Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Acura TL Owners: Photo Gallery

Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
edited March 2014 in Acura
Got a pic of your TL? Share it here!

See Town Hall Help for instructions on how to post photos.

Comments

• silver9932tlsilver9932tl Member Posts: 2
    Anyone know where i can find a stock OEM silver front skirt for my 99 TL?
  • festivalmanfestivalman Member Posts: 1
    Here's my new 2005 Acura TL. Loving it so far.
    My Acura TL Album
  • shimstershimster Member Posts: 1
    does anyone have pics this car with the acura 18'' rims and acura body kit? basically a pic of an ASPEC TL without the suspension drop. thanks.
  • g1cv66275g1cv66275 Member Posts: 8
    how do you like the camel interior? I'm thinking of getting the same interior.
  • ss_gokuss_goku Member Posts: 1
    Hey how's it going Karen.. Awesome TL. Definitely like the Blk/Blk look. Also took the Navi on the car..NICE!! Well I will be posting my TL soon, maybe even with some upgrades.. :) :P
  • joseph42sjoseph42s Member Posts: 13
    Does anyone have any pics of a hitch installed on their TL?
  • qwallsqwalls Member Posts: 406
  • dr_gdr_g Member Posts: 21
    Very nice. My last car was black and I wanted a change so I went with Anthracite, but sometimes I wonder if I should have gone with black. Well, still haven't seen my new 2006 at night so I'll see how it looks later (only trips to work so far).

Where/How did you do the illuminated doorsill trick - that's pretty cool.
    Thanks. I've tried other colors, but I always come back to black. Nothing looks better when it's clean. :-)

I found the doorsills on ebay, but they were quite a bit less a year ago. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ACURA-TL-2004-2005-ILLUMINATED-DOOR-SILLS-SILL-04- -05-06_W0QQitemZ8055892164QQcategoryZ42612QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
  • autodrivenautodriven Member Posts: 16
    If you really like to make your Acura TL special, go to this website. http://www.ronjonwheels.com/acsedans.html

I orderd a set of new 18" rims for my 2006 Acura TL (wish I could post them up here). Mine is the Anthrcite 18" rims, with 245/45/18 Toyo Tires. I love the look of the "machine polished" rims. I dislike the OEM rims; they don't do anything for me (17" rims?).

These RonJon rims are made ONLY for Acura's and Honda products. These guys started their own business because they got tired of trying to find rims for an Acura/Honda that didn't need a spacer or Shim on the hub area, to make an after market rim fit. The rims I bought fit perfect on the TL and look fantastic!!
  • bonner928bonner928 Member Posts: 1
    I am in the process of purchasing a 2006 TL...I saw the RonJon web site and am considering their wheels verses the 18' Acura upgrade. Did you have a dealer install on the rims or a local shop? (I assume the rims are made to allow the tire pressure monitor system to work) I think the RonJon body kit looks good too , at least the back end, but haven't seen any feedback on it yet.

Any concerns with the RonJon rims?
  • autodrivenautodriven Member Posts: 16
    The rims came in these expensive looking boxes, wrapped in this soft cloth to prevent any scratches. These rims are fabulous. I simply took the rims to "Discount Tires". They ordered my Toyo Proxes 4 tires (matched Edge Racing's Price). When they came in they mounted and balanced them for me. In addition you get the free lifetime rotation & balancing. The rims look great. Much nicer then those OEM rims. I went with a 245/45/18 tire. It gives just a tad more width, without sacrificing the ride. Some people put the 19" or 20" rims on. That's too big and I didn't want the rough ride. Hope this helps.
  • maximafanmaximafan Member Posts: 592
    Qwall, I don't know if you're still looking
    in these forums, but did you get your OEM rims
    dipped in the chrome color or did you actually
    get different rims? I wish Acura offered the
    OEM rims in the chrome. They look fantastic!
    Thanks. I'm around every once in a while, but not as much as I used to be. I bought the chrome rims on ebay from OEMRIMS, and I sold my non chrome rims on ebay. Final cost was about $600.
  • boilboil Member Posts: 3
    Qwalls, what a nice car... I just got mine last week. I'm so excited. I found the ILLUMINATED on Ebay.. I really want that.. but I don't know if I can install those myself... How did you do it? did you bring it to a shop to have it installed? if so how much they charge you...? if not how hard is it to do it yourself....

thanks,
    Thanks. It's really a great car (with a few minor flaws) and I haven't found another car that I like better anywhere close to that price range.

I did the it myself. Basically if you can install a stereo or amp, you should be able to do it. You run the positive for each one to the fuse box and you run the negative/ground for each one to the corresponding door switch. They come with instructions, but I would think any stereo shop could do it.

Good luck.

Q
  • tom19382tom19382 Member Posts: 10
    Hi Joe,
    I just saw your question on here. I know it was written a year and a half ago. I had a hitch installed this summer. If you're still interested in pics, let me know and I'll email them to you.

~Tom
  • albert5albert5 Member Posts: 42
    To anybody,

Can you please post some of the pictures of you guys car.

Thanks
  • patpat Member Posts: 10,421
    There a few posted under the Photos link above. You'll need to search for them.
  • nk582nk582 Member Posts: 12
    Hi, nice car. where did you get the illuminated door sills, they look really nice. Also, do you recommend getting a bra for the front end and how often do you remove it so there isn't any color fading or changes between the bra area and the non bra areas...thanks
  • nk582nk582 Member Posts: 12
    Does any one have any pictures of their carbon bronze tl....i can't find a picture of a tl on the internet except for the acura web site.
  • hrglashrglas Member Posts: 1
  • albert5albert5 Member Posts: 42
    Hi, is that 19" rims? Whats the name of that rims you have? it looks tight. Can you post more pix other views?
  • willis3willis3 Member Posts: 76
    Here's a picture of my Carbon Bronze Type-S.

Thanks, and sorry it took me so long to respond. I'm not around much these days. I found the illuminated sills on ebay. Not sure if the guy is still selling them or not. On the Bra - more trouble than they are worth. Need to remove, re-install each time you wash the car, if it gets wet from rain, etc. And it's amazing how much dirt, dust, grit, crap gets caught in the lining. I ended up getting a clear bra installed for around $500.
This discussion has been closed.