Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Dodge Durango Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
edited March 2014 in Dodge
Share your Durango buying experience here.

Comments

• stakeoutstakeout Member Posts: 173
    looking at the Durango Limited Hem-mee.. trying to find anyone that 'got a deal'.. or at least some real prices on one.. need some shopping help as our two 'burbans come off leases very soon...

help :)
  • jbrillojbrillo Member Posts: 7
    Got one below dealer invoice here in Houston at Helfman Dodge on 3/23. Dealer's invoice was $32,753(a couple hundred more than edmunds, but okay). Got $1,500-rebate for trading in a car & an additional $400-rebate for being a recent college graduate. So, I only had to pay for $30,853 for a Limited with running boards, sunroof, Hemi, 50/50 split fold 3rd row seat, & supplemental side airbags. An awesome deal in my book. Good luck to anyone looking to get one. They sure are nice.
  • prymmvrprymmvr Member Posts: 1
    Hello all! We just purchased our 2004 Durango Limited. We were hunting for an SLT with some options (leather, sunroof), and as it turned out the dealer had a Limited that had been sitting there a MONTH. We hit them up at the end of the month (the 28th) which really helped them deal. The sticker was 35K, they paid 32K to get it, and we paid 31.4K (I was lucky enough to see their sticker). It's got the HEMEEEE, traction ctrl, leather, sunroof, power/heated seats, Inifinity II system, MP3/CD player, 50/50 3rd row split. Did I mention it had the HEMI!?!? We're stoked! The ride is superb, it's spacious as all getout, and looks agressive yet subdued; Mars/Venus indeed!
  • gibogibo Member Posts: 22
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    "The Chrysler Group has bumped up the cash back on its Dodge Durango, a recently redesigned SUV, to $3,500, spokesman Kevin McCormick said. It also is offering an extra $1,000 to customers who finance their vehicles through the automaker's financing arm."

Arizona Business Gazette

Steve, Host
  • mwfromvamwfromva Member Posts: 2
    My sticker price was $41,640. I ended up paying, with taxes and fees, $34,515.

The interest rate was a little high with the Chrysler financing, but you can just take their $1000 and go refinance with your bank or credit union next month with a lower interest rate!
  • ciphyreciphyre Member Posts: 2
    Sticker was $39,845, Molten Red with everything but the sunroof and skid plates, purchase price with tax and tag ended up being $25,517. Added 7/70 bumper to bumper extend war. and car alarm, financed $27,717, through Chrysler and got a good rate. Traded in 99 Durango, $4500 in rebates.
  • flailflail Member Posts: 3
    SLT, Hemi, traction, tow, bigger tires, Alum. wheels, running boards, Colorado...invoice +- $32,000 with $1,500 cash back. paid 28,500. Tax killed us though, ended up fianancing 31,000. My Wife and I love this Vehicle!
  • jjmitrevtcctvjjmitrevtcctv Member Posts: 6
    Hi, folks:

What is a good price discount if a Durango has 2000 miles on it, as dealer used it for demo and/or driving?

Thanks very much.
  • peter_in_atlpeter_in_atl Member Posts: 42
    What model and options? You shouldn't be paying much more than invoice on a new one. You can get a $3500 rebate on a new one plus another $1000 if you finance through Chrysler. A demo is essentially 'used' so it'd better be less than that.
  • trailblazer02trailblazer02 Member Posts: 11
    ciphyre: You got $14K off sticker. Was that before your trade in? Which Chicago dealer was that?
  • crichtoncrichton Member Posts: 5
    I just got a Black 2004 Durango Limited with Hemi. It was a demo/corporate car. It had 14,600 miles on it. It has everything except side airbags and the optional gearing. It also had a few scratches on the front and a tiny tear in the rear door handle. The price was $29,995.00 from Wayne Dodge dealership. So far so great! I'll keep the board updated on how it runs.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,145
    A reporter is looking for a person who bought a new redesigned Dodge Durango in the past two months. Please respond to jfallon@edmunds.com by Tuesday, August 17, 2004.
    Thanks!

