Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Comments

• ultimaultima Member Posts: 96
    Hey Bowke... Neat find, though looking at the "stats", I doubt we'd ever see an "Altima" with those numbers -- maybe they used this as a guide for the G35 coupe?

I would, however, LOVE to see an Altima coupe -- clearly they have the platform to work from...

(:-D
  • bowke28bowke28 Member Posts: 2,185
    just like any concept, the true numbers of a production version are never close to it. nissan really NEEDS a 2+2 coupe. the only 2 door vehicles they have are the frontier and Z...seems kinda limited to me. as a retailer, id love to see it...hopefully without LEGO's plastic, though...lol
  • vcjumpervcjumper Member Posts: 1,110
    Looks like a skyline to me. Leagues above the Altima and 350z/g35 in pricing.
  • carpeoplecarpeople Member Posts: 36
    Where'd you get that this was an Altima coupe? This is a concept version of the new GT-R which will arrive in '06 and is heavily based on the concept. R35=Skyline.
    guys, guys, guys...i NEVER said this was the car itself...i was curious whether this would be the DESIGN for an altima coupe. vcjumper...yes, this is the skyline in the link...carpeople...i never said this was the altima coupe...notice the question mark in the title???
  • wsag26wsag26 Member Posts: 124
    Nissan might (MIGHT) just go along with the idea. If they feel an Altima coupe will not cost that much of money, and bringing the Skyline/GT-R is too expensive, Renault will probably go along with the idea. I feel it is a good idea, but I would prefer a Maxima coupe or just the GT-R.. but of course, that is my idea. Nissan should open a big light in there entry-level vehicles instead of just including the Sentra and Frontier and add a lower class coupe and a smaller sub-compact vehicle.
    GT-R will come, and they don't know if they should bring in a coupe because of the profitability of a coupe in that range. If they are going to bring a coupe I will bet it will probably be an S chassis replacement, meaning compete against Celica and RSX.
    i thought id post a quickie, since the archiving time limit is fast approaching.

new news from nissan. a coupe will be out for the 2005 model year. whether it is a compact, midsize, or luxury coupe has not been released yet.
  • jchan2jchan2 Member Posts: 4,956
    is Nissan making this car a priority?
  • gsemikegsemike Member Posts: 2,272
    This is the only place that I've heard that an Altima coupe is coming. I'd be surprised if it saw the light of day, by the Altima lines would play well as a coupe. It would look a heck of a lot better than that butt ugly Solara or Monte Carlo.
    not to mention the Monte Carlo has a pushrod!
  • rctennis3811rctennis3811 Member Posts: 1,031
    Yea, and it has a VERY VERY VERY VERY subpar interior.
    lots of cheesy plastics.....
  • vcjumpervcjumper Member Posts: 1,110
    pot meet kettle
    low resale, with all those financing deals GM is slapping on Monte Carlos these days.
    Bowke... did they mention a hatchback? Because if so, I think this is all for the Sentra, because there were rumors of a coupe and hatchback being added to the Sentra line-up when its redesigned.
    I haven't heard of a hatchback rumor for the next Sentra. But I have heard of the coupe.
    that nissan will have a full lineup with the likes of toyota by the 2006 model year. i would assume that it would include a coupe/hatch.
  • alpha01alpha01 Member Posts: 4,747
    Appears as though it will definitely offer a hatchback, given the "official" sketch of the concept given to Car and Driver by Nissan in the Jan 04 issue.... It will be based/shared with the Renault Megane, from what I understand...

~alpha
    renault's new platforms come from nissan. renault has no product input power with nissan.
    Nissan owns maybe 15% of Renault I think, and Renault owns roughly 44%, but I think Nissan bought back some.

The Megane platform is a Renault platform, and that's what the next Sentra will be based on. They are also rumors of an X-trail type being on the Sentra lineup(???), weird, right?

Anyways, this is Altima forum, so what I think will happen is they will have for the next Altima:
    2.5S sedan
    2.5SL sedan
    3.5SL sedan
    3.5SE sedan
    2.5 CVT Hybrid
    3.5 S coupe
    and 3.5 SE coupe

Think they will put that many configs into an Altima? Prolly not, but it would be interesting if they did.
  • tomcat630tomcat630 Member Posts: 854
    There are no, nor were there ever, plans for an Altima coupe. The market for mid sized 2 doors is small. In fact, Honda's Accord 2 door is not selling as well as some car nuts like to think. It's resale is not as good as the sedans. Go to "real world trade in values" here in Town Hall and ask, if you don't believe it.
    I agree. Even the Solara isn't selling well. Altima coupe there will be none.
    was to talk about the next nissan coupe. they WILL be introducing one in the next year or so, but whether it will be alongside the maxima, altima, or sentra, noone knows. i think it will be a little bigger than the sentra, but not as big as the altima...maybe in the $16k-$21k range.
  • alpha01alpha01 Member Posts: 4,747
    If that was the case, why not call the thread "Nissan Coupe?" and not "Altima Coupe?" (Not that I mind, cause I'm about to talk about the Sentra....)

Personally, I agree with those who correctly cited the facts about the Accord 2-door, and the impressive, but slowish selling redesigned Solara. The market for 'Personal Coupes' has thinned. In terms of Nissan, I'm much more interested in finding out what is happening with the Sentra, which is a good if unexceptional car, but a TREMENDOUS value right now, especially in 2.5S form, with 165hp, head protection side airbags, and ABS.

When does the next Sentra bow? Will there be a traditional coupe, or just the funky hatchback sketches? Powerplant guesses?

~alpha
    with a full model lineup like the focus.
  • tomcat630tomcat630 Member Posts: 854
    Agreed, why call the forum "Alima coupe" if it was intended for "Next Nissan coupe". They got the Z car already and rumors persist of a US spec Skyline. What more is needed? None.
  • setzersetzer Member Posts: 127
    i think if they actually made an Altima (and Maxima) coupe it would be very nice.
    my opening post, it is a link to a pic of the skyline. this was rumored to be the bodystyle of the next coupe...i assumed from the size that it would be based on the altima.
    nissan is DEFINITELY working on a mid-sized coupe. it may be a maxima derivative or an altima derivative. i cant get a straight answer yet. ;-)
    you can shut this one down if you want...
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,145
    Yeah, it's dead.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

This discussion has been closed.