Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Toyota Tundra Access Cabs

2»

Comments

• Options
    volhatervolhater Member Posts: 3
    i have just test drove a limited 4x4 the truck seemed to be very slugish till about 50 mph is this normal. i have never owned a truck before and i thought it should have had more pickup.
  • Options
    budlitedude3budlitedude3 Member Posts: 14
    "more pickup"

Seems that everyone notices this Tundra flaw. There "SHOULD BE" more pickup for the money....:)

The pun was a bonus.
  • Options
    trucksrmetrucksrme Member Posts: 381
    tundra=less truck, more buck. Good to see the truth on these ones be gettin out now. Good luck on this one now!
  • Options
    27jr27jr Member Posts: 22
    If your worried about getting something bad, here's a BIG tip for you all. Go to website
    www.nhtsa.com there you can read about current
    recalls, defects, owner complaints etc. The real
    kicker is the owner complaints for both 2000
    Silverado's and Ford F150's plus Dodge Ram there
    are even a few for Tundra. Those of you wandering
    about the Silverado and F150 should deffinetly
    read. Just incase your wandering NHTSA stands for
    National Highway Traffic and Safety Administration
    I'm sure some of the Silerado and F150 owners
    would like to say there bias but their not and
    they list all vehicles.
  • Options
    jq3jq3 Member Posts: 52
    I went to their site and I couldn't find anything on the Tundra. Where did you find the info?

Also, I think my Tundra pulls strong from the start. Everyone that has driven my truck always says how smooth and quick it is from the start.

Best truck I've ever ridden in, I'm sure there are some problem trucks, but NO manufacture is perfect. Overall, the Tundra is a fine piece of machinery, that makes the domestic truck owners defensive and envious.

I have only posted a couple of times about my Tundra, (brake light and signal light coming on at the same time), mostly I have been monitoring and I must say owners of the Big 3 trucks are sounding off every chance they get. They even invade totally Tundra owners topics. Why would anyone post on a topic of a truck they don't even own??? I personally could care less about the other truck's topics. I don't own one so I have nothing to offer to their conversation, just like outsiders to the Tundra topics...they NEVER offer any concrete, interesting or important information. Mostly, they just start childish arguments...My truck is this, My truck is that, Your truck is this, Your truck is that. Envy makes people do strange things.

Nevertheless, my Tundra Limited w/TRD off-road package is all it's hyped up to be!
  • Options
    27jr27jr Member Posts: 22
    When you go to www.nhtsa.com, click on car safety
    when the page come up scroll down and you will
    see the links for consumer complaints, recalls
    etc.
  • Options
    jchalljchall Member Posts: 2
    For all you folks who are complaining about
    the Tundras performance here are a few facts..

1. Motor Trend Truck of the Year
    2. Faster than a Mustang GT.
    3. Rated #1 in Customer Satisfaction for Trucks

not to mention... much more attractive than the
    big-3 trucks.. man have you seen the new chevys?
    yuk. Quieter, smoother, has more STANDARD
    options than any full size. better warranty.
    more more more..

I test drove every model from mid size to full
    size, dodge, ford, chevy, nissan over the past
    month.. the Tundra wins hands down.
    I use mine to tow a 5100 CASE bobcat w/trailer
    and it performs like a dream.
    ...I DONT THINK I GOT SUCH A GREAT DEAL AS SOME OF
    YOU GUYS THOUGH...PAID $25,200 for 2000 SR5 Access
    Cab with Liner, BenchSeats, Alarm, V8, cd/cass.

C Hall
    Louisville, Ky
  • Options
    jchalljchall Member Posts: 2
    Man what a engineering marvel, have you seen
    the cross sectioned display of the i-Force V8.
    Man, nice. Probably need a degree from MIT to
    work on it though..

C Hall
    Louisville, Ky
  • Options
    trucksrmetrucksrme Member Posts: 381
    Ya paided 25$ for a little toy truck? It be Faster than that Mustangs now? Them magazines be sayin it be a good one now, eh? Good luck on this one now!
  • Options
    tundrafantundrafan Member Posts: 2
    A reminder that many people in this forum are not true Toyota Tundra customers (or customer to be, like myself). Some people are Toyota sales people trying to "recommend" to themselves, i.e., they would say "Oh, this dealer gives you good deals,etc.", others are from the Big 3 camp spying on the competition (so why not say something bad about it).

Of course I am saying some, not all.

There is no reason for calling each other names, please just stick with the facts. Cheers!
  • Options
    tundrasaursrextundrasaursrex Member Posts: 49
    If you are looking for straight talk on the Tundra go to www.tundrasolutions.com it is full of Tundra fans. Great site and no budlitedudes or trucksrme telling lies and WASTING their PATHETIC little lives by harassing us.......
  • Options
    meredithmeredith Member Posts: 575
    The PICKUPS Conference has gotten WAY too big....

it is unwieldy to manage, and difficult to use for "newbies." There is entirely TOO much topic duplication, so I will be doing some SERIOUS topic consolidation in the next few weeks, getting us down to not more than 2-3 topics per vehicle type, and ultimately down to 200 topics or less.

THIS weeks consolidation candidates are: Tundra's, Tacoma's and Rangers.

In that vein,please consolidate this Tundra topic to Welcome Toyota Tundra - V and continue these discussions there.

Thanks!

Front Porch Philosopher
    SUV, Pickups, & Aftermarket and Accessories Host
This discussion has been closed.