Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

CHEVY 6.0 ENGINE BOG???????

burroakburroak Member Posts: 17
edited March 2014 in Chevrolet
Pulled out of my driveway today and my truck
bogged. Just like the old 350s with bad gas or
poorly timed. Anybody else have this problem.
Guess I will be headed to the dealer tomorrow.

Comments

• dave40dave40 Member Posts: 582
    i had the same thing happen to my 6.0 a few times now let me know what your dealer does
    -dave40
  • burroakburroak Member Posts: 17
    The thing is running fine today. Go back on shift tomoorow, so I guess if it gets me through the week I will check with the dealer on Monday.
  • RoclesRocles Member Posts: 982
    Gosh, Dave40- I thought that Chevy was perfect?
    Thats Nice !
  • mgdvhmanmgdvhman Member Posts: 4,157
    Do I have to seperate you two again??

LOL!

- Tim
    All its ok. Well, if your GMC dies a quick death, I know of a good dumpsite near Honey Brook off 322. That's where all my Chevys went..... ;)
    Nice to hear from you again, Roc. How is the anger-mangagement class going ?
    Before he came here..a Bundle of shingles fell on his head. Another one just hit him this week...and now he is fine again!

hehehehee

Just kidding Roc

- Tim
    Nahhhh--Right now, I'm too busy sucking all that cash out of the deluge from Hurricane Floyd.
    $126.60 will get a 1/2 of Dunkell.....since ya got sooo much money now.

...Course I can't say how much will be left by the time I get it to ya.

- Tim
    That's not too bad for a good beer. Tim--serious question now: How far east does Dunkel get supplied? I'm getting thirsty and curious everytime you mention that beer!
    Roc
    The brewery be in Detroit...and it's been bought by Miller...as far as I know. It's not public knowledge...but that's what I heard. Some rich kids brought some german brew guys from germany to get it going...and then Miller offered to buy it once established. Anyway....about 300 bars and resturaunts have it in the metro area here..and every party store can order it. They have 6 packs and kegs at the brewery also. Thay also got these couple gallon party kegs....not sure what they cost?
    Try your local store...and see if they can order it? if not...I can send ya a 6.....have no idea how it's gonna taste once there though...

It's very dark looking...but very light..with a bite. A couple 25's and ya got a good buzzer going..

- Tim
    You guys ever thought of emailing each other? You have trashed a good question.
    Like we erased all other posts??

Maybe someone else wants to hear also?

- Tim
    Tim,
    I guess I'll have to e-mail you for now on. Mr. burroak is crying about the loss of his subject. One hint: Want to talk about the subject--then do it. He probably doesn't like beer.....
    Let's see...ok here we go..

Roc,

What's up?

How about that beer?

...this private e-mail isn't working right?.....or is it?...Glad no one can read this. I'll see you back on Edmunds.

- Tim
    Tim,
    Thanks for the beer but I'm losing your signal.........
    ...what....can't understand?

...Go back on Edmunds....this private thing ain't working..

hehehee

- Tim
    I can't hear you..........
    .....What was that question again the guy wanted to hear??

....what's this topic about anyway??

- Tim
  • vince4vince4 Member Posts: 1,268
    Topic, what topic?
    Roc...you are breaking up!...you are starting to sound like Vince4 now!

- Tim
    Whaaa...ttt???? Van..ce?? Four?? Ove....r.....Sub...je..c....t...?
    Burroak!!..You there!
    Vince!//??...Roc??....Oh no!...everyone is gone!

Has we answered the question Burroak?

..(lighten up...if someone has an answer...they will post it.)

..Gotta have some fun in life....other wise you die a boring person.

- Tim
  • kernickkernick Member Posts: 4,072
    I think the original question was "Does a 6.0 pack of Dunkell get you really Bogged?".
    My answer is "Hard telling ... not knowing". I think when I get my new 1500 I'll come out dat way to put on some break-in miles, and try some of dat Dunkell. Sounds mighty good.
    Hmm, wonder how many 1/2's I can haul back?
    You are killing me boss!

perhaps we just may find out how many halfs you can haul!

let's see...about 16 inches in diameter....hmmmm...

If we ever have a bash....it's gonna be here!

- Tim
    What the hell is Dunkel?

Hey, I just ask a question and then no one answered but you guys full of BS. Guess no one has had problems with the 6.0. Good. I do drink cold beer from time to time, but I prefer whiskey and water. Oak
    Dunkel is the best beer ever made...in my opinion.

It's from Atwater Block Brewery in Detroit.

http://www.phd.msu.edu/bice/beer/cybertour4_atwater/tour1.html

It's almost pure Black...but hold on...it's not that horrible mud that is usually Black.
    It's Oh so smooth...with just enough bite. Overall It's lite for a German Beer. I loved it so much..had to have a 1/2 BBL. on tap.