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• mpena1mpena1 Member Posts: 2
    Looking for a good price on a Dodge Durango limited with colored running boards, traction control, sunroof, 50/50 split. I live in northern NJ. best price so far has been 34,523 without a sunroof and not the colors I would want. So can any some light. Also they want at least $2309 down with a 369 pymt.
  • jfpltjfplt Member Posts: 2
    I just purchased a limited in Rockland County, NY for $29,560. yes it is AWD with a sunroof,Tow PAckage and runn9ng boards. I got the $5000 rebate mfor financing with Chrysler, But I can pay it off after 90 days and the interest rate will not affect me and eat up the rebates. I originally was willing to pay cash up front but that would have meant only a $4000 rebate.
  • cjamesctcjamesct Member Posts: 2
    Just purchased an 04 Durango SLT w/ Hemi (28G package), leather, tow, traction, running boards, 50/50 split, 2 speed transfer case and running boards. MSRP was $36,545 and paid $26,800 before tax. So far I am very happy with this very sweet ride.
  • mixxymixxy Member Posts: 3
    went to the dealership
    MSRP for SLT V6
    msrp on the vehicle was 28888
    dealer said he could get it down to 20 to 21 (including rebates)
    can i get even lower??? also is the SLT worth the upgrade over the SL ?
  • kyleandykyleandy Member Posts: 1
    SLT has 3 seats instead of 2. best i can get so far is 8k off msrp.
  • twinbladesztwinbladesz Member Posts: 104
    Got a Silver Limited no Hemi with heated front seats, split 3rd row seat and a 1 year subscription for Sirius Sat Radio. Price with tax included was $32,120. The dealer also added 7 years of free oil changes and a free loaner car. Seems like a nice ride. My mom liked the perks that this dealer gave her over the other dealers she visited.
  • horsejdhorsejd Member Posts: 18
    Anyone have any info on what the incentives might be in December for the left over 2004s? The $4,500 cash bonus expired Nov. 30. I was hoping they might bump it up a little in order to clear out the final 2004s. Any insight would be appreciated, thanks.
  • jjrobertsonjjrobertson Member Posts: 3
    Having owned 3 Chrysler/Dodge minivans, I opted this time for the 2004 Limited 4x4 Durango. Great move!! Love the hemi and the ride is smooth and VERY stable. Got the $5500 off invoice. There are still some '04's out there. If you keep them forever like I do, it's a great buy.
  • r_dubr_dub Member Posts: 2
    I'm looking at a 2005 Durango Rwd 4-door SLT. Edmunds indicates that the base invoice is $26,690. The gents at the local California Dodge dealership are insisting that the base invoice is $26,979. The invoice pricing they have given me on all of our chosen options match up exactly to the Edmunds information. Has anybody else encountered this difference?
  • keeferbkeeferb Member Posts: 81
    They may be adding in their advertising fee, which I believe is considered part of the dealers invoice. Advertising fees have been a highly discussed topic in other forums here.
  • r_dubr_dub Member Posts: 2
    Thanks Keeferb for the response, but they have the advertising fee listed as a separate line item. Is the Edmunds base invoice price accurate enough to call them on it? I wonder if they will actually show me the invoice as they said they would...
  • bedrock9bedrock9 Member Posts: 4
    2004 SLT Hemi, Auto, Leather, 28G package, tow package, Traction control, 50/50 third seat, running boards, premium 384 watt stereo, sirius and DVD system. Sticker $36050, paid 26050 plus TTL. That included $5500 in rebate, no trade.
  • santillansantillan Member Posts: 10
    bedrock:

did your dealer take the 5500 off the price before taxes or after taxes? my dealership is taking the rebates after taxes. Is that right?

