Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

What's My 2000 TUNDRA 4x4 LIMITED Worth ??

skoobyskooby Member Posts: 1
edited March 2014 in Toyota
Hello Everyone, I have a question about my 2000
Tundra Limited. How much is it worth selling- or-
trading? It is an Incredible "THUNDER GREY" I say
Incredible because at night or "dusk" it seems to
be a Hint of "GOLD",other times a hint of "RED",
and yet at other times "BLUE" shimmers out!! the
truck KNOCKED ME OUT glimmering on the showroom
floor..It has "ALL" but two options, the leather
package, and the tonneu cover.it has the 6-cd
player heavy duty OFF ROAD package,Bedliner, 5000
lb tow hitch, "LOW-JACK", Keyless entry, vip 3000
security system, stone-bug guard, alloy wheels,
Custom floor mats, Clear coat,Professionally
installed C-B Radio, 4.7 liter "FAST [non-permissible content removed]" 245 Horse
engine with 10,000 miles. I have "ALL" maintenance
records which consist of the oil changes and
dealer installed options since I purchased it 4
months ago, It is KILLING me to let it go, But I
need a Truck with a heavier payload capacity. I
jumped the gun when I bought it, only to find out
that they don't make a slide-in camper to fit a 6
foot bed with my "NEEDS" as I am disabled.. But I
can Honestly tell you, it has been a "TRUE
PLEASURE" Driving this vehicle. I havent purchased
the slid-in yet, because of my delemma, so it
hasen't carried any weight.The truck is "BRAND NEW"
just broke-in... Is there anyone out there who
can tell me what it is worth trading or selling it
outright?? I personally believe that if I sell the
truck,, that person is going to get an incredible
deal!! Like the options for "FREE"!!! Since I have
absorbed The BRUNT of the NEW TRUCK purchase..
Please contact VINCE---Scoob42@Aol.Com ,,Thank
You

Comments

• barlitzbarlitz Member Posts: 752
    Did you try the kelly blue book to see if they had any info or you could even post it on ebay they have a section on autos there.
  • z71billz71bill Member Posts: 1,986
    My best guess is to take your purchase price (not including sales tax) and subtract $.50 per mile. In your case that would mean $5,000 less than you paid for it. I would not accept less than that, and you may be able to do better if you can find the right buyer.
  • bud_light_dudebud_light_dude Member Posts: 330
    from Edmunds or KBB because it is too new yet. The figures for the 2000 models won't be out until usually Jan of the next year. In this case 2001.

I would compare prices with the Dodge Dakota. Everyone seems to equate them about equally matched trucks.
  • eagleeye1eagleeye1 Member Posts: 36
    I don't think so Dude! I beleive you will find that any Dodge product depreciates at a much faster rate than a Toyota. A better test would be to compare the change year over year of a 4Runner or Tacoma. I think you will find that Z71bill's method shown in post #3 is more accurate. Good luck Scooby.
  • LohengrinLohengrin Member Posts: 84
    Actually, Dodge trucks hold their value very well. Much better than average.

I imagine that there's a lot of people who would be eager to snap up a slightly used 2000 Tundra and would be willing to pay a premium price for it because it would still cost less than brand new, but they wouldn't really lose any resale value.
  • RoclesRocles Member Posts: 982
    The price will have to be at least 4grand off original price paid. Who would spend more when an extra 2-3 gets a NEW truck?
    Remember guys, 10 thousand miles isn't much but it's still something. WOuldn't you rather have a truck with 10grand put on by you? That's why year-old trucks take a hit every time. It sucks but that's life. I'm sure next time, more research will be done before buying--once burned-always learned.

Dodge trucks hold their value for trucks 94 and up. Before 94? They fell fast to the floor. ;) That redesign must have been a real kick-in-the-butt for the guys who bought the 93s--especially the ones who didn't know what was around the corner!! Oh man......I still have visions of my brother-in-law bitching a storm three months after his purchase of a 93 Ram with the 360.
    "Hey Roc--I got a great deal!!" -famous last words!
  • scoob42scoob42 Member Posts: 2
    HEY TY, YOUR RESPONSE WAS PRETTY FUNNY,I GOT A GOOD LAUGH!! BUT I WOULD BE HAPPY TAKING A 4000 DOLLAR BEATING!! COMPARED TO A 12,000 REDUCTION ONE LEXUS DEALER SUGGESTED.......YOU KNOW I TOLD HIM TO "POUND SAND" WHERE THE SUN DONT SHINE...
    12 grand???? Oh man....and they wonder why car dealerships rank as low as lawyer firms in the public eye.......Can't blame you for the comment made to them!
  • bud_light_dudebud_light_dude Member Posts: 330
    I am sure that consumer reports can shed some light in this area. That is at least what I keep hearing.
    You should have ran over the SOB on your way out of the dealership.
    LOL!!
  • cwirthcwirth Member Posts: 169
    He was asking about his Tundra not a Silverado.
    Read post #8 - a lexus dealer offered him $12K less for his TUNDRA. I would not be surprised if he gets similar offers from Toyota dealers, they are the worst when it comes to giving you anything for your trade. You may also want to take note of why he needs to dump the Tundra - can not handle a slide out camper because of the stumpy bed.
  • bob259bob259 Member Posts: 280
    One year deals seem to really hit you hard. I've got the same type numbers on a Silverado I was going to trade. I can't afford to take that type of loss and will stick it out till the 2 - 3 year mark.

The dealers have turned into pigs again and want to make 3 K on the new car and 3-5K on your used car at minimum. The best thing for everyone to do is walk away from these deals and make them sit on their floor plan, at 1% over prime, and sweat bullets again for buyers to come in.
  • rlangford2rlangford2 Member Posts: 17
    The Tundra uhhhm, I mean Tindra is worth about $3.50.
  • jcmdiejcmdie Member Posts: 594
    Sounds like a nice truck. I wonder why none of the tundra fans have offered to buy it at nearly your cost. After all the tundra followers believe that its resale value will be so high that it almost doesn't depreciate at all. Good luck.
  • pchengpcheng Member Posts: 162
    Well, ... it probably has something to do with the fact that most of the people on Tundras sites already OWN Tundra's.
  • arkie6arkie6 Member Posts: 198
    Well, it could be the fact that most of the people on the Tundra topics already own one OR they wouldn't own one no matter what since it doesn't have Ford, Chevy, or Dodge on the nameplate.

jcmdie, it could be that any interested parties would have communicated directly with the seller via email instead of posting here. Is the truck still for sale?
  • meredithmeredith Member Posts: 575
    After 30 or more days of inactivity....

this topic is being "frozen." It will be archived or deleted in the next 10 days or so.

Front Porch Philosopher
    SUV, Pickups, & Aftermarket and Accessories Host
This discussion has been closed.