Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

DUST and my 99 Tahoe

lena29lena29 Member Posts: 1
edited March 2014 in Chevrolet
I have a 99 Tahoe and the thing is a dust ball on wheels. It was back and forth to the dealer to fix the problem and they couldn't fix it. Dust blows in through the vents. Now the warranty is finished but I still have a dusty car. Does anyone know what the problem could be????? Any suggestions are GREATLY appreciated!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    swschradswschrad Member Posts: 2,171
    IMHO everything needs a cabin air filter, PLUS an intake air filter to avoid clogging the a/c evaporator and heater core.

nobody's done it yet. thus, I declare all auto HVAC engineers pinheads.

prove me wrong ;)
  • Options
    badgerfanbadgerfan Member Posts: 1,565
    On my Taurus the cabin air filter does indeed filter all the outside air coming into the ventilation system, except of course the air that comes in if you leave your windows open. The cabin air filter is mounted under the cowl in front of the windshield and is reasonably easy to replace on a do it yourself basis.

If you in addition want a filter that filters the air when you are in a recirculate mode (max air condition switch position on non-automatic climate control Taurus), I believe requiring an additional filter is a bit of overkill. If you keep your car interior reasonably clean, there is not all that much dust to pick up when you are not introducing outside air. It is not recommended to run your system continously in recirculate mode anyway.

Personally, with AC available in the summer, vent in spring and fall, and heat in the winter, I rarely open my car windows except for a short period of time in the winter to purge the hot air. Thus all air coming into the car goes through the cabin air filter.

Car interior stays quite dust free this way also.
  • Options
    swschradswschrad Member Posts: 2,171
    thought the taurus filter was on the cabin side of things. that was done right.

any others, anybody?
  • Options
    badgerfanbadgerfan Member Posts: 1,565
    I see in my last post I should have said I open my windows only for a short time in the summer to purge the hot air, not in the winter. It is not too often we have too much warm air inside a parked car in the winter in the upper Midwest!
This discussion has been closed.