I went from MGD to Killian's...to Dunkel.

About 300 places in Metro Detroit have it on tap...you may be able to get it from the brewery mail order?

Sorry to gab...but you asked!

....Kinda like a parent telling you about his children!...LOL

- Tim
    I got a 6.0 too

No problems yet at almost 3000 miles..

- Tim
    High test gas will cause Bogs
    stick with regular.

Dunkel is high-test right Tim ?
    I use the "little" 16 ounce mugs and the "Timmy" size 25 Ounce mugs.
    2-25 ouncers later...you are feeling a start of a very good night long buzz.

So yeah...it's High test!

LOL

- Tim
    I thought it was some sort of Beer. Never really liked the dark beers. Mostly just Miller blonde and Miller lite. And of course Jack Daniels. Thats what you get in South Texas.
    I have 13,000 on my 6.0 and it is 6 months old. Hope it holds up to the test. My 94 chevy had 145,000 when I traded it in.
    Ain't even warmed up for a chevy...
    Tim,
    If I e-mail my address to you, will you ship me a Half of Dunkel for free? For good will?? Please!?
    Seriously, where in the hell is my beer!?! ;)
    Where in the hell is my payment?

hehehee

if you really want it..I can get a six and wrap each one in a zip lock in case it breaks...and pack it up and ship it to ya. Don't know what I will taste like after being heated or chilled too much...and shook to hell. but who knows?

Specialty beer stores have all kinds of brew...check them first.

lemme know

- Tim
    IT...not I
  • lvstanglvstang Member Posts: 149
    You guys are all idiots. that's not the beer I like. Its fizz breaks down all the time and it's not technologically advanced because of the old style pop tops and no hydroformed cans. It also can't compete with the mass produced modern breweries. You're all some form of fecal matter and don't make as much money as me.
    Warmest regards, Zdrunk1
    How did zbad71 use my E-mail. Who do I talk to about this?
    Master German Brew Meisters straight from Germany can't make better beer than the Mega Breweries that use the "finest Cereal Grains available"?

Kids....what do they know about beer?

- Tim
    LOL!!!! That would be a Z-DUMB statement without a doubt! "Eh...I bought that dunkel after sitting in my trunk in Arizona for three weeks and it doesn't taste.....uh...good." LOL

Tim,
    Thanks for the correction. First I was scared that you were turned to the dark side by man...er....trucklover. LOL!
    I'm buying some beer tomorrow for an anniversary party for our company and I'm going to sample a six-pack of your Dunkel. I'll let you know of my opinion.
    get it there?

I've only had it on tap....so I guess it would be good in a bottle also?
  • zbad71zbad71 Member Posts: 226
    You guys kicking sand again?

I am trying to play nice, but you two are making it difficult for the smartass in me not to come out again.

"Why can't Ford and Chevy guys just get along...."
    ha ha.
    Dude, it was before we kissed and made up , I swear. Don't get upset. You got to admit it sounds like one of your posts though, doesn't it?
  • zbad71zbad71 Member Posts: 226
    Ok. My bad.
    No sand kicking here as well. After your thoughtful posting in another topic, I have rethought my ways. The truce is still on.
    Peace is a wonderful thing!!! But It can sure get boring. You think we can get Rubluto on one of our topics? He's a riot.
  • artpartp Member Posts: 156
    He's on the sites I'm at most frequently. Everyone really gives him a hard time and he's pissed me off a few times but I've actually grown to like him and find him very funny. Though I'm starting to doubt if he's for real. He says he's an 82 year old man from S. Carolina but I'm starting to think he's a kid puttin' us on. He knows too much about the computer.

Dunkel eh?
    Yeah,,,good stuff.

Sams club (here at least) has 12 packs of the Atwater Block Brewery Bloktoberfest. It's got more bite and not as smooth...but damn good. $9.97 for a 12 pack...with a $10 gift certificate inside for the brewery. I'm getting paid 3 cents to drink a 12 pack. Doesn't take a rocket Scientist to figure this one out!....Hmmmm....
  • kernickkernick Member Posts: 4,072
    If you don't get too bogged drinking dat Dunkel, you could drink enough to make a downpayment on your next 2500. Hehehe. You'll be making a lot of trips to the dump, as well as having a hell of a sewer bill.
    Dunkel doesn't effect my sewer system.

Now Porter effects the local sewer big time! Gotta stay real close to a "facility" when drinking that stuff.

Down payment?....Cut out the Dunkel and I could BUY a 2500!

LOL

I know some people don't wanna hear any more about this German beer...but oh well. It started with a simple comment....now it's an on going discussion. Maybe it can be the "official beer of Truck Force One"??

- Tim
This discussion has been closed.