reprogramed 1 by my dealer. But suks attorney said they did it just to please me. Tell me would you do all that unless you thought there might be a problem, I know I would not, because it makes you look bad. They know there is a problem and don't want to deal with it. I just wanted my car fixed. But when I brought it back to the tec. said that suzuki said that he was not to fix it anymore. And this was before I decided to persue the lemon law. The owner of the delership was the one who said I should go through with the lemon law. He new all I was going through, I had the car up there every week almost for something. And now I hear that there is a recall on the brake lights, that is a safty issue. So I will be going back. They still have not fix the doors on my car. I could deal with some of this, But come on this is getting a bit silly. I just want the new car I am paying for. Im not rich but I am still a customer right. HOPE will drive on anyway, what choice do I have. Love to all the people......
    Rasup, That was a good post. I agree with everything you said!
    Hope,

I understand your stress. Florida has a Lemon law. Contact the Attorney General's Office. Follow the proceedure outlined by the lemon law. They only have 4 tries to fix a reoccuring problem. Sounds like you are there.

The way I read the law, you send Suzuki a certified letter stating that they have had three unsuccessful tries at repiring you car. This starts a clock for them to have one more try. Failure and its all over.

If they still fight you, get a lawyer. You have done what the law requires. If the lawyer agrees that you have complied with the law, they know that they will be paid. It is in the Florida law.

Don't give up.

Tom
    I have done everything there is to do for the lemon law and I went, I did it all thinking I was theright one in all this but Suzukis attorny twisted everything. Im not good with all this. And I have given up, I can't deal with this again it was such a long process that I can't do it again.I felt as if I was revolving my life around all this mess. And I want to be happy and so I supose I will just blast my radio loud and if it stalls......Then they will have a bad lawsuit huh.. But thanks for the input,I have learned my lesson. I am going to be more picky next time with a new car. I think I will try to trade this bad baby off or something. don't know?
    Hope,

Contact a lawyer. The law specifies that, if you are right, and Suzuki does not buy the car back, then they (Suzuki) must pay for your legal fees.
    You might find a lawyer that will look at your claim for free. They might figure that its worth a few minutes of free legal advice for a chance at charging Suzuki the legal fees.

Whatever it is, it should not be a lot of money. It beats driving a car that you don't feel safe in.

Tom
    Easterbay

I am glad to see that the lemon law worked for you. I don't know which state you are in. Most state's lemon laws are very simular. They give the dealer a certain number of tries to fix a given problem. If they cannot fix the stalling problem in 3 or 4 tries, the lemon law applies.

How hard can it be to document that the car was returned the required number of times for the same problem. If Suzuki does not honor your claim, go to a lawyer. The laws generally require that the car company pay legal fees, if the consumer has abided by the law.

Was Suzuki cooperative in your case?

As far as hubcaps are concerned, both Walmart and Kmart have decent hubcaps for cheap. I got a set for my wife's Camry. She lost a hubcap. You really cannot tell them from stock. I think that I have $15 in them. I couldn't afford one new stock hubcap for $15.

Tom
  • sunshine10sunshine10 Member Posts: 2
    Hi this is sunshine...Thanks guys to all who responded to my first post. You guys are great.

Anyway, I wanted to clarify, that I do feel awful for all of you that are enduring hardships with the zuki dealers etc..I just wanted to point out to others that there are alot of cars that have major recalls not just the verona. As I mentioned, my jetta 1.8 T had many. I would go in for a routine maintenance and VW would tell me they found a recall item to fix.

Anyway, I realize that some of you are having problems outside of Zuki just fixing a recalled item..your cars are being fixed then they still do not work..that is ca-ca, and zuki should step up to the plate if they know what is good for them. By them not fixing your car problem, it will make PR bad for them. NO ONE WILL WANT TO BUY THEIR CARS. The owners of Suzuki should be ashamed!

Anyway, Good luck to you all...I will keep you all posted on how my Verona does. So far so good..well that is to be expected, I have only had the car for less than a week hahahahah..I must say though that the "drive" of the car is nice. I did drive a 1.8 T Jetta for a while, and of course, if I compared this car the 1.8 Turbo, then I would not be happy, but comparing it to the typical 6 cyl vehicle that I have driven in the past, this car drives very nice. Seems like the steering wheel turns as if has a silky substance inside..very smooth...I do like this car, and the looks are great. It's a very sexy car. I have a black verona EX with silver door handles. I call her black beauty.