Anyone in Jersey experience this?
  • molmol Member Posts: 4
    Just bought a '04 SLT and received a 5500 rebate off the top before taxes. Used a Chrysler Friends and Family discount to take another 3000 off. Found out that ANYONE can get a friends and family discount. So, before purchasing a Chrysler product, search for someone employed by Chrysler. They can hook you up with a Friends and Family discount within 15 minutes by calling in to get a control number for you. Then, ask the salesperson to check what the friends and family discount is. It is always printed on the dealer's invoice. Our vehicle was around 34,500 and the friends and family price was around. 31,500.
  • carguy1234carguy1234 Member Posts: 233
    Good info. So was your $8500 off as compared to MSRP then, or from invoice?
    We started at the friends and family discount price on the invoice then took it down 5500 more from there.
    By the way, we just bought the Durango SLT I've already posted about today. It's a 4X4 but not the Hemi engine. Was really bothered by the 7.5 mpg that was consistently displayed as we took a 20 minute drive through town tonight. Only had slight hills but did stop and start every few minutes. What's going to happend when we get on the open road? Just wondering what people's experience is with gas mileage. The sticker says 15/18. Anyone have any insight to offer? Thanks.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,145
    Owners can usually be found in our regular Dodge Durango discussion, so that's a better place to ask about gas mileage experiences.

kirstie_h

Roving Host

Host, Future Vehicles & Smart Shopper discussions

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

We were told by the sales manager at our local dealership that with this particular promotion the dealer was being given 5500 by Dodge to move the '04 Durango's out. When we made the purchase they took the 5500 off of the Friends and Family price then assessed the tax. We live in Southern Ohio but I believe this is a nationwide promotion.
  • greenbeinggreenbeing Member Posts: 1
    We are being offerred 1% below invoice plus rebates from 1 dealer. I've emailed another dealer to see if they can beat that.....so am I getting a good deal?
  • nit195nit195 Member Posts: 2
    I just purchased a 2005 Limited Durango. It came with the Mineral gray paint, heated seats, Sunroof, 2 speed transfer case, painted running boards, off road tires, trailer tow group, navagational system, side air bags, Hemi and Hemi engine. Sticker was $41,950, and invoice was $38,524. I paid $38,074 plus I still get the $5,500 in rebates, so I asked away with it for $32,574. Not a bad deal. The dealer was Herbee Dodge in West Islip, NY.
  • carguy1234carguy1234 Member Posts: 233
    I just got an email from a local dealer saying they are selling new '05 Limited's at $9200 below MSRP. Is that in line with what people are paying now?
  • bkkatzbkkatz Member Posts: 18
    Sounds about right. I bought an '05 4x2 Limited with Hemi, Trailer Tow, Sunroof, Running Boards, Heated Seats, and Video about a month ago. Sticker was $38.5K...Chrysler Rewards price (1% below invoice) was about $35.3K. Took the $2500 rebate + $1000 (Chrysler Financial) + $2000 Loyalty rebate which dropped the price to $29.8K +TTL.

My guess is your dealer advertising $9200 off MSRP is including the loyalty rebate...I'm not sure if it was continued into March.
  • jdanielsonjdanielson Member Posts: 1
    What is required to remove the oil pan on a 1999 Dodge Durango 4x4 5.2L.
    I've removed the engine mounts/brackets, skid plate, x-member and lifted the engine 2 to 3 inches. Oil pan still hits front axle. Do I need to drop the front axle?
  • SylviaSylvia Member Posts: 1,636
    As the title suggests, this discussion is about Prices Paid & Buying Experiences for the Dodge Durango and not about maintenance or ownership issues.

Please re-post your question in the discussion Dodge Durango where other owners can assist you.

