Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

C/K 1500 Problem/Fixes

jkain3jkain3 Member Posts: 3
edited March 2014 in Chevrolet
I've a 1998 C/K 1500 4x4 with the Vortec V6 with 103k. It wouldn't start one cold, wet morning so I took it to the dealer and they replaced the cap, rotor, spark plug wires and fuel filter and they said they checked "everything" else. I drove it home and the next morning (cold) it wouldn't start. It runs great when it's running but... Could it be ignition coil?

Comments

• Options
    jkain3jkain3 Member Posts: 3
    This morning when the truck wouldn't start I put about a 1/4 cup of gas in the carburetor and it started right up and ran fine all day. The fuel pump is only a year old.
  • Options
    dustykdustyk Member Posts: 2,926
    The fuel pumps in your vintage GM pick-up are very commonly replaced. I would bet you have another bad pump.

Regards,
    Dusty
  • Options
    95z7195z71 Member Posts: 1
    i have a 95 Z71 with the 5.7 liter it misses really bad on cold mornings.the vechile is also real sluggish and hesitates very bad.i have replaced plugs,plug wires,distributor cap,rotor button,ignition coil,igntion control modlue,fuel filter,and also cleaned the injectors.the truck has 93,000 miles on it and oil has been changed every 2,000 miles since ive owned it at 28,000 miles.i work on hondas for a living but i just cant figure this out.i was just hoping some body else has had this problem.but this hesitation does not happen all the time either.
  • Options
    PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
    Since we don't have one, I'm going to rename this topic to make it our C/K 1500 Problems/Fixes topic...

Welcome to the Mazda Mania Weekly Chat!

Don't miss the newest addition to our live chat events here in Town Hall. Join us every Tuesday from 6-7pm PT/9-10pm ET for our Mazda Mania Chat!

Whether you own a Mazda, would like to own a Mazda, or just like going ZOOM ZOOM ZOOM... be sure to stop by and meet and greet your fellow Town Hall users! (We may even pull out some Mazda triva questions)

/direct/view/.ef1b553

PF Flyer
    Host
    Pickups & News & Views Message Boards
  • Options
    jerrell1jerrell1 Member Posts: 1
    I have what I suspect is a transmission related problem. I owe a 97 Chevy Z71, 1500 series. When I really need to get on the gas to pass or need extra power in a hurry my transmission just seems to spin. What happens is when I really hit the gas to accelerate the trans just seems to spin and the truck stops accelerating. It actually seems to slow down. I can back off and accelerate at a normal rate and the problem goes away. Matter of fact under normal driving conditions I experience no problems at all. The transmission does shift a little rough though. The transmission rough shifting is more noticeable in hilly terrain. But anytime that I floor the gas pedal the spinning transmission problem returns. The RPM’s on my truck shoot up but my truck goes now where. I was behind on my maintenance so I went in and changed the transmission filter and fluid. The filter didn’t look in bad shape and the fluid was not excessively dirty for the mileage. I found no metal shaving in the pan either. Has anyone run into this type problem or can anyone give me any suggestions as to what might be the cause.
This discussion has been closed.