Thank you to all who have posted the good and the bad...this keeps us all in the loop. Sorry about my first posting if I came off insensitive to some of you that are having major problems...I think I was a little emotional durig my first post, since I had just bought the car and then read all the bad things that were happening to the car......After I got out of the shock of seeing all the bad side of Suzuki, I DO NOW SOO MUCH APPRECIATE THE POSTS THAT SHOW THE BAD SIDE...THIS WAY I WILL HAVE A HEADS UP OF ALL THINGS TO LOOK FOR if I start to have problems with my car...

God bless you all...thanks again...good luck to all of you who are happy with your Veronas, and good luck to all who are going through all the lemonlaw BS...It really sucks that zuki is making you go this far to replace a car that is obviously a dud. They should not make you go through attorneys and all that BS! Zuki needs to realize that when cars are made, some of the cars they make are going to be duds..this is the same for any item you purchase at a store etc...there are going to be duds, and most retailers will replace something that is a dud...I think it sucks that if one of their veronas turned out to be a dud, that they dont step up to the plate and replace that car without making the consumer have to waste all their time getting attorneys, losing sleep, etc......grrrr...people are soo mean...mean people suck...I will pray for you guys, and pray that you win your cases...

bye

Sunshine from parkland
    Thanks sunshine for your PRAYERS, they are well needed. And im so glad you love your Verona, I wish I still felt the same. I have lost all......respect for Suzuki. I really hate this. But I know that Suzuki is just trying to cover there backend. It just suck for me. I am the customer right? I have tons of papers that show all the times I have had to go to the dealer, It's CRAZY.... Im just going to stop talking all this as of today...I want to focus on my life and not all this depressing stuff. Im wrong any way I go with this. And im so tired I can't stand it any more...But God is still in control and not Suzuki....thanks to all for your understanding peace out...
  • a_l_hubcapsa_l_hubcaps Member Posts: 518
    kctom-

Those Wal-Mart caps may look OK but they are miserable junk. I am in the business and believe me, freeway shoulders all over the Northeast are covered with Wal-Mart hubcaps. I bet you lose one by the end of the year, at best. If you need Camry caps, check eBay. You can get a new OEM set for under $40. The distributors in the south replace the factory wheels with (cheap junk) alloys to gouge the customer, and the new wheel covers end up on eBay.

-Andrew L
  • tomwilletttomwillett Member Posts: 4
    Hi, another Tom from K.C. here. Liberty actually. My wife and I are seriously considering a 2005 Verona. We have test driven the 2004 and I know you are very happy with your 2004. Would it be possible, if it is not too much to ask, for you to show us your car and give us a ride? We certainly don't want to drive your car but a look in person would be very nice. My email address is public. Please email me.

Thanks very much,

TheOtherTominKC
    I got mine at K-Mart, if that makes any difference. They snapped on real tight. You do need to be careful when removing them. If you use something narrow like a screwdriver, do it gingerly. Otherwise the plastic cracks.

They have been on the car maybe 6 months now, no problems. That's better than my Eclipse. The clip on those were easily damaged. Once damaged, the hub cap would not stay on. I have one safety wired on. I definitely prefer the KMart to factory Mitsu. I just can't find cheaps caps for a 16" wheel.

Tom
    I am sorry Tom, but I don't sell cars. Try a dealer, they would be happy to let you drive one.

Tom
    Hi,

How many of you are using fully synthetic oil in your Veronas? I just changed mine to the new Mobil 1 Extended Performance Synthetic Oil. The results are incredible. The car is running cooler than usual, and I am now getting 22MPG City, before I was only getting 19.7 MPG. The car also feels as though there are a few more horses under the hood, as I can take off of the stop lights much faster. The engine overall runs alot smoother. I would like to hear your opinions on this oil, and Whether or not tou have it in your car.

Thanks,

Peter
    Chicagoland (Naperville)
    Hi,

Just an FYI, Autozone now carries the oil filter for the Verona. It is made by STP and the model number is S-2903. It is only 2.99 versus the $7 that the dealer charges for it.

Happy oil changing,

Peter
  • anonymouspostsanonymousposts Member Posts: 3,802
    All companies should take the smart approach and use hubcaps that are secured with lug nuts.
    Tom,

I notice that Keystone Suzuki, in Mission, has a used 2004. Why not see if they will let you drive it. Dealers are usually less sensitive about putting a few miles on a used vehicle then a new one.