Thanks!
  • shorty101shorty101 Member Posts: 30
    This sounds like a good deal. I have been looking for my next automobile for several months. I like the Limited package. The best quote that I have got so far is $28,230. The MSRP is $35,525. I priced it about $1500 less according to my research. The salesperson said that this additional amount was due to advertising fees. That seems a bit high. What do you think? This is the first automoblie that I will buy on my own. I need some advice.
  • ceclintceclint Member Posts: 4
    Just picked up my SLT today. MSRP 36.5K. 4.7 V8, Family, 26G and tow package. Got the 5k rebate which include dealer financing. Financing was a little high. OTD 28K.
    Thanks for the information. It looks like you got $8,500 off the sticker. They were only offering me $7295 off the sticker. I think that I can do better because there are at least six Dodge dealers in my area (Baton Rouge, LA) which are within driving distance and some of them are advertising $8500 off. I will stick to $8500 off the MSRP and see what happens.
    Good luck! I am sure there are deals out their just be patient. Did you negotiate pricing in person or through emails? I found it easier to test driver than negotiate the pricing later over the internet.
    I have been trying to do both. I seem to have received better quotes over the internet. In person some of the salespeople have tried to talk down to me because I was a female and have asked me when could my husband come in to talk to them. I have crossed these dealerships off my list. I will keep looking. I will probably make my decision in April when I see if the rebates change. I think that I can get $8500 off. Once I get this amount I will then inform them that I am a member of Farm Bureau which their website clearly indictes that I can get an additional $500 cash back. So I guess my ultimate goal is to get $9000 off MSRP.
  • flatlander1966flatlander1966 Member Posts: 1
    I just bought mine yesterday in Houston for $9000 off msrp.
    SLT, V-6, convenience group, sunroof, runningboards, $22,900
    Keep looking you will find your price. There are deals available. Remember there is a 1000 rebate if you finance through Chrysler. Their finance were a little higher than others. You don't have to accept the rate quoted you can neigoiate. The dealership usually at add 2 to 2.5 onto the finance rate. Also, some dealership will throw in some free bees to close the deal such as: Free oil change, car wash, and accessories.

If you get a good deal take it, sometimes its OK to leave a few dollars on the table.
  • drillsgt2k5drillsgt2k5 Member Posts: 1
    Yesterday I bought the 05 4x4 Limited with Hemi and all the bells and whistles. I did alot researching on the pricing and stuff. The best site I would say is carbuyingtips.com. A must read for any person prior to buying any vehicle.Well the Price was $42995-$4750 Rebate and $9110 for 02 Dodge Sport Durango. Over all $31,302. But for some reason I feel like I got the shaft. Maybe its the shock of having a car note again.
  • reejrayreejray Member Posts: 1
    Do not buy a vehicle here. Follow up and post sale treatment and service and the back and forth between Sales and Service re service and warranty (bmpr to bmpr = not really) is extremely irritating. I love my Durango - I loved my last Durango and I love my husband's 2500 PU...but the service and follow up is excrutiating here. Beware folks. I won't go back and I'm letting everyone know about it, even the BBB. I've had it. :( :mad:
  • pghpa2pghpa2 Member Posts: 4
    Just bought '05 Durrango SLT - Hemi, Leather,Boards,rear AC, most options - has 20,000 miles was a fleet car - paid $24,000 and got Kelly Blue Book Trade-In for my '02 Mountaineer - only had it 2 days but love the truck - suprised how smooth riding it easy, very easy to drive , very quiet around town a little wind noise at 80 mph - Love the Hemi - pulls out great and passes at 65 without even working the engine- got the dark red (molton red) looks great shined-up - computer say 14 mpg so far - although I could probably do a little better once I get the fun of the hemi out of my system
  • thetigsthetigs Member Posts: 1
    Just purchased a 2005 Durango Limited fully loaded with every option except 3:92 rear end or Sirius radio. Has Nav, chrome wheels, DVD and all other options. Was an exec car and I got it off the Marshalling lot in Auburn Hills, MI. 16,800 miles. Paid $25,825 with brother's employee price. MSRP was $43,675 (I would never pay that much for any car). It was very well cared for with not a scratch on it inside or out. Have had it for 2 days and love it. Rides great and in my opinion the best out of Trailblazer, Mountaineer and Durango when I drove all 3. Hemi power is great. Computer mileage shows 16.2 right now, will see how it goes (the other two mfg V8s were only 1 MPG higher).
This discussion has been closed.