Tom F
    Peter,
    This is great news. I have been considering using Syn-Oil. The only downside is that I have lower miles per month as my office is near home. I change oil every 3 months never-the less as I have more stop and go situations. My dealer told me that the only down side is that once you have put in synth. you can't back track to regular oil. Also I want to know if this will be a negative factor when you want to sell the Car in future (the buyer would have to be informed that he would need to add Synth.). I have also added STP fuel injector/system cleaner. The car runs with more power. I have 7800 miles and the Car runs fine. I have to go to the dealer to fit my driver-side window motor as this was faulty. This is under warantee. I may switch to synth. later. If so how often do you have to change?. How much extra do you spend on Oil?. I usually do it at the dealer 7 quarts at $22.0 incl labor.
    I had asked the forum as to why there are no Ad's on the Verona anymore. I personally don't like the new Suzuki ad..it seems incoherant and loud.
    "My dealer told me that the only down side is that once you have put in synth. you can't back track to regular oil."

That is SIMPLY NOT TRUE. You can even mix regular oil with Synthetic if you have to. Of course you would lose the benefits of synthetic oil. This is yet another case of a dealer not knowing what they are talking about.....
    FROM A COMPETITIVE WEBSITE>>>>>

"Many of those manufacturers used to advise against mixing synthetics with regular oils until they found that they were denying themselves of much of their markets by doing so. Now these synthetics are made so that they can be mixed without any trouble............." But they advise against doing so....."
    I think that you answered your own question rasup, about the Veroan ad's. A given ad is targeted for a specific demographic. In fact an entire ad campaign usually targets a specific group. This presents a coherent image for an advertiser. By your response, you can see that someone that is attracted to the Verona is not in the demographic that Suzuki is after, at this time.

This is just my perspective but I see the Verona as a Buick for the person who would never own a Buick. It's roomy, comfortable to drive, feature laden, and conservatively, but tastefully styled. It's also a lot cheaper than a Buick. Even the high torque engine is reminiscent of the Buicks of the past with their big V8's. It's a great cruisen car. No one bought a Buick to set a speed record.

This could be a winner. There is a big aging population that has grown up driving imports. That's me. I drove a Mitsu Eclipse 5 speed for 14 years. Fun car. Anyone want it, it's setting in my drive. Let's make a deal. But I am ready for my Buick, I just didn't want to admit it, and I didn't want to pay for it and I don't like GM cars.

I am considering synthetic oil. I don't believe that there are any problems associated with a synthetic. I have heard that there is a noticeable, if small, improvement in gas mileage and engine performance on synthetics. I figure that I change my oil about every 3500-4000 miles now. I will up it to the factory remonended 7500 miles. I figure I will about break even.

Tom

Cruisen in KC
    Tom,
    I agree on the demographic targetting, but this does not answer why there are no verons ads. Does that mean that there are no demographics for the Verona?. Or is there something else?. It seems that the ads are like putting more fuel into the fire (an analogy) - it seems that more ads on the forenza would increase focus on the sales which are increasing. But I thought ads also boosted sagging sales and Verona is selling 19% less than last year. Comments Tom?.
  • ccbloome61ccbloome61 Member Posts: 35
    GM Announced they will start building Chevy Epica's in China to help with the GM brand and Image in China. See www.autonews.com for the story. You can't read the entire story without buying the story, but you can get the jest of it. Must not be too bad of a car if they want it to represent them (GM) in China. Epica is the identical car to the Verona.
  • jkobty2jkobty2 Member Posts: 210
    Comparing on the Daewoo website in Korea, the Verona is the Magnus classic, and the Epica is the Magnus Eagle. The Epica shares with the Magnus Eagle nicer rear lights.
    Hi guys,

Chuck is right, you can mix the two oils together, but it would be the same as using a synthetic blend motor oil. Synthetic blend is the two of them put together. As far as the price, I went to Walmart and was able to get the # 1 rated Mobil 1 Extended Peromance that is 15,000 guanteed between oil changes. I paid only 23.00 for 5 Qts, and after the extra two quarts were bought and I bought the oil filter at Autozone, the total cost was about 40.00. It is not hard to change the oil on this car, although you really can't reach the filter from under the car, it is much easier i have found to let the car down off the jack and then change the filter from the top because the filter is that high up on the motor. I did alot of research on this oil, I have the resources because I work at the Citgo Refinery in Lemont, Illinois, and found out that the Mobil 1 is the best oil. For 40.00 and 15,000 miles or 1 year whichever comes first, you can't beat that deal. All of my friends have had improved performance in their cars with the syn oil. One Dodge Dakota 4X4,one GMC Sierra, and one Nissan Sentra. Any more questions, let me know.